OT: Gordon Hayward | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Gordon Hayward

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
A Bengals Defensive lineman (Tim Krumrie) had his leg bent 90 degrees in the wrong direction during the Super Bowl. Non-contact as well.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
This is clearly a result of a curse the Mormons placed on him when he left Salt Lake City

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
A Bengals Defensive lineman (Tim Krumrie) had his leg bent 90 degrees in the wrong direction during the Super Bowl. Non-contact as well.
That's on my list of "never forget" injuries. Dave Dravecky, Theisman, Anderson Silva all included.

Reaction Score
The people who actually know and work with Skip Bayless depict him as somebody who is far from scum. That doesn't mean what he said wasn't tone-deaf, but I think this sort of thing falls more under the category of "bad social skills" than "bad human being." I can see how the two might blend together after a while, especially with a public figure like Bayless.

But I'm sure he's not the only one who had that thought or something similar. My first reaction - granted I read about it on twitter, which changes things - was you have to be kidding me, in his first game as a Celtic? If I were in a position where I actually knew him and loved him as a person, that reaction would be different, but as somebody watching from afar I don't think it's unreasonable to process these things through a different lens. To actually say it, though, to a national audience and not in your basement, lacks empathy and kind of re-enforces his image as a guy who just doesn't get it, which in a way is the worst thing you can be. You don't have to know or even care about Gordon Hayward to understand the agony of what he's going through.

I'm glad @nomar brought up Napoleon McCallum because I was going to mention it. That's the all-time worst for me (Andrew Bogut had an elbow injury that ranks up there). The optimist in me says that this is one of those injuries where the visceral reaction it invokes causes us to overstate the severity. I absolutely understand how a guys foot pointing sideways would cause one to wonder about his career or even life, but I went through something myself where I broke my wrist and my hand basically rotated 90 degrees. I was in seventh grade at the time and the thing was effed up even weeks after the cast came off. I remember laying down in my bed with both my arms extended to the ceiling just crying thinking they were never going to be the same. I thought the injury killed my career (turns out it would be talent). To this day I know nothing about what the hell happened other than that they put me to sleep, stuck a pin in it and cut the thing open. I was probably the worst science/anatomy student as you'll find but I'll never question the power of science or medicine again.

Reaction Score
Well he's scum regardless of the distasteful tweet he pressed enter on minutes after a well respected star player had a devastating, career threatening injury.

His comment in no way disrespected the injured player, but rather stressed the impact that his loss will have on the eastern conference landscape.

Reaction Score
His comment in no way disrespected the injured player, but rather stressed the impact that his loss will have on the eastern conference landscape.

He's just masterfully playing the hot take game by circumventing the injury and going straight to trolling the most talked about player in the NBA. It's not unlike the strings Chief pulls here.

Reaction Score
He's just masterfully playing the hot take game by circumventing the injury and going straight to trolling the most talked about player in the NBA. It's not unlike the strings Chief pulls here.

Absolutely. He got just the reaction he was looking for.

Reaction Score
Maybe scum isn't the right word, but if your first thought after seeing that injury is how you can use it for your personal, anti-LeBron agenda, you're definitely not a good guy.

The question of path to ECF and how it affects the East is a very interesting topic, and one that does need to be discussed by the Skip Baylesses of the world. But that's a topic for the next morning, not immediately after the injury happens

Reaction Score
I think i have read the whole thread. Maybe i missed a post. Doesn't anyone here remember LT's hit on Joe Theismann? Equal to say the least. I wish Hayward well. You could hear Theismann's ankle break on the broadcast.
'

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Was Bayless' timing for the tweet a bit off color? Probably.

But those of you who get pissed off about Skip Bayless completely miss the mark. He is a troll who trolls to get ratings.

There is a reason First Take, and now Undisputed is one of the most popular sports talk programs. He sparks debate and gets reactions out of people.
I think he's brilliant, as much as I dislike his stance on LeBron.

Reaction Score
There is a reason First Take, and now Undisputed is one of the most popular sports talk programs. He sparks debate and gets reactions out of people.
Undisputed is one of the most popular sports talk programs? I thought I heard their ratings were awful.

Reaction Score
Undisputed is one of the most popular sports talk programs? I thought I heard their ratings were awful.
The ratings for Undisputed are beyond abysmal. Just read Richard Deitsch's Twitter feed and you'll see how bad the ratings are

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The ratings for Undisputed are beyond abysmal. Just read Richard Deitsch's Twitter feed and you'll see how bad the ratings are
Fair enough, I just made that up about Undisputed. But I know at one point when Stephen A and Skip were on First Take it was the most popular sports t.v. show at one point.

Reaction Score
Was Bayless' timing for the tweet a bit off color? Probably.

But those of you who get pissed off about Skip Bayless completely miss the mark. He is a troll who trolls to get ratings.

So, in one post you have called Bayless brilliant and made up a fact in support of your view.

Hmmmm.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
5850771D-BAF9-4DFF-A19C-C691607050BF.png
Haha anyone else getting this ad too?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads