OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 20 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wow, so much to say.

1. This definitely makes Ollie look good. And, if this explodes, I will admit that he was right to stay clean. I will repeat something I was told by someone close to the program. KO is neither willing nor able to do what he needs to do to get some of the recruits we lost.
2. As opposed to what some of the dooches on this board believe, I have NEVER said that every recruit we lost was due to cheating. However, I have long said that we have lost a lot of kids due to cheating and the instances were all obvious to anyone that didn't have their head buried in the sand. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it is probably a duck.
3. This isn't done yet. Don't believe that what we know is everything that is to be known. People will come forward and this will evolve and expand. The FBI is counting on it.
4. That the NCAA wasn't involved is VERY telling. Emmert is about to be violated by karma.
You conveniently left out your criticism of KO for not cheating and argued we should can him unless he did. Tricky dicky Ricky has nothing on you in the spin department.

And you have the mendacity to call some people dooches.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing they're never going to touch college football
Yep
I read somewhere that Alabama football generates $500,000,ooo annually to the state.
Even if it’s a fraction of that it’s importance to the state is huge.
Big time college football is too big to fail
While it’s little brother basketball is a perfect whipping boy.

Reaction Score
kMbzWmD.jpg

Reaction Score
Also, Louisville and Miami are recruiting a ton of the same kids for the class of 2019, including the one who was referenced in the Vegas hotel room.
As I suspected...

UPDATE: Player-11 is likely five-star center Balsa Koprivica, ranked #7 in the 2019 class. He plays for Brad Augustine’s AAU team, 1 Family, which is sponsored by — you guessed it — adidas.

Reaction Score
You conveniently left out your criticism of KO for not cheating and argued we should can him unless he did. Tricky dicky Ricky has nothing on you in the spin department.

And you have the mendacity to call some people dooches.
What part of, "I will admit that he was right to stay clean" did you not understand? Someone who has parsed my words so much for so long should not need help figuring out that is what I was talking about. Jesus, man, what happened to you?! You used to be the voice of reason here.

And, for the record, I said that because I knew we were losing quite a few recruits because of this crap (dooches didn't) but had lost faith that these guys would ever get caught. And, if it were up to the NCAA, they wouldn't have. I didn't see the FBI getting involved. I got to the point where I felt it was time to level the playing field...time to fight fire with fire, so to speak. I'm glad he didn't.

Last edited:

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
This is probably what will happen, but, in a pollyanna world, this should be the end of Pitino as a public figure. No TV gig, no D1 P5 coaching jobs, just retire and step out of the public eye. He's too toxic to put out there as an "expert analyst" or to trust that he'll follow the rules with another basketball program.
I’d like to believe that but he just a game picker guest on ESPN college football game day after being on probation for the hooker issue. I couldn’t believe it.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
20 pages on the biggest scandal in forever and not a peep from Chief. Normally a Chief-free thread is refreshing but his silence on this is deafening. Or maybe he was driving the bookmobile for KO and the guys today. Reading is fundamental.

Reaction Score
This is from another board that I spend time on from a guy that I believe has been involved in Florida AAU circles.

So, here is some backstory for ya....

I'm pretty close to this situation.
Nassir Little is one of the kids, as is Balsa Koprivica. Balsa is the 2019 kid being discussed with Louisville.

Here is how you connect all the dots.
Dawkins works(ed) for Andy Miller
Andy Miller has a runner named Matt Ramker
Matt Ramker ran an elite AAU team in FL (which, got busted ironically by NCAA)
Ramker assistant for one of the years....
Brad Augustine

Brad + Ramker + Dawkins = ASM

Chris Caputo is the Miami assistant
Jordan Fair is the Louisville assistant

Here is more for Balsa
Balsa is ran by BEO Basket. He lived in Ft.Lauderdale and played at School (Nike school) and for NTF (obviously a Nike EYBL team)
ASM + Adidas pulled off at EuroCamp with BEO Basket that Balsa needs to go to Adidas.
Brad is Florida flagship Adidas team and Chris Singleton (former FSU) is the $ behind Brad non-profit (which, is now what got him busted).
Adidas wants Chris.
They made deal to get Balsa.
Balsa and his mom move to Orlando to attend Windermere Prep (place where Brad was an assistant a few years ago, and lives across the street). Mom got job working at boarding portion of Windermere

Adidas got Balsa away from a Nike school + Nike EYBL team.

Oh, and the schools were going to be in mix for Balsa
Baylor
Kansas
Louisville

I'll give you a hint on what those 3 schools have in common, and it isn't their shoe affiliation.

I have some trouble understanding what this guy means at times, although I think he is saying this kid's deal is more about certain money guys getting theirs as opposed to shoe companies themselves.

Reaction Score
These are basketball coaches, not the Mob. There is no code of omerta with these guys. They are all going to sing, and loudly. If they came storming in with warrants, everyone may clam up and hire lawyers. By just letting it hang out there, people will come running to them.

Gives new meaning to that old Broadway song sung by Phil Silvers -- "Nobody ever died for dear Old Rutgers." There is not a basketball coach in the country who won't sell out their boss and their school for one day less of time.

Reaction Score
ESPN U radio on Sirius has a two hour special on this starting at 7:00. Should be a pretty good listen.

Reaction Score
This is from another board that I spend time on from a guy that I believe has been involved in Florida AAU circles.

So, here is some backstory for ya....

I'm pretty close to this situation.
Nassir Little is one of the kids, as is Balsa Koprivica. Balsa is the 2019 kid being discussed with Louisville.

Here is how you connect all the dots.
Dawkins works(ed) for Andy Miller
Andy Miller has a runner named Matt Ramker
Matt Ramker ran an elite AAU team in FL (which, got busted ironically by NCAA)
Ramker assistant for one of the years....
Brad Augustine

Brad + Ramker + Dawkins = ASM

Chris Caputo is the Miami assistant
Jordan Fair is the Louisville assistant

Here is more for Balsa
Balsa is ran by BEO Basket. He lived in Ft.Lauderdale and played at School (Nike school) and for NTF (obviously a Nike EYBL team)
ASM + Adidas pulled off at EuroCamp with BEO Basket that Balsa needs to go to Adidas.
Brad is Florida flagship Adidas team and Chris Singleton (former FSU) is the $ behind Brad non-profit (which, is now what got him busted).
Adidas wants Chris.
They made deal to get Balsa.
Balsa and his mom move to Orlando to attend Windermere Prep (place where Brad was an assistant a few years ago, and lives across the street). Mom got job working at boarding portion of Windermere

Adidas got Balsa away from a Nike school + Nike EYBL team.

Oh, and the schools were going to be in mix for Balsa
Baylor
Kansas
Louisville

I'll give you a hint on what those 3 schools have in common, and it isn't their shoe affiliation.

I have some trouble understanding what this guy means at times, although I think he is saying this kid's deal is more about certain money guys getting theirs as opposed to shoe companies themselves.

Assuming his story is not BS, I believe he has is implying that each school pays for its players.

Reaction Score
Question for those in the know...I suspect the kids involved also lose eligibility as family accepted these bribes? I only assume it would make sense, is it for a year or declared ineligible for life?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Question for those in the know...I suspect the kids involved also lose eligibility as family accepted these bribes? I only assume it would make sense, is it for a year or declared ineligible for life?

Based on the precedent set by the NCAA in the Cam Newton case, as long as the player themselves didn't take the money, they should be good. If all the money was accepted by a parent or representative, and the player "didn't know", then the player is eligible in the eyes of the NCAA. That sounds like I am being sarcastic and ridiculous, but I am not. That is actually the precedent set by the Cam Newton and Auburn fiasco.

Last edited:

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

A friend of mine had his office raided by the FBI and they took his computer.

Freaked him out so much he got out of tech and in now a VP at a movie studio

Reaction Score
Based on the precedent set by the NCAA in the Cam Newton case, as long as the player themselves didn't take the money, they should be good. If all the money was accepted by a parent or representative, and the player "didn't know", then the player is eligible in the eyes of the NCAA. That sounds like I am being sarcastic and ridiculous, but I am not. That is actually the president set by the Cam Newton and Auburn fiasco.

Yeah forgot about that ridiculous case. I'd imagine we can compare the kid not knowing to Ricky not knowing about the whores and this also? Nonetheless the kids shouldn't get punished because they have greedy parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom