OT: Favorite Old Movies | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Old Movies

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My favorite "modern era" basketball movie (Hoosier's is not modern era) for being a gritty look at the college big leagues:

Bobby Knight had a cameo appearance.

Reaction Score
Last one for the day! Ah, the glories of going to the movies for a Saturday Matinee, two movies, cartoons for two bits,and a Bonomo's Turkish Taffy Bar (vanilla; chocolate and strawberry were gross) and one of my childhood idols:

Reaction Score
i m a big Edgar Rice Burroughs fan and have read all his books .. I have this movie on my hard drive but my favourite Tarzan films are the Johnny Weismuller movies bcuz of Maureen O'Sullivan.. and my favourite JW film is Tarzan's New York Adventure where he saves Boy(Korak) from the Circus people and jumps off the Brooklyn Bridge! haha

Reaction Score
Went through all the replies and am amazed that Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World was not mentioned. By far and away the best comedy made with a cast that today cannot be matched. I double over in laughter before the scenes start. With classic lines, "Just one little tap", or "We have to kill him", or 'He just kicked the bucket", or 'It's under the big W I tell ya", it doesn't stop. Check it out if you have not already.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One of my somewhat modern tough guy favorites from the wonderful Christopher Walken, King of New York:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Went through all the replies and am amazed that Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World was not mentioned. By far and away the best comedy made with a cast that today cannot be matched. I double over in laughter before the scenes start. With classic lines, "Just one little tap", or "We have to kill him", or 'He just kicked the bucket", or 'It's under the big W I tell ya", it doesn't stop. Check it out if you have not already.
I don't know if I mentioned it on this thread--- but Ive posted Mad Mad Mad Mad World at least twice around here

The scene where they're splitting up the "shares" on the side of the road is an all time classic

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
So if I had started a song/music thread you'd have been all over it. How about ICONIC Movie Theme Scores.
I know I have posted this before, but one cannot mention opening movie themes without this opening from The Sandpiper. Let me borrow from the comments: "The opening aerial shots of Big Sur featuring the theme song The Shadow of Your Smile, written by Johnny Mandel and Paul Webster. One of the greatest movie songs of all time, and the footage is breathtaking. "
"For sure, my favorite opening sequence of any movie ever. The theme, Jack Sheldon's trumpet, the unspoiled scenery of Big Sur, the titles typeset in that rickety print remind me of driftwood. Liz was beautiful in the film and the chemistry between her and Richard made the movie better than were it a couple of performers that were not in love in real life (well, that's how I feel about it although some will disagree with me but that's ok). "

It may not make anyone's best movie list, but it is very interesting to watch, given the time frame and the circumstances.

The Sandpiper (1965) opening credits and music

Reaction Score
One great old Bond movie and theme song by Nancy Sinatra - "You Only Live Twice"

Reaction Score
im not ready to put a lump of coal in ur stocking just yet, cuz, ya know, all 'taste' is personal. here is a chance to redeem ur sole (lol). another classic oldtimer? extra credit for anyone who correctly answers the question 'what is mr. magoo's first name?'

You mean Quincy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom