OT: Favorite guitar solos | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite guitar solos

Reaction Score
A crowd pleaser from Woodstock:

(TYA has the distinction of being one of the tightest bands i've heard live. I sat 20 feet from Alvin on two different nights in Pasadena, CA. I felt as though i'd jammed my finger in a light socket)

Reaction Score
Pat Metheny Group — Are You Going With Me?
Guitar solo starts at 3:45. An emotive live performance by a virtuoso using a guitar synthesizer.

Reaction Score
Aside from some of the obvious favorites that appear on threads like this I’ll go less obvious and less popular and dig a little bit into the underbelly of rock and roll. This is some high energy, killer stoner rock with an extended guitar solo and oh the bass player is basically soloing away with his own sick sounds. Don’t let the song title or genre scare you away. The face melt starts around 3:05. Hope you give it a try.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'll preface this by saying this may not be for everyone. But, if you truly enjoy listening to/seeing the art of guitar playing, you should watch this video.

Yes, he's wearing a KFC bucket and a mask. I promise you it's worth the listen.

I give you Buckethead. One of the best to ever do it and more "famous" than you think if you Google him.

Not too heavy, I promise.

Another hidden gem is Roy Clark on The Odd Couple

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Aside from some of the obvious favorites that appear on threads like this I’ll go less obvious and less popular and dig a little bit into the underbelly of rock and roll. This is some high energy, killer stoner rock with an extended guitar solo and oh the bass player is basically soloing away with his own sick sounds. Don’t let the song title or genre scare you away. The face melt starts around 3:05. Hope you give it a try.

Reminds me of husker du.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
There are two solos in this amazing song, one by Duane Allman beginning at 1:10 and the second by Dickie Betts beginning immediately after the first one at 2:40.

Take your pick, or treat it all as one long solo. FWIW, I prefer the first one but they are both great.

Reaction Score
People talk about Mark Knopfler's Dire Straits solo in "Sultans of Swing," but it's been played so much it's kind of a cliche by now. So how about one of many other incredible guitar solos. Give a listen to "Telegraph Road," which sounds like a full production with an amazing guitar in the middle of it.

There is another video that’s even better Imo! It’s the one that says “amazing audio” in the title and he’s wearing a black button down shirt and playing a bright red guitar. Whichever one you choose, it is a truly transcendent performance by a true genius!

Reaction Score
There are two solos in this amazing song, one by Duane Allman beginning at 1:10 and the second by Dickie Betts beginning immediately after the first one at 2:40.

Take your pick, or treat it all as one long solo. FWIW, I prefer the first one but they are both great.

I'm pretty sure we did this last off season BUT, THIS is my favorite too!! Amazing guitar solo's!!!

Reaction Score
Outlaws, “Green Grass and High Tides”, has multiple solos by different guys. Best song I’ve ever heard live. The energy was incredible.
While I agree that the guitar work is legendary, it’s hard for me to think of it as “solo” or even three “solos”.

It’s a hard-driving, coordinated yet dueling, triple lead that has never been topped even by multiple lead guitar bands like Skynard and the Alman Brothers - and will never be topped by any band in existence today.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Mr Henry James can really play. Saw these guys live last month, just amazing watching him.

Cold Night - Robert Jon and the Wreck

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Henry does some nice slide work on this bluesier tune.

Rescue Train - Robert Jon and the Wreck

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Black Crowes do a nice job on this Velvet Underground song. Rich does some of the guitar work, the other guy I'm not sure, possibly Audley Freed.

Oh Sweet Nuthin' - Black Crowes

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Marcus lets his keyboardist have some fun, then does his thing around 4:15 mark.

Virginia - The Marcus King Band

Reaction Score
Lots of really great choices. Here's a guy who's often overlooked.....Leslie West, with 'Theme From An Imaginary Western'. This solo, while not particularly complicated from a technical standpoint, has a clean tone that still gives me goosebumps!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom