OT: Happy Festivus! | The Boneyard

OT: Happy Festivus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
People who don't like boneless chicken wings. People who don't like turkey. People who wear loose fitting garments on basketball courts that snag and mangle fingers. That Mariah Carey Christmas song. The chubby checkout kid at the grocery store who would not shut up about Star Wars. Rebounding. That America has forgotten about Burl Ives. You've discarded him. All of you. It's like he never existed. People who complain about bad grammar while using bad grammar. Jon Rothstein's Twitter account. Adam Zagoria's rope bracelets. NASA. Let's launch some f---ers into space like the old days. Mike Brey. Rick Pitino's freaky turkey neck. Fed Ex. If you ordered something that's supposed to be delivered by Fed Ex on the 24th, it's not coming. Have a backup present ready. My in-laws. I love them dearly, but I'm making a hellaciously expensive standing rib roast for Christmas dinner and they will gripe if it's not gray. Savages. Football. One brother is a Giants' fan. One brother is a Steelers' fan. Father-in-law is a Patriots' fan. I'm a Vikings' fan - it's been a long, hard road. Wrapping presents. It's stupid. Bourbon. The mall. The Weather Channel naming winter storms and then pretending it's real. The hoops you have to jump through to bet on sports. People who aren't me. You. Yes, you.

Reaction Score
Kelsey Grammer.

He was brilliant on Cheers and Frasier, but what has he done for us lately?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
People who bury their personal attack mid post even when they wanted to lead with it.

People who edit their post and make my joke irrelevant.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As always:

1. "Real fans" who feel others care and must be made aware of their unsolicited "real fan" resume. Fandom is like money. The people who have it don't need to tell others. Others just know.

2. People who say/write, "could care less," when they mean "couldn't."

2a. People who do 2 above on purpose.

There are others but these will suffice for now.

Reaction Score
The goshdarn students that aren't even fans, but win the lottery and buy season tickets just to sell them for a huge profit. Stop ripping off your fellow students by taking advantage of real fans!!!!!!!!!!!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
People who don't like boneless chicken wings. People who don't like turkey. People who wear loose fitting garments on basketball courts that snag and mangle fingers. That Mariah Carey Christmas song. The chubby checkout kid at the grocery store who would not shut up about Star Wars. Rebounding. That America has forgotten about Burl Ives. You've discarded him. All of you. It's like he never existed. People who complain about bad grammar while using bad grammar. Jon Rothstein's Twitter account. Adam Zagoria's rope bracelets. NASA. Let's launch some f---ers into space like the old days. Mike Brey. Rick Pitino's freaky turkey neck. Fed Ex. If you ordered something that's supposed to be delivered by Fed Ex on the 24th, it's not coming. Have a backup present ready. My in-laws. I love them dearly, but I'm making a hellaciously expensive standing rib roast for Christmas dinner and they will gripe if it's not gray. Savages. Football. One brother is a Giants' fan. One brother is a Steelers' fan. Father-in-law is a Patriots' fan. I'm a Vikings' fan - it's been a long, hard road. Wrapping presents. It's stupid. Bourbon. The mall. The Weather Channel naming winter storms and then pretending it's real. The hoops you have to jump through to bet on sports. People who aren't me. You. Yes, you.

Wow 1 and 2 at the top of fishys grievances. That's validation of good work. Might have to skip my senior season and turn pro.
Also, they're not really wings though, amirite?

My grievances? Pats fans. "I've got a lot of problems with you people and now you are going to hear them" ( but I think I will wait for after the jets win this weekend for maximum impact). :)

Reaction Score
Kooger, my son tells me your company stinks!
You couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe..... I lost my train of thought

Reaction Score
People who don't bury their personal attacks mid post and make it tough to know what they wanted to lead with.
OkaForPrez is a nice guy but didn't drink enough in the Bahama's to lead to a winning record while burying Mrs Dribbles.
Would love to be able to "edit" the morning after a couple TWI (typing while impaired) posts:eek: Damn I would have to breath in to a tube to start my computer if they gave out TWI's:confused:

(is that buried enough in the middle or shall i edit OK4?)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Burl Ives. that fat b*stard could really act.
Cut your in laws serving of the rib off and start it 45 minutes early, then put it back on to serve. ( my bro is the same)

Reaction Score
1. Having to be so PC with everything that is said. It's Merry Christmas, not happy holidays.

2. Not being able to watch the games on tv, ESPN3 don't count.

3. Waiting in line at the store because someone thinks that this item was supposedly cheaper than what it rang up at.

4. Also waiting for people to pay using checks. Get with the times. Use your darn card and be done with it.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Okay, here goes. My #1 and growing gripe has to do with the stupid, stupid, stupid drivers who think the interstate highway system is their personal Indy 500. You know who I mean. The ones who cut in and out of traffic with about a centimeter to spare. Is this you? Watch out for the Baby Boomers who are about to go all postal on your ass. I have this strange, strong impulse to go to "ramming speed" and knock them off the road and off some vast cliff (or at least speed up and not let them cut me off). I would like to get a James Bond car and shoot a little missile up their tailpipe. Or perhaps a laser to cut their car down the middle. At the very least, these evildoers should get a holiday visit from Fishy and get a solid punch to the throat.

So, it's reckless dbags on the road.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hillary Clinton
Officiating of any Duke game
Dickie V on his ACC/Puke/Kensucky rants
This year - my job and the boss
Big E (and I don't mean the fall fair)
People who rip up the team and players on the chats then when UConn wins they act like they never have anything negative to say

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1. Dunkin' Donuts stores in the south. So. Slow. Just give me a coffee.

2. Keurig snobs. Great. Have your 20 flavors. Just make one of them normal coffee.

3. Bob Diaco's game plan the second anything goes off key. Run, run, run and lose.

4. Airline boarding zones. You thought zone 1 was cool? You might be the last person on board.
4a. balloon knots who don't use the overhead anywhere near their assigned seats.
4b. balloon knots who can't follow simple instructions of which side of the jet is for full size carry ons and which one is for smaller stuff.

5. Drivers who randomly drive at random speeds in random lanes. I could care less what speed you drive. Do us all a favor. Look at the traffic to your right. Are you moving faster than it? If the answer is no or if you're not sure, move to the right.

7. Driving in to the lane and leaving your feet before you know what you're going to do with the ball.

8. You make a post on this board asking a question and people "like" it.

9. The Post Office two days ago. We are all trying to get stuff delivered by Christmas and we all know we have to pay a premium for waiting. Stop asking the clerk for every conceivable pricing option for the package.

10. IPA's. Once again Americans had to ruin something by going extreme. Try balance of flavors not 4000% more hops. This isn't Jolt cola.

11. People who look up to notice I skipped #6 and then get p!ssed at me for mentioning it even though they looked up at it.

12. Emails marked with a red exclamation telling me it's important. Um. No. If it's important, you are calling me directly, using IM or sending me a message on my cell phone. Literally nothing comes to me directly that is important without me knowing it ahead of time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Okay, here goes. My #1 and growing gripe has to do with the stupid, stupid, stupid drivers who think the interstate highway system is their personal Indy 500. You know who I mean. The ones who cut in and out of traffic with about a centimeter to spare. Is this you? Watch out for the Baby Boomers who are about to go all postal on your ass. I have this strange, strong impulse to go to "ramming speed" and knock them off the road and off some vast cliff (or at least speed up and not let them cut me off). I would like to get a James Bond car and shoot a little missile up their tailpipe. Or perhaps a laser to cut their car down the middle. At the very least, these evildoers should get a holiday visit from Fishy and get a solid punch to the throat.

So, it's reckless dbags on the road.
People who drive slow in the passing lane, refusing to move and then when you give up and move to the left lane to drive a normal speed they speed up to keep pace with you. Then they go on the Boneyard to post how everyone else is a bad driver. Get therapy. ;)

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, I suppose I should post my annual comment about people who get on the people mover at airports thinking it's ride and just stand there after arranging there luggage to block the way. Move your fat ass pal, I've got a plane to catch.

Reaction Score
Things I hate.

1. Opening a bag of chips to find it's 1/3 full because the "product may have settled during shipping". Can't someone invent a machine that fills the bag, shakes it a little, then refills it to the top so I can get a full bag of chips?

2. That Mau can't get a Spooker from Verdolini's anymore.

3. Uncle Billy from "It's a Wonderful Life". Every year, I have fits of rage when that bumbling idiot loses the Savings and Loan money. And who is that guy that just pushes Potter around in his wheelchair? Couldn't he have a single friggin' moment of decency and say "Hey, George. Old Man Potter has the money hidden under his floppy crippled legs"? No, he is ready to let a bunch of "gahlick eaters" lose their homes. Screw that guy too.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
People who maintain there is a War on Christmas, just because someone wishes them, "Happy Holidays."

Even the song, Happy Holidays, has about a dozen reference to Christmas.

The Holiday season begins in late November, ends in January, and includes at least 3 distinct holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.). If there is a War on Christmas, then Christmas won. It is the holiday season. Get over it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
People who maintain there is a War on Christmas, just because someone wishes them, "Happy Holidays."

Even the song, Happy Holidays, has about a dozen reference to Christmas.

The Holiday season begins in late November, ends in January, and includes at least 3 distinct holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.). If there is a War on Christmas, then Christmas won. It is the holiday season. Get over it.

Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky