OT: Geno Smith sucker punched by teammate - out 6-10 weeks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Geno Smith sucker punched by teammate - out 6-10 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is about what I expect in the NFL. Players acting like criminals. Check. Wife beating. Check. Unlawful use of firearms. Check. Drunken driving/ hit and run. Check. Non cooperation with coaching staff. Check. Traumatic brain injury. Check. Bankruptcy after 3 year career. Check.
America's most popular sport. Check.

Reaction Score
I'd pay good money to watch a video of the argument leading up to the fight, the punch, and the aftermath. Good money. How often can you see a guy making 1/2 million a year going all Rousey on a guy making 5 million a year for, apparently, a failure to pay back a loan? Gold Jerry. Gold!

Reaction Score
Imagine a fight and punch thrown in an NFL pre season camp? :rolleyes:

Only the Jets? No, only a Pats fan would say this.

I don't think it's the fight that is the stunning part so much as it is the starting quarterback being involved. Can you imagine this happening to Brady or Manning?

This type of stuff doesn't even happen in the movies. I love the Jets.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's the fight that is the stunning part so much as it is the starting quarterback being involved. Can you imagine this happening to Brady or Manning?

This type of stuff doesn't even happen in the movies. I love the Jets.

It wouldn't happen to Brady, Manning or Manning they are too well respected. And they never went to the movies instead of a team meeting.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable. This guy might have thrown his career away over $600

Adam Schefter
3 mins ·

Story behind the punch that broke Geno Smith's jaw in two places:
At the heart of the dispute between former Jets LB IK Enemkpali and quarterback Geno Smith is $600 that Enemkpali believed Smith owed him, per league sources. Enemkpali purchased a plane ticket for Smith to attend his July 11 football camp at Pfugerville High School in Pfugerville, Texas. However, days before the camp, a person close to Smith was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami and Smith did not attend Enemkpalis camp, per sources. After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase a plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he did not. Enkempali confronted Smith today about the money and the confrontation ended in a punch and broken jaw.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable. This guy might have thrown his career away over $600

Adam Schefter
3 mins ·

Story behind the punch that broke Geno Smith's jaw in two places:
At the heart of the dispute between former Jets LB IK Enemkpali and quarterback Geno Smith is $600 that Enemkpali believed Smith owed him, per league sources. Enemkpali purchased a plane ticket for Smith to attend his July 11 football camp at Pfugerville High School in Pfugerville, Texas. However, days before the camp, a person close to Smith was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami and Smith did not attend Enemkpalis camp, per sources. After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase a plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he did not. Enkempali confronted Smith today about the money and the confrontation ended in a punch and broken jaw.

Smart guy huh? Gonna cost him a lot more than that plane ticket now.

Reaction Score
Jesus, and it looked like the Jets could've been a contender this year.

But then again, and since I'm not a Jet fan I need to ask, how much was he expected to play this year? He was god-awful last year.
The guy that threw the punch must have been thinking the same thing, "I could have been a contender!" Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Took him 9 months
How many times will some joke about IK hitting QBs when it's realized that the Jets' defense is historically bad?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is it a sucker punch when the other guy throws first?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Thank god they have a terrible backup quarterback to replace their terrible injured quarterback. Very rarely can I say thank God I am a bills fan.

Reaction Score
Thank god they have a terrible backup quarterback to replace their terrible injured quarterback. Very rarely can I say thank God I am a bills fan.

The Bills might have the worst quarterback situation in the league.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Beautiful , Pristine and superior ignorance. Plain and simple. The NFL has to have a set amount of Dumb, ignorant incidents in order to sustain itself nowadays. These are just the necessary rituals of stupidity that generate the necessary negative attention needed to provide and balance out the Mojo that is vital to an NFL season . It's complicated.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Beautiful , Pristine and superior ignorance. Plain and simple. The NFL has to have a set amount of Dumb, ignorant incidents in order to sustain itself nowadays. These are just the necessary rituals of stupidity that generate the necessary negative attention needed to provide and balance out the Mojo that is vital to an NFL season . It's complicated.
Yet, come September 10, most the vast majority of the sports viewing country will be watching. Heck, the Hall-of-Fame game drew a higher rating than any single Stanley Cup Final game or NBA final game and drew more wagers than all 15 baseball games combined that day.

Think about that. It was an exhibition football game!!!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Imagine a fight and punch thrown in an NFL pre season camp? :rolleyes:

Only the Jets? No, only a Pats fan would say this.
I am the proud owner of an Odell Beckham Jr jersey. I could care less about the egotistical, bandwagon, pats fans. That being said, they're not the only fans that find this tt hilarious

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Boomer with the hot take:

Well someone from the Jets organization should've slugged him back in the day for taking their money and stinking out the joint when he played for them.

Shaddap, Boomer...

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
ur5Tvyi.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Saw that somewhere and was going to post, but forgot. That's one of my favs. That actor might even be better than the stable of the Jets QBs.

This is also SO Jets:

Screen-Shot-2015-08-11-at-3.00.40-PM.png

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The Bills might have the worst quarterback situation in the league.
Could have said the same thing last year and they almost made the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Its never good to owe somone money who is bigger and stronger than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom