OT: Giants | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watch them now like I'm watching a horror movie. New monster every week, and stupid, self inflicting decisions by the 'victim'. Eli's making some serious moola though.

That locker room must be dysfunctional right now, which is going to become a problem compounding their ineptitude.

Reaction Score
Its the same song and dance like we have seen for a while now. This is the 3rd year in a row they started at least 0-2. It seems like the NFC East is brutal and potentially wide open right now with Romo out. It just makes it more frustrating considering the Giants absolutely should have been 2-0 but they continue to beat themselves. If they miss the playoffs again, and that looks like the case right now, I hope Coughlin just retires to save the embarrassment of being fired. If thats the case, I think the Giants should absolutely reach out to Bill Cowher to see if he would listen...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Giants absolutely gave away two games, but they may well be the division leaders now with Romo out and the Eagles playing perhaps the worst professional football I've ever seen.

Suffice to say that I don't think the Super Bowl champ is going come from the NFC East this season.

Reaction Score
A second receiver would be nice. When does Victor get back?

Reaction Score
The Giants have held onto Coughlin at least 2 years too long. That's the problem with an organization as conservative as they are -- far too slow to respond when change is needed.

Reaction Score
The Giants have held onto Coughlin at least 2 years too long. That's the problem with an organization as conservative as they are -- far too slow to respond when change is needed.

Maybe, but are you saying this if the Giants make two more plays and are 2-0? Far as I can see, the biggest problem with that roster is talent.

Reaction Score
Another year I wasted my money on NFL Sunday ticket. Don't mind paying, but seriously, can you keep me interested at least until November before you choke the season away? These 0 and whatever starts are killing me.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
jibsey said:
A second receiver would be nice. When does Victor get back?
Don't rush him back.

The defense is devoid of talented players and the offense has one amazing player who is getting triple-teamed.

And for all I hear about TOM COUGHLIN DISCIPLINE RAH RAH RAH they make the same procedural mistakes and dumb penalties every week, every year. If I see one more shot of Tom Coughlin livid and confused as to how his team has screwed up in the same frigging way they always have like he's never seen it before, I'm going to have a stroke.

Reaction Score
Don't rush him back.

The defense is devoid of talented players and the offense has one amazing player who is getting triple-teamed.

And for all I hear about TOM COUGHLIN DISCIPLINE RAH RAH RAH they make the same procedural mistakes and dumb penalties every week, every year. If I see one more shot of Tom Coughlin livid and confused as to how his team has screwed up in the same frigging way they always have like he's never seen it before, I'm going to have a stroke.

You make a good point but here's the problem then and it's a coaching one. If they can triple team Beckham and hurt us then why does Julio kill us? On the other end if we are doubling and tripling Julio then how do they get the ball to him and we can't get it to Beckham? One touch in the 2nd half is BS with that weapon, be more creative, let him throw it or at least make a choice on a reverse - something. Your next head coach may be that same guy who has no idea how to get touched for a guy who torched them in the first half - how we feeling about that?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
You make a good point but here's the problem then and it's a coaching one. If they can triple team Beckham and hurt us then why does Julio kill us? On the other end if we are doubling and tripling Julio then how do they get the ball to him and we can't get it to Beckham? One touch in the 2nd half is BS with that weapon, be more creative, let him throw it or at least make a choice on a reverse - something. Your next head coach may be that same guy who has no idea how to get touched for a guy who torched them in the first half - how we feeling about that?

Everything about this team has been frustrating so far, but the lack of a 2nd receiver is monumental. The Falcons have a guy like Hankerson who can actually be productive off single coverage when Julio is doubled with a safety over top. The Cowboys (until Dez went down) have Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley.

The Giants? Reuben Randle - the supposed high talent receiver who probably can't read his way through a phone book - and Preston Parker. And you know when Parker gets the majority of looks, even after 5+ BIG drops on the year, your options are limited. They so desperately need Cruz back and healthy. They so desperately needed to keep James Jones ... a guy who despite his age can actually catch a ball and is at least physically imposing.

This team could be 2-0 in a tie for the division with a team who just lost its starting QB for 8-10 weeks. Not enough ughs available ...

Reaction Score
We'd actually be leading the entire division if we were 2-0. Anyways, I'm getting a feeling that Jerry Reese's days might need to come to a close soon. It just doesn't seem like he's really hit on his late round draft picks lately. The most successful teams are always picking up impact guys in the late rounds and turning them to starters that are contributing on their rookie contract. It seems like we have just been whiffing on a lot of these picks lately (possibly since his assistant Dave Gettleman left to be Panthers GM?). I get his reasoning about not re-signing certain highly paid veterans, but that is a philosophy that will only work if he's hitting on draft picks and getting the right guys into the camp. Our offensive line has really never been fixed since guys like Diehl, Snee, O'Hara have all left. Our defensive line isn't even close to as imposing as it was in previous years.

I also am thinking that some of Coughlin's message has to be getting old with a lot of the players. Since guys like Tuck and Osi left, the whole leadership dynamic has just felt off. Losing Rolle was another stupid mistake. It's clear we just need to find the right beast type of guy to anchor us. I would think Beason would have helped that a lot if he could stay healthy for a whole season.

The Giants still have an opportunity with the 0-2 Eagles, and now with the Cowboys without Romo and Dez for a while. The skins looked good yesterday, let's hope that's just a fluke. If the Giants don't fix this year and look like they're improving I think it might be time to blow this whole team up again. I hate to bet against some of these guys like Coughlin and Eli because they proved the doubters wrong and won us 2 Super Bowls, but this crap is getting old very fast.

Reaction Score
We'd actually be leading the entire division if we were 2-0. Anyways, I'm getting a feeling that Jerry Reese's days might need to come to a close soon. It just doesn't seem like he's really hit on his late round draft picks lately. The most successful teams are always picking up impact guys in the late rounds and turning them to starters that are contributing on their rookie contract. It seems like we have just been whiffing on a lot of these picks lately (possibly since his assistant Dave Gettleman left to be Panthers GM?). I get his reasoning about not re-signing certain highly paid veterans, but that is a philosophy that will only work if he's hitting on draft picks and getting the right guys into the camp. Our offensive line has really never been fixed since guys like Diehl, Snee, O'Hara have all left. Our defensive line isn't even close to as imposing as it was in previous years.

I also am thinking that some of Coughlin's message has to be getting old with a lot of the players. Since guys like Tuck and Osi left, the whole leadership dynamic has just felt off. Losing Rolle was another stupid mistake. It's clear we just need to find the right beast type of guy to anchor us. I would think Beason would have helped that a lot if he could stay healthy for a whole season.

The Giants still have an opportunity with the 0-2 Eagles, and now with the Cowboys without Romo and Dez for a while. The skins looked good yesterday, let's hope that's just a fluke. If the Giants don't fix this year and look like they're improving I think it might be time to blow this whole team up again. I hate to bet against some of these guys like Coughlin and Eli because they proved the doubters wrong and won us 2 Super Bowls, but this crap is getting old very fast.

yeah Reese has to go - check out the linebackers? Ugh - way too many over the middle passes because no one drifts into the right places for coverage. Just haven't had many good LB's for a while and that's on him. Keep getting the McClain's, Beasons (always hurt), Rivers and guys who could have been good but never were. Bad job there and bod job with pass rushers. He's on his way and the only saving of grace is Beckham.

Reaction Score
Tommy C's time is up, but by far the biggest problem is Reese. He has been abysmal in the draft and almost worse in FA.

There is no depth on the roster at any position. DRC goes out and we need to play Housley, a guy who should have been cut during the preseason. Guys like Parker, Unga, Casillas, Herzlich, and McBride should not be on NFL rosters yet they are getting meaningful snaps for us because Reese has put together a terrible roster. Dwayne Harris was paid over 3 mill a year and he cannot beat out Parker, its a joke.

Somehow they have dominated both games but in typical Giants fashion are 0-2.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I agree -- Reese is not doing a good job. He gets a pass from a lot of people because he does hit the lottery sometimes. But that's just not enough. His recent track record is poor, ODB notwithstanding.

Reaction Score
Not that it's an excuse, but I'm wondering if Coughlin is struggling with the rules of the new CBA also. I remember that he has a reputation of having one of the most grueling training camps, with 2-a-days, intense conditioning, etc. I'm wondering if part of the early struggles in recent years are partly stemming from the fact that he isn't able to get his players as much work as he'd like - they have huge restrictions on the number of practices and hours now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I wish the Eagles merely sucked.

This is embarrassing.
After gutting it out the past four season watching UConn football I never expected to see an OL that could be worse. I was wrong.

Reaction Score
Someone riddle me this: How can the Giants be defending on a 3rd down and long with 14 defensive backs, and have the wide receiver catch a ball with nobody around him?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Part of it is that Julio is better than Beckham right now. Julio and Antonio Brown are arguably the two best receivers in the game right now.

That said, the Giants didn't do enough to take away Jones. Sometimes they didn't do anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom