OT: GoT Season 5 Finale (Spoilers) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: GoT Season 5 Finale (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I love all the misdirections (I thought it was hilarious that they used Benjen in the previews to fool everyone; of course all book readers knew it would be a trap), but it's just not smart to get everyone wondering about his true parentage and how he fits in with Dany and the White Walkers etc, and then kill him off.
I agree with this, but who knows what George R. R. Martin will do as he continues to kill off the major characters at a surprising rate. The book left Jon Snow's fate looking much more uncertain than the way they depicted it in the finale of the TV show. I hope he comes back whenever as he was one of the few likable characters left.

BOOK SPOILER AND POSSIBLE SHOW SPOILER BELOW (highlight white txt):

iirc Isn't there a 'friendly' white walker in the book that helps Bran out of a scrape? I thought it likely that that particular figure would be Benjen. And if so, that might also be a bit of foreshadowing that a similar or related (undead or reborn) thing could happen with Jon? Just thinking out loud.

Of course, the white walkers might want to help Bran do what he's doing. Which is further along in plot in the book than in the show.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I wonder how long it will take them to start the next season when the next book has not even been released. Martin's a slacker ;)

It's been written and is at the editors, no?

Which probably means a release date four years from now...

Reaction Score

Yes this is a great summary. Book Spoilers:

The only thing it doesn't mention is that the prologue to the last book included a scene of a random warg transferring into his animal as his body died and living out the rest of his life trapped in the animal's body. The show may not go this route, but that is probably why they changed Melisandre's location to be near Jon when he died.

Reaction Score
For the love of God, don't "bring back" John Snow. Or anybody else who got it. Stannis. I'd prefer no- and the Stark girl to be dead. Or at least caught and killed by the evil dude.
The thing that makes G.O.T. better than most of the crap out there is exactly that they have steadfastly avoided the happy-ending BS that plagues every sh--ty attempt at modern cinema. It's the same formulaic drivel every time - good guy and/or heroine get away in the end, bad guy meets horrible fate, one or two minor characters die on the way. Bo-ring. Problem with movies is, if you don't make Joe-6 pack and Sally 2 two shoes leave the movie with a smile on their face, they'll post on Facebook what a bad movie it was, and sales crash. This is the Charles Dickens effect. He was the master and modern creator of the obligatory happy ending.
G.O.T. has pulled off a great Coup by being both popular and out of the formula. The best ending in my view would be to have the ice dudes take over the world, killing the blonde woman last. And they keep the dragons as a pet.

Reaction Score
I said it in the entertainment forum and I'll say it here too:

Another season goes by, and as is tradition, the Stark offspring somehow find a way to be even more screwed than they previously were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom