OT: First date prior to Butler game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: First date prior to Butler game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's poor form by them! On occasion drinks would lead to small bites at the bar, but to brazenly just grab a dinner menu - c'mon.
It was so weird. I started pushing date times out later and later to avoid it and it still happened. I started having bets with friends about it.

It drove me nuts because I didn't want to be committed to anything beyond an hour and some conversation. It's one thing to start at the bar, enjoy the night and then move to a booth and split an appetizer. That I get. Dinner is awkward to leave. Maybe that was the point lol. Or people looking for free meals.

Reaction Score
It was so weird. I started pushing date times out later and later to avoid it and it still happened. I started having bets with friends about it.

It drove me nuts because I didn't want to be committed to anything beyond an hour and some conversation. It's one thing to start at the bar, enjoy the night and then move to a booth and split an appetizer. That I get. Dinner is awkward to leave. Maybe that was the point lol. Or people looking for free meals.

There's a certain kind of woman who goes on dates for free food. It's bizarre. And 80% of the time their pictures are 4+ years and 3 sizes old, with dubious hygeine.

Reaction Score
There's a certain kind of woman who goes on dates for free food. It's bizarre. And 80% of the time their pictures are 4+ years and 3 sizes old, with dubious hygeine.
I can tell you that this was not gender specific.

The only conclusions I could come to were that people have wildly different expectations of what drinks means, they got burned by "just drinks" in the past, they couldn't plan their day out correctly and were just hungry, or they were really excited for the date and wanted to keep me there longer.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I hope she loves the Huskies as much as we do but usually on a first date all the attention should be directed at your date not the refs blowing calls & you complaining, thats for the second date

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I’m not entirely sure why I go on many first dates but not 2nd dates but when they do leave early they always apologize and usually offer to pay so it actually benefits me in the long run.

You may have stumbled onto something. Hungry men tanking a first date just to get a free meal. Maybe a sign in the men's room saying, "Forget your wallet? Tank the date. She'll pay just to get away from you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m not entirely sure why I go on many first dates but not 2nd dates but when they do leave early they always apologize and usually offer to pay so it actually benefits me in the long run.
Try paying randomly & see if the propensity for 2nd dates increases. Negotiating who pays is real starting off on wrong foot, don’t discuss anymore try to pay IF you like her and refuse help. If you don’t like her there suggest split.

For 2nd date, I called my wife at 9:30 on a Saturday and apologized for last minute but asked if she wanted to go to noon UConn at BC (we both lived 10 minutes away). She said; “I love college basketball yes” And in many ways the date hasnt ended. That was 1998.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom