ot. hard day | The Boneyard

ot. hard day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Went from watching TM. announcement to taking my dog, 9 month old mastiff, in for a stomach ache. He is having acute renal failure and in stage 3 of 4. I'm devastated. Left him there for IV and intensive care. Always joked I'd never spend X on a dog and when they put the large number in front of me for medical I signed it. Would have signed any number. He has a shot at making it but it's been a hard day. Haven't told the kids. Feel a bit snake bit right now. Not to make this about recruiting but we didn't have a good day but we just missed. Nothing to worry about.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Best of luck to your doggie. You're a good guy for spending what it takes to give him a shot.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Hope everything turns out alright. This sure puts all of the dumb sh33t thrown around on this board into perspective.

Reaction Score
prayers for your dog. my dog is 13 years old and has had 2 ACL surgeries. Soon enough I'm afraid his legs might give out and he won't be able to walk anymore. he's the best dog in the world. they are the best comfort in the world.

Reaction Score
I hope he has a speedy recovery. Love my dog- certainly more of a dog homer then a recruting homer.
We will be fine- this happens every year.

Reaction Score
Went from watching TM. announcement to taking my dog, 9 month old mastiff, in for a stomach ache. He is having acute renal failure and in stage 3 of 4. I'm devastated. Left him there for IV and intensive care. Always joked I'd never spend X on a dog and when they put the large number in front of me for medical I signed it. Would have signed any number. He has a shot at making it but it's been a hard day. Haven't told the kids. Feel a bit snake bit right now. Not to make this about recruiting but we didn't have a good day but we just missed. Nothing to worry about.
Please PM me if you want a friend or any support as it relates to your dog.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Hoping for the best - really praying for you, your family and dog - please keep us up to date on situation.
Dogs are part of the family - you need one to know!

Reaction Score
So sorry for the bad news, I hope everything turns out positive for your dog. One of the few things I miss most with break up with my gf of 15 yrs is our dog, Chulo. He's almost worth going back w/ the emasculating wretch...

Reaction Score

Sorry, they are like our kids. How can a person deny them a chance?

Reaction Score
HDad and K9 hope everything works out. please keep us updated and know we are thinking of you and your best friends.

Had a tough week at work as this is forecasts and budgets week - the one thing I counted on was coming home and seeing her waiting and acting like I've been gone for 3 weeks instead of 9 hours or so. They're love for us never ends and so somehow we become more attached than we do with some humans in our lives - crazy but true!

Good luck - as an FYI on the limp my lady had that once and we were scared and had a day to get her in - woke up she couldn't get up and I had to bring her in carrying her so I was scared tless. Turned out to be Lyme Disease and with antibiotics was basically gone in 2 days! Always something but usually good news! Keep the faith

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Dang thought this was another thread about recruiting so didn't click it initially. My thoughts and prayers to your pets Husky Dad and k9fanatic. They are family. I don't care what @Fishy says. They can join me anytime on my furniture.

Reaction Score
Dogs take such good care of their humans... They make us better. Positive thoughts coming your way

Reaction Score
Positive thoughts towards your dog.

The last dog I'll ever have died on May 11, 2011. Heart can't take it anymore. The joys always outweighs the pains and the memories live for a lifetime.

Reaction Score
Had a tough week at work as this is forecasts and budgets week - the one thing I counted on was coming home and seeing her waiting and acting like I've been gone for 3 weeks instead of 9 hours or so. They're love for us never ends and so somehow we become more attached than we do with some humans in our lives - crazy but true!

After a tough day of work, there is nothing like a happy tail!:)

I've been through 9 dogs, and 5 litters of pups. They all have their own place in your heart.

I once had someone say, "You must be used to it." ie losing a dog. No you don't. They are intelligent animals with personality, and each one has it's own personality.

Thinking of you Husky Dad and K9.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the well wishes. Just got great news from the vet. Limp is not being caused by a bone tumor which is what they feared. She's been vaccinated against Lyme disease so they're going on the assumption it's a soft tissue injury. Vet gave her a cortisone shot while she was sedated and now we play around with the meds until we get her comfortable. Main thing is I get to take my baby home tonight. :)

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

I pray he'll pull through and you and my family will be in my thoughts and prayers. My 18 year old cat who I posted about a while back died on Wednesday and I don't know if it's me or the kids who are taking it harder. Best of luck.

Reaction Score
Update. He is responding to meds. And fluids. Thanks for support guys. These dogs are like my kids and I have kids. It's crazy. I tried like he'll not to fall in love with him but I did. He is getting fluids halved. More testing tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom