OT: Geno Smith sucker punched by teammate - out 6-10 weeks | The Boneyard

OT: Geno Smith sucker punched by teammate - out 6-10 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Congrats to all of you Jets fans.

The NFL is the biggest collection of idiots and thugs it's unreal.

Reaction Score
A clown show of an organization and it comes from the top but does this make them worse on Week One? I don't think so.

Reaction Score
From back in December.

256bgc3.jpg

Reaction Score
Jesus, and it looked like the Jets could've been a contender this year.

But then again, and since I'm not a Jet fan I need to ask, how much was he expected to play this year? He was god-awful last year.

Reaction Score
For a split second after skimming the thread title I thought our own Geno A had been hit.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
It was a punch. Relax.
So he's not an idiot? I am relaxed. I couldn't care less about Geno Smith. I'm just saying NFL players exhibit the worst decision making.

Reaction Score

But then again, and since I'm not a Jet fan I need to ask, how much was he expected to play this year? He was god-awful last year.

He was the presumptive starter after exhibiting significant improvement last season. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Beyond that, is there any other team this could have been? Maybe the Raiders, but the Jets really seem like the most 'shoot themselves in the foot' team in the league.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He was the presumptive starter after exhibiting significant improvement last season. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Beyond that, is there any other team this could have been? Maybe the Raiders, but the Jets really seem like the most 'shoot themselves in the foot' team in the league.
Cut to Washington going, "Hey, what about us?"

Reaction Score

Haha, in what world were the Jets a possible contender?

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
RipCity said:
So he's not an idiot? I am relaxed. I couldn't care less about Geno Smith. I'm just saying NFL players exhibit the worst decision making.

You're not wrong. Bowles was actually just praised the other day for condemning fighting/scrapping in training camp. Can't tell whether BigErn is on a soap box or a high chair. Either way, the shtick is getting very repetitive.

Reaction Score
You're not wrong. Bowles was actually just praised the other day for condemning fighting/scrapping in training camp. Can't tell whether BigErn is on a soap box or a high chair. Either way, the shtick is getting very repetitive.

Well, obviously those statements resonated with his players, so good for him.

NFL players have the lowest arrest rates of the three major American sports.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Well, obviously those statements resonated with his players, so good for him.

NFL players have the lowest arrest rates of the three major American sports.

That's quite the straw man argument you raise. I'd be surprised if IK was arrested for this and even if what you said is true (Baseball and basketball players are bigger idiots), that doesn't discount the fact that NFL players could still be idiots. This guy just lost his temper and his job by sucker punching his QB over a non-football related argument. JPP just blew off his fingers and that may have cost him millions. Sheldon Richardson violated the drug policy then raced 143mph on the highway in a Bentley with a loaded gun and a 12 year old. There are too many examples across all sports of kids behaving incredibly irrationally. "Just a punch" smh. Guessing Ray Rice's conduct was "just a slap."

And clearly, the statements did not completely resonate, which is emblematic of a larger problem. Rex Ryan previously encouraged his players to scrap in the name of "toughness" during training camp. That was even highlighted on Hard Knocks. I'm not surprised then that some kids can't separate the playing field from the locker room from the family room.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
the Jets really seem like the most 'shoot themselves in the foot' team in the league.
Paging CallMeBruce, Mr. Burress on line one. Mr. Plaxico Burress on line one for you, sir.

Oh, sorry, that was a thigh. My bad.

(I'm a Giants fan--just couldn't resist the obvious reference)

Reaction Score
Imagine a fight and punch thrown in an NFL pre season camp? :rolleyes:

Only the Jets? No, only a Pats fan would say this.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
He'll be fine and back soon. And the latest is Geno through the first punch but it was a couple of yards short.

As read from Twitter by Evan Roberts earlier today.

As well as a bunch of Nyet fans I heard on FAN earlier today.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

How often does the starting QB get knocked out 10 wks via sucker punch by his own teammate? Has it ever happened before? This was not just 'a fight/punch'. Imagine if Geno was actually any good.

Reaction Score

Well you hear about fights all the time but it's very unusual for the starting QB to be out 6-10 weeks for a broken draw. And these fights aren't usually about the QB owing money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom