OT: Favorite ice cream brand and flavor? | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite ice cream brand and flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm usually a purist when it comes to ice cream and Haagen-Dazs vanilla has been my go to. Not a big ice cream guy but now that the summer months are here I'm willing to branch out if there are some good suggestions. By the way Ben and Jerry's is insane for discontinuing Heath Bar crunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I'm usually a purist when it comes to ice team and Haagen-Dazs vanilla has been my go to. Not a big ice cream guy but now that the summer months are here I'm willing to branch out if there are some good suggestions. By the way Ben and Jerry's is insane for discontinuing Heath Bar crunch.
Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Swiss Almond, my pregnant wife is hooked, kind of funny.

Reaction Score
Same as SJ, pretty "vanilla" when it comes to ice cream. Maybe a soft serve vanilla chocolate twist with some sprinkles or an occasional cherry dip. In the Ben and Jerry's stuff either vanilla. vanilla with choice chip or maybe vanilla with fudge girl. But no cherry, strawberry, pistachio, almond or alike BS in my ice cream.

Do they have a flavor called the Spooker?:cool:

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Tillamook Udderly Chocolate which takes regular chocolate ice cream blended with white chocolate ice cream along with chocolate flakes. Fantastic!

Reaction Score
Mocha Almond Fudge
Went to Southford Falls for a picnic lunch and Rich's Farm right after
Today soo good
I know when to get out of AZ it was 120 yesterday

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Same as SJ, pretty "vanilla" when it comes to ice cream. Maybe a soft serve vanilla chocolate twist with some sprinkles or an occasional cherry dip. In the Ben and Jerry's stuff either vanilla. vanilla with choice chip or maybe vanilla with fudge girl. But no cherry, strawberry, pistachio, almond or alike BS in my ice cream.

Do they have a flavor called the Spooker?:cool:
You gotta get out more.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Moose Tracks is a good go to.

More on to flavors than brands. Breyer's works well because they have some that are all natural.

No Dairy Bar mentions yet.

Generally speaking chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, pretzels and peanuts or almonds are a good mixture.

Reaction Score
Edy's French Silk. It's a mocha with chocolate chips. And I don't even drink coffee.

Reaction Score
I like the Edy's slow churned, both plain vanilla and french silk.

Reaction Score
I like almost any dessert known to humans- same for ice cream.

Love Ben and Jerry's, but if I had to choose one supermarket brand and one flavor, it's Haagen Dazs coffee.

Reaction Score
Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia. Any size container is in imminent danger in my freezer.

Reaction Score
Edy's Egg Nog Ice Cream for a currently available item although seasonal. My all time favorite egg not ice cream, the one that hooked me on egg nog, was Louis Sherry; it came wrapped in packets.

Reaction Score
I never went to the dairy bar once in my 4 years there. I'm sort of ashamed but not really.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I like anything that has chocolate, the richer the better. My favorites are not grocery brands. The two that stand out for me was a chocolate/chocolate brownie sundae at a great place in Savannah named Leopolds. Often lines out the door and worth it.

The other Ill never see it's like again. A gelato in a place in an Italian city right in the heel of the boot. Dark chocolate rum. So good, I can still taste it years later. Wentworths in Hamden near me has a load of good flavors and I'll stray from chocolate there.

Plain vanilla, never unless it's all they have.

Reaction Score
Peach ice cream
A good vanilla with fresh sliced peaches and handful of blueberries

Reaction Score
I like anything that has chocolate, the richer the better. My favorites are not grocery brands. The two that stand out for me was a chocolate/chocolate brownie sundae at a great place in Savannah named Leopolds. Often lines out the door and worth it.

The other Ill never see it's like again. A gelato in a place in an Italian city right in the heel of the boot. Dark chocolate rum. So good, I can still taste it years later. Wentworths in Hamden near me has a load of good flavors and I'll stray from chocolate there.

Plain vanilla, never unless it's all they have.

You need to get out more.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
The apple pie a la mode at Cold Stones. Lethal

Reaction Score
Whatever that stuff was at Mystic Bridge (in Mystic) was lethal. Had to (red alert) commandeer a crapper within minutes. Lactose sufferers beware, or you too will be dancin'. Probably lost 10 lbs! Happy to contribute to public safety threads.

Reaction Score
Cookies n Cream all day! Brand doesnt really matter im like a crackhead for that stuff lol! Ironically im not a fan of vanilla ice cream and dont like Oreo cookies at all. Yet you combine the two and its pure heaven!

Reaction Score
Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Swiss Almond is awesome and @EBonz30's pregnant wife is on to something there. Congratulations by the way! I also like their Butter Pecan. There is an ice cream place in Danbury named Il Bacio that makes their own. Everything they make is pretty sinful but the Cannoli ice cream is extraordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom