OT: Favorite Drunk Food at UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Drunk Food at UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Going back a ways, but it was Italian Gardens in Willi.

One night we figured out that pitchers only held 11 glasses of beer and we could order 12 glasses for the same price. So we always ordered by the glass after that. That saved a quarter for the jukebox.

Reaction Score
The food truck across from the jungle (really ahead of its time). I believe it was originally Irma's then changed to Food for Thought. Turkey grinder.

Food for Thought! I certainly remember that food truck. Back in the late 70's into the 80's there were several food trucks around campus that would catch the lunch crowd. Being a Jungle resident (New London Hall, or Ne Ondo Ha as we called it on account of missing letters) at the time, Food For Thought was a fairly regular weekend dinner spot for me. Back in those days, Ted's was a pretty good weekend breakfast spot as well.

Reaction Score
When is a Junior Ray Croc going to open a Garden Catering franchise in Storrs? Potato Cones would be world famous. Lol

Reaction Score
When is a Junior Ray Croc going to open a Garden Catering franchise in Storrs? Potato Cones would be world famous. Lol
Lol funny story about that one... There is a rip-off called Wally's that got sued by garden catering for having basically the same menu

Reaction Score
I was there from 98-02...

Peps (I'd argue their Calzone's were better than DPs)
Wings Over Storrs
DP Dough
Stolen grilled cheese's from South
Domino's
Wing's Express

their calzones are still better than DP Dough. Their buffaque wings are also really good. Probably the best wings on campus.

Reaction Score
Lol funny story about that one... There is a rip-off called Wally's that got sued by garden catering for having basically the same menu
Garden Catering has been getting ripped off for years by Chicken Joe's too. Was Wally's the place in Storrs run by the former GC employee that they took to court?

Reaction Score
Garden Catering has been getting ripped off for years by Chicken Joe's too. Was Wally's the place in Storrs run by the former GC employee that they took to court?
Yeah I think the lawsuit got dropped though

Reaction Score
There's a weird business vacuum around the entirety of Storrs/Mansfield. Wouldn't surprise me to hear it's due to the old stubborn locals, they tried to stop half a dozen projects that popped up during my time there.

I don't think its that weird. Its an unpopulated town in an unpopulated area and between the summer and winter breaks a majority of students are gone for 4-5 months every year. I can't imagine its easy to start a business there.

Reaction Score
I just visited campus with my wife and kid and we stopped by Insomnia Cookies.... Holy shuttleworth those things are good. I would have easily gained a zillion pounds ordering warm cookies every night.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
They should move UConn to Hartford. Everyone wins.

Reaction Score
I just visited campus with my wife and kid and we stopped by Insomnia Cookies.... Holy shuttleworth those things are good. I would have easily gained a zillion pounds ordering warm cookies every night.

Insomina cookies, good call; forgot about them

Reaction Score
At UConn from 2012-2015.

Easily wings over boneless wings: sweet chilli and golden BBQ.

Sgt. Peps also is a consistent top choice.

Reaction Score
At UConn from 99-2004.

1st: Wings Over Golden BBQ and Cajun Teriyaki
2nd: DP Dough Buffer Zone.

Wings Express indian food was really good too.

Most nights were a drunken walk over to Subway in Store 24 lol.

Reaction Score
I don't think its that weird. Its an unpopulated town in an unpopulated area and between the summer and winter breaks a majority of students are gone for 4-5 months every year. I can't imagine its easy to start a business there.

lol be their chocolate mint cookie

Reaction Score
DP Dough's Drop Zone: breaded chicken, pepperoni, and mozzarella.

Reaction Score
Irma's cheeseburger grinders, It was a food truck that parked in the lot(now a garage) across from Material Sciences building mid 70's

Reaction Score
A second vote for IGs in Willi, and Bills #7 diner in willi, only open 11 to like 9 in the morning. The guy who ran that was a show in itself. Amazing Short order legend.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Can't get it late night, but Baja Cafe was awesome. Unfortunately, I guess they just recently closed down. Wings Over is solid when drunk as well. As a side note, Wally's might just be the grossest food on the planet

Reaction Score
Can't get it late night, but Baja Cafe was awesome. Unfortunately, I guess they just recently closed down. Wings Over is solid when drunk as well. As a side note, Wally's might just be the grossest food on the planet

Your opinions are bad, but welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc