OT: Favorite guitar solos | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite guitar solos

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
There are some guitar players who have great solos and others who have solos that are unrecognized, yet breed success and define songs and bands. I think Brian May of queen is a great example of that. Listen to what he adds to songs. from small intratune solos to complementing the feeling - Brian May is amazing. Freddie Mercury's presence was so strong that people like Brian May, Roger Taylor (drums) and John Deacon (bass) are often overlooked for their amazing talents and contributions. They were all outstanding in their roles and were extremely talented. Listen to the Queen catalog and pay attention to the individual instruments and you will see what I mean.
BTW - AMAZING concerts (one had naked women riding bikes). I think I would have loved the concerts even without the heavy ganja use. LOL
Damn, I am old.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
There are some guitar players who have great solos and others who have solos that are unrecognized, yet breed success and define a band. I think Brian May of queen is a great example of that. Listen to what he adds to songs. from small intratune solos to complementing the feeling - Brian May is amazing. Freddie Mercury's presence was so strong that people like Brian May,

Reaction Score
You don't often think of acoustic guitars and rock solos, but Nancy Wilson of Heart had a great guitar solo a the beginning of "Crazy on You" from their eponymous first album. this is a live version so the recording quality doesn't quite match the original but it shows Nancy getting down and jamming.

One of the first LP's I bought. There were some other good solos on that album.

Reaction Score
Brain May from Queen was mentioned earlier. This is one of my favorite Queen songs and features a nice guitar solo that highlights the sound Brian was able to get out of his personally built guitar.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Tom Sholz from Boston. First arena rock concert I attended at WVU.

That premier Boston album has an amazing story. Tom Scholz played every instrument on every song except for the drums, the guitar solo on one song and the other instruments on another song. Other than that, he played every instrument and hid it from the record company. That is one hell of an opus. Google it and check it out. Scholz was amazing.

Reaction Score
Paige on stairway to heaven is hard to beat, if so, it’s by Hendrix. Most of the stuff posted here is not even top 50 worthy. Trucks can play that damned guitar well though. The guy who played lead guitar at the Kennedy center night honoring Zepp who played the solo for Heart on stairway to heaven was an absolute assassin on that song also…..I’ll link, wait for the solo…..wow, and John Bonham’s son Jason on the drums doing his dad proud.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rush — La Villa Strangiato
Guitar solo begins at 3:39.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member