OT: Fighting a parking ticket I never received | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Fighting a parking ticket I never received

Status
Not open for further replies.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I feel for you brother. Peace be with you. I spent a year one day trying to escape Beantown during rush hour. BTW, isn't "rush hour" the most inaccurate phrase in the English language?

As any vet will tell you - Hurry Up and Wait is the modus operandi of all the boot camps. You run here, you run there, and wherever it is you are running to, you wait. But like all things in boot, there's a hidden agenda, and underlying lesson to learn. (For me was find a job that allows telecommuting. Still haven't found it.)

Reaction Score
Last fall I received a $90 delinquency notice from the City of New Britain. It tripled a $30 ticket that was allegedly issued in June. I was shocked since I never received the ticket in the first place.

I am now scheduled for a hearing on March 30th. Any advice on fighting a parking ticket that I never received?

On the plus side, I will get to go to Capital Lunch for the first time in about 30 years.
You gotta go into the hearing and let them know who's the boss. In a loud and authorative voice (yelling) let them know YOU AIN'T PAYIN NO. F. U C. KIN TICKET and they CAN KISS YOUR AND STICK THAT TICKET WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE. You will get definite results. Do not take any from those people, you need to let them know who's in charge. Also, if the judge is female, it helps to call her baby or honey. That always helps. Good luck!

Reaction Score
I can answer that. They tow your car. Happened to me in new haven

highly unusual for only 1 unpaid ticket. Possibly if many have been accumulated.

Unpaid parking tickets can no longer be reported by credit agencies

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Why not just continue to ignore the ticket like you did originally? Then, report back to us -- I want to know what the max is that it can climb to.
This is serious. The max is that you can literally be shot down in the street.
Eventually, they will suspend your license and impose a huge fine. When a cop eventually pulls you over, his computer says driving while under suspension. If anything else pops up, especially anything violent(assault, domestic abuse, felony), the cop is approaching you with caution meaning he probably has unbutton his gun and has a hand on it.
Pay the ticket after talking to the D.A..

Reaction Score
Seconded, unless you are dead broke or you're retired or have a lot of extra time in life. Probably the best you can do is get the late fees dropped, while wasting an hour or two.
Yup, that is the normal trade off. Spend an hour or 2 and get it reduced to $30 or save the time and pay the $90.00.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
was it your car, whcih street... did you feed the meter. If its your ticket be happy to pay just the original fee

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I can answer that. They tow your car. Happened to me in new haven
Same here. Booted one time; towed another. That was like 20 years ago. Haven't ignored a CT parking ticket since.

Reaction Score
I can't believe someone would come on here for anything even resembling legal advice.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Last fall I received a $90 delinquency notice from the City of New Britain. It tripled a $30 ticket that was allegedly issued in June. I was shocked since I never received the ticket in the first place.

I am now scheduled for a hearing on March 30th. Any advice on fighting a parking ticket that I never received?

On the plus side, I will get to go to Capital Lunch for the first time in about 30 years.
Unless you can definitively prove you and your car were not at the location where the parking ticket was issued you have no case.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I can't believe someone would come on here for anything even resembling legal advice.
Meh, it's more practical advice than anything. Unless you know someone from New Britain to ask, I can't imagine a better forum to get a survey of opinions of varying value--mostly known by considering the source--and an occasional belly laugh.

It's a $90 problem and I think he got a pretty good consensus on the opportunity cost that he can apply to his own situation, depending on whether he values his time more (like Fishy and Taste), or if he's a constitutionally-challenged lunkhead like intlz and me, who likes to fight things, and will in any event declare victory for the chance to turn it into an adventure by checking Capital Lunch off his hot dog list.

Hell, I spent $100 on a meat thermometer yesterday based solely on one recommendation on this board, and I couldn't be more confident in the economy, reliability and efficiency of that decision.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Hell, I spent $100 on a meat thermometer yesterday based solely on one recommendation on this board, and I couldn't be more confident in the economy, reliability and efficiency of that decision.

It's a really, really great meat thermometer.I'm a great negotiator. You made an excellent deal. Dial thermometers? They're for losers. We sat down and picked a winner. Because thats what I do; I win. We are going to make steaks great again. We are going to have so many great steaks we are going to be tired of great steaks.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You gotta go into the hearing and let them know who's the boss. In a loud and authorative voice (yelling) let them know YOU AIN'T PAYIN NO. F. U C. KIN TICKET and they CAN KISS YOUR AND STICK THAT TICKET WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE. You will get definite results. Do not take any from those people, you need to let them know who's in charge. Also, if the judge is female, it helps to call her baby or honey. That always helps. Good luck!
No don't. This is a bad idea, especially if it is a female judge. You should refer to the judge as your honor, judge or mam, as in:

"Your honor, this is all bullcrap. I'm telling you judge, I wasn't even there. Look mam, if you cut me a break here, I'm not saying I'll throw some wood your way, but I'm not saying I won't, if you catch my drift."

Good luck.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Meh, it's more practical advice than anything. Unless you know someone from New Britain to ask, I can't imagine a better forum to get a survey of opinions of varying value--mostly known by considering the source--and an occasional belly laugh.

It's a $90 problem and I think he got a pretty good consensus on the opportunity cost that he can apply to his own situation, depending on whether he values his time more (like Fishy and Taste), or if he's a constitutionally-challenged lunkhead like intlz and me, who likes to fight things, and will in any event declare victory for the chance to turn it into an adventure by checking Capital Lunch off his hot dog list.

Well if your meat ends up undercooked we can proudly proclaim once again the Boneyard gave someone a raw deal.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Now I now you are lying. Driving fast in Boston is impossible. My 12 mile commute from Weymouth was two hours every morning

Hahah. Fortunately, I don't have to face rush hour in Boston. Just the all day parking dance. I drive to Western Mass a few times a month to see an elderly parent. I speed on the highway. Throw in a bunch of 3+ hour snowboarding trips a year, and you can do some real damage on your wallet.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
depending on whether he values his time more (like Fishy and Taste), or if he's a constitutionally-challenged lunkhead great american hero and genius like intlz and me, who likes to fight things, and will in any event declare victory for the chance to turn it into an adventure by checking Capital Lunch off his hot dog list.

ftfy

Reaction Score
A bit criminal at best, more of a part time gig. But I live and drive in Boston. Anyone familiar with that understands it's (metaphorically) like trying to hide from the Nazis. You poke one toe out, and they got ya.

Also, I sometimes drive fast.
I disagree, my first 10+ years of driving in Ffld County I got about 6 tickets, just two so far (knock wood, one dropped can't remember about other) in 20+ years in and around Boston. I feel like everyone drives fast and pushes the rules in Boston so you really have to do something flagrant to get tagged. Burbs a slightly different story but still nothing compared to Ffld county.
Edit since your subsequent hwy details, that's gotta be doing 80+ to get pulled on MA Pike.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

For the amount of lawyers in the NE area on this board, he's probably come to the right place.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I disagree, my first 10+ years of driving in Ffld County I got about 6 tickets, just two so far (knock wood, one dropped can't remember about other) in 20+ years in and around Boston. I feel like everyone drives fast and pushes the rules in Boston so you really have to do something flagrant to get tagged. Burbs a slightly different story but still nothing compared to Ffld county.
Edit since your subsequent hwy details, that's gotta be doing 80+ to get pulled on MA Pike.

Boston is for parking tickets. MA highways, especially I-90 is for speeding tickets. Only speeding ticket I got in Boston was on the J-way. That's patrolled by Staties though.

Reaction Score
Boston is for parking tickets. MA highways, especially I-90 is for speeding tickets. Only speeding ticket I got in Boston was on the J-way. That's patrolled by Staties though.
Gotcha, yes pretty much anything more than 5 minutes over at a meter and they will get you & likewise the city cops are the one's that don't have time for traffic scofflaws. Gotta slow down in NHampshire too!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
As someone who deals with this kind of stuff every day, I have two pieces of advice:

1. Don't listen to anyone in this thread telling you to talk to the court. Regular city parking tickets have nothing to do with the court system. They go through the individual towns.

2. Do not listen to anyone in this thread telling you that unanswered town or city parking tickets suspend your license. That is fallacy.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
As someone who actually knows about this kind of stuff, I have two pieces of advice:

1. Don't listen to anyone in this thread telling you to talk to the court. Regular city parking tickets have nothing to do with the court system. They go through the individual towns.

2. Do not listen to anyone in this thread telling you that unanswered town or city parking tickets suspend your license. That is fallacy.

In MA, they wouldn't allow my dad to renew his license/registration until he paid his parking ticket (that he didn't know he had). That's the only thing I've heard about it.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

Never give free legal advice. Might discount some here based on most hated rival and best pizza preferences.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
In MA, they wouldn't allow my dad to renew his license/registration until he paid his parking ticket (that he didn't know he had). That's the only thing I've heard about it.

Different state. I should have said in Connecticut it doesn't susepend your license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom