OT: First date prior to Butler game | The Boneyard

OT: First date prior to Butler game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Salute is the answer if you can get a reservation (call asap). Trumbull Kitchen and Agave are the backup plans.

As someone whose first date with my now wife of 16 years was going to an NIT game at Gampel, I can attest that attending a UConn game together is the correct way to start a relationship.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I went to Salute with my wife before our first date at a game at XL. I already knew her through my sister-in-law... it might be a little intimate if you don't know this person at all.

No idea how this woman decided to go on a second date with me. She hates basketball and I'm pretty sure I dropped a number of hard f-bombs.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Depends on who’s paying. Go somewhere nice if she’s flipping the bill, a mediocre establishment if you’re going halfsies, and maybe a food cart if you’re paying. Never impress them too much on the first date or they’ll always expect it. Words to live by.

Reaction Score
Depends on who’s paying. Go somewhere nice if she’s flipping the bill, a mediocre establishment if you’re going halfsies, and maybe a food cart if you’re paying. Never impress them too much on the first date or they’ll always expect it. Words to live by.
You've taken the part in bold a little too serious with your Boneyard post history

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Suggestions where to pregame in Hartford. A bite and some drinks, hopefully within walking distance to the XL.
First thing you need to do is find out what is her favorite kind of food - then start looking for places to eat.

And nobody asked, but I will. Why is your first date so far in the future? I haven't dated in a long long time, but a first date was always just a couple days in the future at most.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I went to Salute with my wife before our first date at a game at XL. I already knew her through my sister-in-law... it might be a little intimate if you don't know this person at all.

No idea how this woman decided to go on a second date with me. She hates basketball and I'm pretty sure I dropped a number of hard f-bombs.
She saw you at your worst lol

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Black Eyed Sally’s. I’m a proponent of eating at places you’d eat otherwise. Need to find out if you have anything in common. That‘s best done in a more casual setting, beer not wine. Fancy restaurants are for later in the relationship.

Reaction Score

What kind of dillweed doesn’t pick up the tab on a first date?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
What kind of dillweed doesn’t pick up the tab on a first date?
I go on first dates quite often. We often negotiate beforehand on how “we” will pay for the date. Most of the time 50/50 is fine but if a woman offers, then who are we to say no. This isn’t the Stone Age, equality is prevalent and preferable now.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
lol. How many get a call 1/2 hour into dinner, and has to leave because an emergency at home?
I’m not entirely sure why I go on many first dates but not 2nd dates but when they do leave early they always apologize and usually offer to pay so it actually benefits me in the long run.

Reaction Score
Showing my age, I will refer you to this advice......

"When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV".

Reaction Score
Sit down dinner is a bit too stiff for a first date. Get drinks at a non-dive bar, head to the game and have fun.
When I was dating a lot, almost every single person that agreed on "drinks" immediately grabbed a table in the dining area and asked for a dinner menu. It was the most bizarre thing I experienced when I was dating frequently. The first couple times I thought it was a weird coincidence or miscommunication but it happened 90% of the time.

Unsurprisingly I ended up dating one of the few people who just got drinks. And the only dates that resulted in a second were people who knew that drinks didn't include dinner.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
When I was dating a lot, almost every single person that agreed on "drinks" immediately grabbed a table in the dining area and asked for a dinner menu. It was the most bizarre thing I experienced when I was dating frequently. The first couple times I thought it was a weird coincidence or miscommunication but it happened 90% of the time.

Unsurprisingly I ended up dating one of the few people who just got drinks. And the only dates that resulted in a second were people who knew that drinks didn't include dinner.

That's poor form by them! On occasion drinks would lead to small bites at the bar, but to brazenly just grab a dinner menu - c'mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom