OT: Giants | Page 29 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
I’m a Giants fan, when the QB who has led us for the past 15 years has become mediocre, I start to get pretty annoyed, normal right? Nah, I guess I have to be content with 5 yard passes 90% of the time, negative mobility, and overall shotty (to say the least) decision making. When everyone who watches the sport besides a small, stubborn contingent of fans is saying the same, or similar thing, it’s probably mostly true. The line was pretty good this game, so you can’t blame them.
You're actually being really kind when you call him mediocre, he's one of the worst starting qb's in the league and has been the past couple of years. Don't let the completion % and lack of int's fool you. It's pretty damn easy to complete 4 yard screen passes but it's not a recipe to win NFL games.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I was listening to the post game in the car. By listening to Beckham you would have thought the Giants won. All he talked about was what a positive effect his comments during the week had on his team. It is part of him becoming a leader (his words).

Beckham is a flat out strange guy.

C

Chief00

He's not even mediocre, he's one of the worst starting qb's in the league and has been the past couple of years. Don't let the completion % and lack of int's fool you. It's pretty damn easy to complete 4 yard screen passes but it's not a recipe to win NFL games.
Agree.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Beckham has unique God given talents that potentially make him one of the greatest in history BUT the guy is a walking time bomb, to the point where I seriously think he is touched in the head
Glad he is a GMan.................I think.

C

Chief00

Beckham has unique God given talents that potentially make him one of the greatest in history BUT the guy is a walking time bomb, to the point where I seriously think he is touched in the head
Glad he is a GMan.......I think.

He needs a QB who can allow him to run the deep routes. These short passes create too much physical punishment for Becham.

Reaction Score
Glad he is a GMan.......I think.
If that’s what it takes for the offense to open up the playbook past page 1, i’m for it. Maybe not totally about the way he went about it, should keep most of that stuff in house, but it got peoples attention, and the offense did look better. We actually threw the ball 20+ yards down the field, nice to see again.

Reaction Score
If that’s what it takes for the offense to open up the playbook past page 1, i’m for it. Maybe not totally about the way he went about it, should keep most of that stuff in house, but it got peoples attention, and the offense did look better. We actually threw the ball 20+ yards down the field, nice to see again.
Most of the reason they were able to throw downfield today was this was the first game they had the time to. Was it because the o-line played better? Or was Carolina's pass rush bad? The future games will tell.

Reaction Score
Most of the reason they were able to throw downfield today was this was the first game they had the time to. Was it because the o-line played better? Or was Carolina's pass rush bad? The future games will tell.
That definitely played a role, but it was also a concerted effort to look downfield. It's not that receivers weren't open or Eli didn't have time, a lot of the time they were just checking down before anyone could get into their routes.

Reaction Score
On a day he leads the team down the field in the last two minutes for what should have been a great road win the Eli haters just can’t help themselves.

He’s past his prime sure - but with time to pass he can still be a quality QB.
In the final drive he went 75 yards in four plays that took about 60 seconds, including a great 40 yard pass to Shepard.

They lost today because of a freakish special teams TD, horrible officiating which will likely lead to an NFL apology and a ridiculous FG.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Eli isn't the worst QB in the league, but I think the biggest problem is we might not have the draft capital to move on next year. We didn't have to play the guy we could've drafted this year, but having a plan in place would've been nice.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
In the final drive he went 75 yards in four plays that took about 60 seconds, including a great 40 yard pass to Shepard.
Sure would be nice if he could do things similar to that before we're down. Or if he could do that more often in general.

Reaction Score
I mean I’ll settle for him doing it when the game is on the line like he did today but whatever floats your boat

Reaction Score
To those worried that we didn’t get a QB this past draft don’t worry we are going to have a top ten pick again this year - and we have Barkley who is a hell of a player

Reaction Score
To those worried that we didn’t get a QB this past draft don’t worry we are going to have a top ten pick again this year - and we have Barkley who is a hell of a player
This is the motivation between a lot of my disappointment in the Barkley pick. Even if we have a top 10 pick this draft is very weak in terms of QBs. Herbert probably goes top 10 and maybe top 5 just because he's a QB but there's nothing behind him if we miss on him

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This is the motivation between a lot of my disappointment in the Barkley pick. Even if we have a top 10 pick this draft is very weak in terms of QBs. Herbert probably goes top 10 and maybe top 5 just because he's a QB but there's nothing behind him if we miss on him

Last year was a very strong QB draft, they had 2 overall and used it on a beach house.

They're 4-18 in their last 22 games. Eli played 21 of them. C'mon. Its over.

Reaction Score
Last year was a very strong QB draft, they had 2 overall and used it on a beach house.

They're 4-18 in their last 22 games. Eli played 21 of them. C'mon. Its over.
This.

It's nuts, Eli never should have been QB even last year, to not have a plan in place was just prolonging the rebuild and then to be in position to snag a QB in a QB stacked class and instead opting for a luxury is just crazy. It doesn't matter how great Barkley is, it's a QB league and as you say they bought a beach house when they need an entire new roof on their house.

Reaction Score
I only caught 5 minuts of the game before I had to run off for my son's soccer game; but, man, that 15 yard flag on Collins (?) for hit to the head/roughness/pass interference/etc. was complete BS as all of the players were simply going for the ball. The Carolina reciever actually ran into him as the Giants DB had a better angle on the pass than he did.

As for the Giants overall, as long as they keep beating the Pats in the Super Bowl, I really don't care what else they do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Should/Should have gone after Bridgewater. May be in the minority but I think he can still be a good starting Quarterback.

Reaction Score
The pass rush was great? The defense in the first half? Kickoff out of bounds? But the officials cooked this game too.

Reaction Score
I’m a Giants fan, when the QB who has led us for the past 15 years has become mediocre, I start to get pretty annoyed, normal right? Nah, I guess I have to be content with 5 yard passes 90% of the time, negative mobility, and overall shotty (to say the least) decision making. When everyone who watches the sport besides a small, stubborn contingent of fans is saying the same, or similar thing, it’s probably mostly true. The line was pretty good this game, so you can’t blame them.

So was Eli.....hmmmm imagine the 2 working together more often? Had the lead with a minute left but it’s on Eli? Perfect

Reaction Score
Have they actually questioned whether the Panthers even made the 1st down prior to Newton spiking the ball? I mean that was too damn close to call without a review in the final minute, Giants may have held. I watched it and slowed it down a few times it was 50-50 so if the call on the field was first down then it would've been upheld.

Hey Giants aren't a good team but a win would've been nice. They got screwed didn't get a 50-50 call and refs missed a few they called in them.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That is why I posted this. I just thought it was strange that he seemed oblivious to the results of the game. It seemed like he was content on tooting his own horn.

Didn't even read all the quotes til now. But wow. He really is out there. And I don't generally hate on OBJ at all; I enjoy watching him play. Sounds like he think's he's the entire offense.

“I feel like I’m being out-schemed, and then I also don’t have a chance to, like, do something where I’ve got to take a slant and go 60. And not to say that’s not fun, but it’s like I want some easy touchdowns too. I watch everybody across the league. All the top receivers get the ball the way that they, you know, should. And if they don’t, they say something about it. … But, right now, I feel like I have to work entirely too hard.”

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Didn't even read all the quotes til now. But wow. He really is out there. And I don't generally hate on OBJ at all; I enjoy watching him play. Sounds like he think's he's the entire offense.

“I feel like I’m being out-schemed, and then I also don’t have a chance to, like, do something where I’ve got to take a slant and go 60. And not to say that’s not fun, but it’s like I want some easy touchdowns too. I watch everybody across the league. All the top receivers get the ball the way that they, you know, should. And if they don’t, they say something about it. … But, right now, I feel like I have to work entirely too hard.”
He’s out of his mind. All you have to do is watch him on the sidelines. He’s in his own world. Great talent but not right in the head.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom