OT: Giants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Part of it is that Julio is better than Beckham right now. Julio and Antonio Brown are arguably the two best receivers in the game right now.

That said, the Giants didn't do enough to take away Jones. Sometimes they didn't do anything at all.

They did a good job containing him early in the game, holding him to short yardage gains. The problem w/ the Giants secondary right now is lack of depth and with all the injuries ... you start paying attention to guys like Julio Jones and guys like Leonard Hankerson burn you.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
you start paying attention to guys like Julio Jones and guys like Leonard Hankerson burn you.
I hear you, but paying attention to Julio Jones in the first instance might have been a good start.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Lay the two loses on Eli. Winning any game in the NFL is tough. You can not have your quarterback go brain dead(or chicken)in the red zone at the end of games.
For the past two weeks Manning was in scoring position and the play was to tuck the ball away and make whatever yards possible. He fumbled one time and tossed the ball out of bounds the other..
Is he afraid to take a hit?
The other guys are pros. They will make plays.
A QB can not screw up in these situations no matter what his teammates are doing.

Reaction Score
Preston Parker is released now, at least. Idk who will play in his place, but they can't be any worse than he was with his absolutely garbage drops in HUGE situations. Hopefully it's Cruz coming back soon.

Reaction Score
Preston Parker is released now, at least. Idk who will play in his place, but they can't be any worse than he was with his absolutely garbage drops in HUGE situations. Hopefully it's Cruz coming back soon.

The Giants desperately need Cruz back, maybe Geremy Davis will get some reps. Hakeem Nicks is still out there in FA which I can't believe his game really regressed since 2011.

Reaction Score
Lay the two loses on Eli. Winning any game in the NFL is tough. You can not have your quarterback go brain dead(or chicken)in the red zone at the end of games.
For the past two weeks Manning was in scoring position and the play was to tuck the ball away and make whatever yards possible. He fumbled one time and tossed the ball out of bounds the other..
Is he afraid to take a hit?
The other guys are pros. They will make plays.
A QB can not screw up in these situations no matter what his teammates are doing.

Wrong but nice try!

Reaction Score
There were a lot of things that happened, it's a team game after all. Preston Parker's drops (adios!), could have just run the ball more effectively, pressured the QB more, etc. But Eli's gaffes at the end of the game really could have ended up being the deciding factor in both games. QB's especially have been said to get most of the blame and most of the credit - they are the highest paid, they are supposed to be the leaders. I know it's awful timing with Eli signing that huge contract, but I'm hoping he owns these mistakes to the team and they move forward - I don't even care if anyone outside of the locker room hears about it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There were a lot of things that happened, it's a team game after all. Preston Parker's drops (adios!), could have just run the ball more effectively, pressured the QB more, etc. But Eli's gaffes at the end of the game really could have ended up being the deciding factor in both games. QB's especially have been said to get most of the blame and most of the credit - they are the highest paid, they are supposed to be the leaders. I know it's awful timing with Eli signing that huge contract, but I'm hoping he owns these mistakes to the team and they move forward - I don't even care if anyone outside of the locker room hears about it.

Everyone said Brady was done after the first 4 games last year...yeah, that was a great call. The Giants had more injuries than god last year. A bunch this year too. Way too early to write him off.

Reaction Score
Everyone said Brady was done after the first 4 games last year...yeah, that was a great call. The Giants had more injuries than god last year. A bunch this year too. Way too early to write him off.

Bad 4th Qtr's no doubt, unusual for him. But with a few less drops and a couple more 1st downs due to these both of those 4th Q's are forgotten. There's a reason Parker is not a Giant anymore!

Reaction Score

Oh believe me, I'm not writing off Eli at all. I'm just saying I hope he just owns the mistakes he made and moves on. I think he has an opportunity to do some big things this year, providing the offensive line can give him a little blocking in the run and pass game (and of course receivers catch balls that are thrown right into their hands). The entire team has a job to do.

Reaction Score
My guess is that if the Giant had played the Browns and Colts in their first two games they would have been 2-0. If the Jets had played the Cowboys (with Romo and Bryant) and the Falcons they would be 0-2. The Giants aren't as bad as they showed in their first two games and the Jets aren't as good. The Jets do have a chance for a playoff spot because they have the softest schedule in the NFL. Their main problem is they have a second string level QB starting.

Reaction Score
My guess is that if the Giant had played the Browns and Colts in their first two games they would have been 2-0. If the Jets had played the Cowboys (with Romo and Bryant) and the Falcons they would be 0-2. The Giants aren't as bad as they showed in their first two games and the Jets aren't as good. The Jets do have a chance for a playoff spot because they have the softest schedule in the NFL. Their main problem is they have a second string level QB starting.

I would love for the Giants to have the Jets defense are you kidding me.

Reaction Score
The Giants never make it easy, luckily the Skins are god awful.

Reaction Score
Eli was really good but he will get hurt this year when trying to throw log. They are throwing quick slants and outs and he's getting pressure, no time for the only ball hardly at all. And on the other end gus have time to grab a cocktail and an appetizer while looking for their receivers because the GMen have ZERO pass rush unless they blitz leaving the cupboard bare in theD- Backfield. It's a win I know but the Skins were brutal.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
OBJ is the only person on the team who can catch a football. Everyone else is a carousel of dropsies from the backs to the TE's to the other WR's.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
OBJ is the only person on the team who can catch a football. Everyone else is a carousel of dropsies from the backs to the TE's to the other WR's.

Randle had a nice bounce back game (although wtf with those onside gaffs). Not sure it means much though, last year he'd have himself a game and you'd think ... "ok, there's that kid from LSU" ... then it's right back to sleepy Rueben Randle:

RUEBENRANDLEARMY09150.JPG

Reaction Score
They're going to be in a lot of shootouts this year. When Cruz comes back, they'll have one of the best passing games in the league, but their secondary is a sieve.

Reaction Score

Fitzpatrick is ok he is a good game manager, he's better then Sanchez. Jets will have to have a 2000 Baltimore Raven type D to be a true contender though in the AFC. The Jets will have to win on D and running the ball, Brandon Marshall will help out their offense a lot.

Reaction Score
They're going to be in a lot of shootouts this year. When Cruz comes back, they'll have one of the best passing games in the league, but their secondary is a sieve.

I wouldn't say their whole secondary is a sieve. Their corners have been very good and Prince/DRC is probably a top 5 starting group in the league. Safeties need some work in coverage as do their linebackers.

Reaction Score
Kirk Cousins is horrendous, he had Jordan Reed wide open for two touchdowns but he seems to have even less arm strength than Peyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom