ot. hard day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ot. hard day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Like fluid lips I also didn't click the initial post. 9 months? Damn.

Pulling for your pup. Yours, too, K9.

Reaction Score
Thanks HD. That's good news about your pup. If he's responding to the meds and fluids and even had an appetite, that's gotta be a good omen, right? And he's young so he also has that going for him. Best of luck.

Reaction Score
HuskyDad and K9, best of luck; they will be in my prayers tonight. Animals have a truly amazing will to live, so rest assured that they will be fighting like heck to get back home to you.

And yes, they sure are worth the monetary cost. I had a cat once who developed a condition where he had crystals in his urinary tract. I gladly paid over $600 to the vet for surgery to remove the crystals. Twice. He was just a gray-and-white "barn cat," but he was also my Smokey. Friendliest, most outgoing cat I ever knew. So, Joober, I'm empathizing with you too, and you'll be in my prayers as well.

Reaction Score
Hey HuskyDad -- what's the word on your pup? Is he doing any better?

How is yours as of this evening k9? Hope all is getting better.

Concerned Dad hasn't been on since Friday. Fingers crossed

Reaction Score
Sorry guys. We picked him up saturday. His numbers came down and we are one good test from being out of the woods. They can't tell me what shut his kidneys down which is scary. Feel a lot better with him home. He is getting the royal treatment from my wife which I think is funny. K9. Hope u get good news. Thanks for the rally guys. Tried to explain to my wife how I got some relief from the boneyard. She just thought I was crazy. :) Have a great week guys.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the well wishes. Just got great news from the vet. Limp is not being caused by a bone tumor which is what they feared. She's been vaccinated against Lyme disease so they're going on the assumption it's a soft tissue injury. Vet gave her a cortisone shot while she was sedated and now we play around with the meds until we get her comfortable. Main thing is I get to take my baby home tonight. :)

Glad the news is good...just an FYI, according to my vet, the Lyme vaccine only works on a few strains...if I recall what they said something like there are over 20 strains, and the vaccine only works against 4. We get our guy tested every 6 months.

Reaction Score
That is wonderful news Husky Dad. So happy for you.

Mine is doing much better. Cortisone shot did wonders for her. Still has a slight limp but much, much better. She's on prednisone now, hopefully that will take care of the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom