Reaction Score

"Johnny B. Goode" — Chuck Berry (1958)​

"Crossroads" — Eric Clapton, Cream (1966)​

"Hotel California" — Don Felder and Joe Walsh, The Eagles (1976)​

"All Along the Watchtower" — Jimi Hendrix, The Jimi Hendrix Experience (1968)​

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven​

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Recorded at the Fillmore East 9 months before my birth, this show was actually an opening act for Janis Joplin. I love this version of The Other One for its raw power and emotion. Garcia was a genius.

Reaction Score
The late Prince. One of the best live solos of all time.

Were there any other boneyarders at the March ‘85 show at civic center with shiela E opening? What a great show! The first of many - it turned me onto the joy of live music

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'll preface this by saying this may not be for everyone. But, if you truly enjoy listening to/seeing the art of guitar playing, you should watch this video.

Yes, he's wearing a KFC bucket and a mask. I promise you it's worth the listen.

I give you Buckethead. One of the best to ever do it and more "famous" than you think if you Google him.

Not too heavy, I promise.

Well he wouldn't be Buckethead if he wore a bowler.

That is fantastic. I'd been kind of peripherally aware of him, but hadn't listened closely.

Reaction Score
Alluring video. Guitarist from Belarus, Valery Didula has several other videos that are "interesting."

Reaction Score
The guitar solos in "Station Man" from the original Fleetwood Mac have always been other worldly to me:

Reaction Score
Marshall Tucker Band and "24 Hours at a Time" live.

This is some blazing guitar work from Toy Caldwell and band mates with special guest Charlie Daniels:

Reaction Score
While I agree that the guitar work is legendary, it’s hard for me to think of it as “solo” or even three “solos”.

It’s a hard-driving, coordinated yet dueling, triple lead that has never been topped even by multiple lead guitar bands like Skynard and the Alman Brothers - and will never be topped by any band in existence today.
This is one reason the Southern Rock Genre is my Favorite!! (Most consider The Allman Bros as Blues rock but ther do fall under the Southern Rock Umbrella so to speak....)

Reaction Score
I was raised on a 160 acre (quarter section) farm in west central Illinois; but when our barn burned down we moved to California. I went through the CA educational system from 6th grade to my Bachelor's degree from UCSB in 1970. This song has been on my radar since it came out in '71 and this is probably the best version i've heard:

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
There is no way I could ever pick an all time favorite guitar solo.
There is so much amazing work in this world.
Lots of good choices here.
There are so many great Hendrix tunes that could be on here – he made the guitar an extension of his self.
What about Eddie on Beat it:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom