Reaction Score
I need closure. Holy Crap!!!

How do they kill him!!!
Arya is blind?
Stanis is dead!
Reek is Theon?
Sansa jumps off wall?
Kaleesi is a captive?
Cersi is broken? Now going to kill everyone.
The mountain is back
War is coming between Dorn and the Lannisters!
Tyrian has his own city

.....wow!!

Reaction Score

How do they kill him!!!
Arya is blind?
Stanis is dead!
Reek is Theon?
Sansa jumps off wall?
Kaleesi is a captive?
The mountain is back
Tyrian has his own city

.....wow!!

I am with you on all of that.
The biggest one for me was that they killed Jon Snow.
Maybe with Melisandre there she will revive him. Hopefully.
That really upset me the most.

Reaction Score

How do they kill him!!!
Arya is blind?
Stanis is dead!
Reek is Theon?
Sansa jumps off wall?
Kaleesi is a captive?
The mountain is back
Tyrian has his own city

.....wow!!
There is a whole GoT thread in the entertainment forum, come join us.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I am with you on all of that.
The biggest one for me was that they killed Jon Snow.
Maybe with Melisandre there she will revive him. Hopefully.
That really upset me the most.
Not having read the books I was shocked they killed him. No real reason to, IMHO, but further research on the net led me to discover 2 things...
  1. He IS killed in the books during a mutiny of the Night's Watch
  2. Interviews with the cast and director indicated they have no intention of "bringing him back"
Last season we saw several of the "Bad guys" get killed off. Looks like they are back to offing the good guys now...

Reaction Score
Not having read the books I was shocked they killed him. No real reason to, IMHO, but further research on the net led me to discover 2 things...
  1. He IS killed in the books during a mutiny of the Night's Watch
  2. Interviews with the cast and director indicated they have no intention of "bringing him back"
Last season we saw several of the "Bad guys" get killed off. Looks like they are back to offing the good guys now...
The books leave his fate ambiguous. The general consensus among readers is that he will be around in book 6. Post-finale interviews with cast are not the most trustworthy source.

Reaction Score
The books leave his fate ambiguous. The general consensus among readers is that he will be around in book 6. Post-finale interviews with cast are not the most trustworthy source.
The writers are, however, purposely diverging from the books a bit. But this would be much bigger than Jamie being in Dorne as opposed to still being in the woods in Westeros

Don't get me wrong I want Jon to be back but I'll take the word of people intimately involved with the show over a bunch of book readers who have personal attachments and are susceptible to wishful thinking.

Reaction Score
I'm still pretty sure Jon will somehow be resurrected because (speculation) the end of the series/books will literally be fire vs. ice. The three remaining members with Targaryen (Dragon's) blood - Daenerys, Tyrion and Jon Snow - riding a dragon each against the Night's King and the white walkers.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Showrunners lie and obfuscate all the time. I think some version of Jon Snow will return because that would be the smart decision. Just because Harington won't be in the next season of the show doesn't mean anything beyond that.

I love all the misdirections (I thought it was hilarious that they used Benjen in the previews to fool everyone; of course all book readers knew it would be a trap), but it's just not smart to get everyone wondering about his true parentage and how he fits in with Dany and the White Walkers etc, and then kill him off.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Showrunners lie and obfuscate all the time. I think some version of Jon Snow will return because that would be the smart decision. Just because Harington won't be in the next season of the show doesn't mean anything beyond that.

I love all the misdirections (I thought it was hilarious that they used Benjen in the previews to fool everyone; of course all book readers knew it would be a trap), but it's just not smart to get everyone wondering about his true parentage and how he fits in with Dany and the White Walkers etc, and then kill him off.

I agree with this, but who knows what George R. R. Martin will do as he continues to kill off the major characters at a surprising rate. The book left Jon Snow's fate looking much more uncertain than the way they depicted it in the finale of the TV show. I hope he comes back whenever as he was one of the few likable characters left.

Reaction Score
Kit Harrington just signed a huge deal for seasons 6 & 7.

One thing about this show is they absolutely telegraph what's going to happen. All year we heard "Ser Alliser is going to kill you," and all year Olly was Chekhov's angry orphan. So - without having read the books - I felt like last night was pretty obvious.

Just as it's pretty obvious that Melisandre will bring Jon back to life.

Also: A former Daily Campus sports editor works on the show as Beniof & Weiss's assistant. Huskies repeesent!

Reaction Score
No one is dead until you see that their head is cut off or that they are burned.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

One thing about this show is they absolutely telegraph what's going to happen. All year we heard "Ser Alliser is going to kill you," and all year Olly was Chekhov's angry orphan. So - without having read the books - I felt like last night was pretty obvious.

Also: A former Daily Campus sports editor works on the show as Beniof & Weiss's assistant. Huskies repeesent!

Harington claims that the report about his contract was false. I still don't think it matters.

As Andy Greenwald points out on Grantland, Martin made the showrunners guess who Jon Snow's real mother was before agreeing to have them do the show. Snow is important to the story. He's not a sideshow like Ned or Robb Stark.

Or not, I guess. But that would be very foolish, IMO. Just too much of a waste.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/game-of-thrones-season-5-episode-10-recap/

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

I also thought that Melisandre being there could provide a means for saving Jon Snow as they emphasized his blood quite graphically. The blood of a king?

I wonder how long it will take them to start the next season when the next book has not even been released. Martin's a slacker ;)

Reaction Score
I also thought that Melisandre being there could provide a means for saving Jon Snow as they emphasized his blood quite graphically. The blood of a king?

I wonder how long it will take them to start the next season when the next book has not even been released. Martin's a slacker ;)

Way too long:confused:

Reaction Score
My random thoughts:

My guess is that they are trying to throw people off the "R+L=J" (Google it) scent, but Melisandre returning to Castle Black right before Jon is killed is too big a coincidence to ignore. It appears that Kit Harrington has responded that he won't be back in season 6, but that doesn't mean he won't be back in season 7. GRRM has stated many times that dead isn't necessarily dead.

What will happen in the next book is the most important thing to me. However, Jon is not a point of view character, so we might only have an idea about what happened when the information is relayed to a point of view character, and even that information may not be accurate, as none of the point of view characters in the next book would have witnessed anything.

Also, I saw some subtle forecasting when Daario asked Tyrion if he was a good [horse] rider, and Tyrion responded "middling." If he is the third head of the dragon, he better learn to ride quickly.

Reaction Score
GRRM has stated many times that dead isn't necessarily dead.
Not immediately related but reminded me of:

Don't do it, Stotch! Sometimes, dead is bettah

south-park-s09e09c05-dead-is-better-16x9.jpg

Reaction Score
My random thoughts:

My guess is that they are trying to throw people off the "R+L=J" (Google it) scent, but Melisandre returning to Castle Black right before Jon is killed is too big a coincidence to ignore. It appears that Kit Harrington has responded that he won't be back in season 6, but that doesn't mean he won't be back in season 7. GRRM has stated many times that dead isn't necessarily dead.

Yeah. The fact that they essentially confirmed R+L=J this season, and now are denying him coming back aka the only reason why they would bring it up in the first place.

Either he is reborn as Azor Ahai and thus is not Jon Snow, or he's in a later season. In the books, unless it's some sort of incredible red herring, he's going to warg into Ghost. In the show, they seem to want to make warging only Bran's thing, so that's why they had to maneuver Melisandre to his side.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
What will happen in the next book is the most important thing to me. However, Jon is not a point of view character, so we might only have an idea about what happened when the information is relayed to a point of view character, and even that information may not be accurate, as none of the point of view characters in the next book would have witnessed anything.

Jon is a POV character.

Reaction Score
Just a thought..What if Melisandre does use magic to bring Jon back to life by sacrificing his Wolf, therefore, Jon returns with super natural powers similar to his brother.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Jon is Azor Ahai - without reading the books figured out in Episode 2 Season 1 that Jon Snow is Lyanna's kid. Melisandre, in one of the episodes this season or was it the last episode last season - had the "oh s h1t" moment when she saw Jon through the fire. But now, I'm not sure what to expect ... they may say Jon's spirit is now combined with his dire wolf. Stupid.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Jon is Azor Ahai - without reading the books figured out in Episode 2 Season 1 that Jon Snow is Lyanna's kid. Melisandre, in one of the episodes this season or was it the last episode last season - had the "oh s h1t" moment when she saw Jon through the fire. But now, I'm not sure what to expect ... they may say Jon's spirit is now combined with his dire wolf. Stupid.

This is what I am thinking, that Melisandre will resurrect Jon as Azor Ahai, but not necessarily for the next book or next season. Why go through all that trouble of staging the fight with the White Walkers and his stare down with the Night King when you are only going to kill him like a punk in the next episode. He will be resurrected in some form. Otherwise, all of his backstory becomes extraneous for not establishing anything moving forward.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

OK gotcha. Although that is just the list of characters GRRM has confirmed. Of course he isn't going to confirm anything regarding Jon at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom