OT: Fighting a parking ticket I never received | The Boneyard

OT: Fighting a parking ticket I never received

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last fall I received a $90 delinquency notice from the City of New Britain. It tripled a $30 ticket that was allegedly issued in June. I was shocked since I never received the ticket in the first place.

I am now scheduled for a hearing on March 30th. Any advice on fighting a parking ticket that I never received?

On the plus side, I will get to go to Capital Lunch for the first time in about 30 years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I got a parking ticket that I didn't recognize once, but found our my wife was the culprit. Other than that tidbit, I can't really help you that much.

Reaction Score
Write a check for $90 and mail it to the City of New Britain.
Seconded, unless you are dead broke or you're retired or have a lot of extra time in life. Probably the best you can do is get the late fees dropped, while wasting an hour or two.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Last fall I received a $90 delinquency notice from the City of New Britain. It tripled a $30 ticket that was allegedly issued in June. I was shocked since I never received the ticket in the first place.

I am now scheduled for a hearing on March 30th. Any advice on fighting a parking ticket that I never received?

On the plus side, I will get to go to Capital Lunch for the first time in about 30 years.

Blame it on Kitaman's wife.

Reaction Score
I put your odds of winning that fight at 0%. Otherwise every idiot and their brother would walk into the courthouse claiming they never got the ticket. As others have said, best case scenario is they remove part or all of the late fee. Up to you if that's really worth the time and effort.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Yes.

Write a check for $90 and mail it to the City of New Britain.
Can't stop laughing. Two reasons. 1) It was funny and 2) A couple of weeks ago I was framed for a speeding ticket here in PA. Officer told me it was not a speeding ticket.
It was an "Failure to Obey Posted Sign" Meaning I was not obedient. No points. Still to the tune of $170.00. He was a nice guy, not professional, just a nice guy. LOL
I just paid the man.

Reaction Score
If I had gotten the parking ticket, I would have paid it. The fact that they tripled it without me even getting the ticket is why I am fighting it. My guess is that I will pay the $30 just to be done with it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If I had gotten the parking ticket, I would have paid it. The fact that they tripled it without me even getting the ticket is why I am fighting it. My guess is that I will pay the $30 just to be done with it.
I had the late charges removed for a New Haven parking ticket under those exact circumstances. I had to go to the "hearing," which for me was simply a walk up the street from my office on the assigned date. I explained and they removed the late fees, and I paid the original ticket right there.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Know any round these parts?

In the 'Yard? Nah...lol. But they are all too high powered to deal with an issue like this.

Go white collar, OP. Maybe some embezzlement or something.

Reaction Score
In the 'Yard? Nah...lol. But they are all too high powered to deal with an issue like this.

Go white collar, OP. Maybe some embezzlement or something.
Eat the commie sandwich.

Just trying to stay in shape for next year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Your best shot would have been to call the clerk of the court and ask her to drop the late fees as soon as you got the ticket. If you can show that you and your vehicle were elsewhere, you can beat it. If you can figure out who the prosecutor is before trial (ask a officer) go up and see if you can cut a deal beforehand. It will improve your odds a bit.

Did you check the description of your vehicle? If the ticket is in error, that shouldn't match your car. If it is wrong, you may well prevail.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My middle son and a buddy were heading to Florida for college, on 95, in Dodge Charger( think General Lee) when they were caught speeding. Officer told them that 95 was the route number not the speed limit, pay me now. Which they did, it was not cheap but I don't think it ever went on his record.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I tend to fight every ticket I ever get and end up winning a bunch. But I have a problem with authority. It's a colossal waste of time really. Then again, so is posting on here.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just how many tickets do you get? Sounds like a career criminal to me.

A bit criminal at best, more of a part time gig. But I live and drive in Boston. Anyone familiar with that understands it's (metaphorically) like trying to hide from the Nazis. You poke one toe out, and they got ya.

Also, I sometimes drive fast.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I got a ticket at that silly workday afternoon Central game because the meter was defective. I protested online and won. So it does happen.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
A bit criminal at best, more of a part time gig. But I live and drive in Boston. Anyone familiar with that understands it's (metaphorically) like trying to hide from the Nazis. You poke one toe out, and they got ya.

Also, I sometimes drive fast.
I feel for you brother. Peace be with you. I spent a year one day trying to escape Beantown during rush hour. BTW, isn't "rush hour" the most inaccurate phrase in the English language?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
No. "Near miss" is. As in two planes that come close to each other. It wasn't a "near miss," it was a "near hit." G.Carlin.

Dunno, ever see a car actually rush during rush hour? I call it "slow hour." While we're at it, what's the difference between "slow up" and "slow down"?

Reaction Score
Back in the fall, some friends & I went out to the bars in New Brit'ski. We were a lil toasty coming out afterwards. Some of them thought it would be funny to remove parking tickets from cars on the street & tear them up. What kind of car do you drive? I'll ask my friends if they remember the model... And have them pay the ticket. It was was probably Mauconn....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom