OT: Florence (Hurricane) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Florence (Hurricane)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just like a woman..... Florence cant make up her mind where she wants to go. ;):mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::rolleyes:

View attachment 34331
Once again while watching this I come away impressed with George's stellar reflexes. No wonder he was able to dodge all the slings and arrow thrown his way while in office.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Hhhhmmmmm....

c312ea264590fff5b062a63b1b0b7c75.jpg

I look at the house on the right and Sam Kinison comes to mind:

I don't have to re-watch the Kinison again. "Go where the food is", "I'll bet the camera man could've given them a sandwich", "Get all your stuff, we'll load up the truck, we'll make one trip. We'll take you where the food is", "See this? This is sand. You know what this is going to be in a thousand years? It's Going To Be Sand!!!! Nothing grows here. Nothing gonna grow here".

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
All of my hopes go out to these folk who are under the gun while facing another "Storm of a lifetime" hitting our coastline. I hope you're prepared, hunkered down, and/or somewhere further inland. I've all my appendages crossed for y'all.

The hyperbole is bothersome to me because when it doesn't turn out to be as strong as predicted, people on the coast are less likely to evacuate when there is an even greater threat.

Reaction Score
I don't have to re-watch the Kinison again. "Go where the food is", "I'll bet the camera man could've given them a sandwich", "Get all your stuff, we'll load up the truck, we'll make one trip. We'll take you where the food is", "See this? This is sand. You know what's this is going to be in a thousand years? It's Going To Be Sand!!!! Nothing grows here. Nothing gonna grow here".
Loved it! ("You don't need a care package - you need a U-HAUL!")

Sam said his father was a preacher, and he thought if he had become a preacher his sermon would go something like this: "I am from the church of Hell. In one year you will wear my mark, YOU WILL WEAR MY MARK!!!"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Red and Moms Mabley, cut from the same cloth. @Jordy this is for you in the Spam, music, etc. vein:

Remarkable life. They say the best humor comes out of pain. Something to that.

Meanwhile the storm surge is starting to do its dirty work.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Red and Moms Mabley, cut from the same cloth. @Jordy this is for you in the Spam, music, etc. vein:

Remarkable life. They say the best humor comes out of pain. Something to that.

Meanwhile the storm surge is starting to do its dirty work.

Moms Mabley. "My husband is old as water and twice as weak."

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was driving past the convention center/hotel here Wednesday night, and saw plenty of power crew trucks parked in the hotel parking lot just waiting to be called into action. Here is a pic of some of the Electrical Crews from out of state staged in the parking lot at the Mall across from the hotel.

staging.jpg

Reaction Score
I was driving past the convention center/hotel here Wednesday night, and saw plenty of power crew trucks parked in the hotel parking lot just waiting to be called into action. Here is a pic of some of the Electrical Crews from out of state staged in the parking lot at the Mall across from the hotel.

View attachment 34371

gotta start getting those power lines underground..............our infrastructure in most of the country is 50+ years old and counting..........what a mess

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yes, agreed @Charliebball , but we seem to forget basic infrastructure and go for multibillions underground supercommutter trains and similar boon doggles. Would you want Elon Musk overseeing that! There is another thing that cannot be buried, but ...

Reaction Score
Yes, agreed @Charliebball , but we seem to forget basic infrastructure and go for multibillions underground supercommutter trains and similar boon doggles. Would you want Elon Musk overseeing that! There is another thing that cannot be buried, but ...

agreed..............I live in northern NJ and my power goes out on a monthly basis during any kind of rain storm, ice storm, car accident taking down poles/power lines etc...............only the fanciest newly constructed neighborhoods have eliminated overhead power lines.............it's like we're living in an underdeveloped country.............we've invested in a nice generator which can be a bit inconvenient and I'm sure glad we did...........

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
agreed....I live in northern NJ and my power goes out on a monthly basis during any kind of rain storm, ice storm, car accident taking down poles/power lines etc.....only the fanciest newly constructed neighborhoods have eliminated overhead power lines...it's like we're living in an underdeveloped country...we've invested in a nice generator which can be a bit inconvenient and I'm sure glad we did......

When we lived in Fairfield Cty, CT we had a behemoth generator that ran about 6 circuits; they are much better now, but yes it allowed peace of mind for the all to frequent power outages.

Reaction Score
When we lived in Fairfield Cty, CT we had a behemoth generator that ran about 6 circuits; they are much better now, but yes it allowed peace of mind for the all to frequent power outages.

mine runs everything in the house but staggers a bit with the A/C on.....................wanted to get one of those whole house natural gas operated generators but didn't think it was worth the $10K investment..................starting to have second thoughts about that.............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom