OT: Gordon Hayward | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Gordon Hayward

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Ummmm it’s really not too crazy to think someone who has that happen may not play in the NBA again
Yes it is... If he can run by opening game next season, he will be on the celtics roster.

Reaction Score
Worst sports injury I ever saw was Clint Malarchuk. That was horrific. As far as broken limbs, this one is as bad as it gets. Right up there with Joe Theismann, Paul George and Kevin Ware.

Reaction Score
Too bad. Hopefully recovery goes well. Hes eing flown back to boston to get with the best surgeons, i assume.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Worst sports injury I ever saw was Clint Malarchuk. That was horrific. As far as broken limbs, this one is as bad as it gets. Right up there with Joe Theismann, Paul George and Kevin Ware.
Well yes that was extremely gruesome. I surely jumped the gun calling this the worst. Honestly might be the second worst I’ve seen live behind Bryce Flory for the Red Sox. I turned the TV on literally seconds after Ware’s injury. This was really really bad though.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Huskyforlife is just a loser. He would be crying like a little girl if this injury happened to him. Just a troll.
Damn bro, right in the feels. You're probably right, that ish looked painful. What does any of this have to do with Bayless being "scum?"

Reaction Score

Here are a couple other ones. Willis McGahee, Jason Kendal and I remember a Tampa Bay Rays pitcher snap his arm on the mound. Barf.

Reaction Score
Well, that’s one way to begin your Celtics career...sorry, gallows humor.

TV says “ankle fracture”; I thought distal tibia fracture when I saw it, which would be more soft tissue damage than an ankle fracture. Prognosis will really depend on the X-rays and how much surgery is required. Figure the minimum for return is 4 months, possibly season ending.

Reaction Score
Unbelievably unlucky and freak accident for such a great basketball player/person. I'm as big a Celtic fan as anyone, follow them as closely as I do our Huskies, and to see that unfold 5 minutes into his Celtic career was heartbreaking. To start his 4 year contract/journey with the Celts this way, the highest paid player on the team, makes me sick to my stomach.

It really was exciting to predict what this team was set to accomplish this year, but with this injury it completely changes the game and makeup of what this team can get done. There's one good thing to come from this, the young guys are going to get priceless experience and grow up far faster than what was expected (sounds familiar). I immediately picked up Jaylen Brown in both of my fantasy leagues, kid's going to have an unbelievable season now that this has unfolded.

If I we're Gordon I'd place a phone call straight to Paul George and get some advice from someone who has gone through something as horrific as this smack dab in the middle of their prime. First game of the season....un-duck*-ing believable. You can't write this stuff....classy by Lebron to go give him some love after he got carted off. I'm going to go drink some more beer to drown my sorrows. So unfortunate...

Reaction Score
Brad stevens says its a dislocated ankle and broken tibia (?).

Loved the way brown, tatum, and smart stepped up. This will be an enjoyable season to watch the youngins grow

Reaction Score
Surprised nobody mentioned Edgar Sosa. Playing for the Dominican National Team, his shin was literally poking through his shin pad. Disgusting, but watching this happen to Hayward absolutely sucked. He was so excited for this season. Got to feel for him regardless who you are.

Reaction Score
Here are a couple other ones. Willis McGahee, Jason Kendal and I remember a Tampa Bay Rays pitcher snap his arm on the mound. Barf.
That Kendall one still haunts me when I think about it. Just dangling there...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom