OT: Favorite Drunk Food at UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Drunk Food at UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wally with puds. Depending on the drunkeness, corn fritters as well.

I loved Wally's. Especiall the corn fritters.

I'm honestly shocked it hasn't received more love in this thread.

Reaction Score
I loved Wally's. Especiall the corn fritters.

I'm honestly shocked it hasn't received more love in this thread.

Wallys didn't exist for many of us on here just like you youngins have no idea what store 24 is or skeletons closet

Reaction Score
The food truck across from the jungle (really ahead of its time). I believe it was originally Irma's then changed to Food for Thought. Turkey grinder.

Reaction Score
Wings at Bidwell Tavern or the white pizza from across the street from McMahon... Damn I'm old I can't remember the name of the place.

This is going to sound like a really lame guess, but was that Ray's Pizza?

Reaction Score
In case anyone was wondering, the corn fritters from Wally's are deep fried balls of creamed corn, which peers so well with all booze.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
A thank you to everyone that has responded to this and, by all means, keep on posting!!

If anyone says "blaze pizza" than their state of Connecticut education has failed them.

Continue on, husky comrades...
What is wrong with Blaze? This is drunk food we are talking about, not Frank Pepe's pizza.
Blaze, for what it is, is really not bad. I don't know what you're talking about.

I think your state of Connecticut education has failed you if you don't know the correct usage of "than" vs. "then".

Reaction Score
Store 24 $1 frozen burritos, those were nasty

What was the place you could buy the $2 fried chicken meal and $4 Piels bar bottles?

Think that is long gone

Reaction Score
At UConn from 06-10

DP by a mile with Wings Over a distant second.

Discovering I had a spare $7 to spend on a Chick-N-Bacon Zone after a long night of trying (and failing) to hook up at Thirsty's was simply magical.

Reaction Score
This would only apply to the very very recent UConn grads, but Pizza Mike's was an underrated choice to get pizza

Reaction Score
What is wrong with Blaze? This is drunk food we are talking about, not Frank Pepe's pizza.
Blaze, for what it is, is really not bad. I don't know what you're talking about.

I think your state of Connecticut education has failed you if you don't know the correct usage of "than" vs. "then".

Lol full disclosure, I was drunk when I wrote this

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thought Wally's was a lukewarm foil bag of salty, soggy chicken scraps? How can you guys even consider that a top option at UConn?

On a side note, co soldering the student population at UConn, the food selections really are limited. How has no one tried to pry the insane monopoly Wings and Sgt/DP have on campus away from them?

As for DP Dough vs Sgt Peps debate. Sgt Pep's had better calzones, while DP Dough's delivery boys were known to make special "deliveries" in your order bags if you used the right phrases. So it's DP Dough for me.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Bidwell Tavern kitchen is bad... friends worked there and said drink there but do not eat the food.

Things might have changed but back in the 90/ their wings were great... ah the generational gap!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Bidwell has gone dramatically downhill the last few years. I think new chef/owner? Other posters here have the details.

Reaction Score
Things might have changed but back in the 90/ their wings were great... ah the generational gap!

No wings are fine.. the problem was that the kitchen was a health trap

Reaction Score
I've always thought you could make a lot of money in Storrs if you opened a cheap Chinese place that delievered
there is a place that delivers, but only to campus, and only until like 9 or 10.

Reaction Score
Q ring pizza from Teds.
It's not good pizza, but it's great drunk food. That and peps calzones were my favorites after nickel.

DP Dough was really good my freshman year but then it went downhill

Reaction Score
Cheeseburger sub from Ted's.

There's no other acceptable answer.
Six patties! No weekend meal plan in the late eighties, I would live off of a Ted's cheeseburger sub and quarts at Ted's on weekends.

Reaction Score
there is a place that delivers, but only to campus, and only until like 9 or 10.

Really wish I had known that during my time there

Reaction Score
Really wish I had known that during my time there
it wasnt that good so you didn't miss anything.

The place by Big Y wasn't bad but they didn't deliver

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
There's a weird business vacuum around the entirety of Storrs/Mansfield. Wouldn't surprise me to hear it's due to the old stubborn locals, they tried to stop half a dozen projects that popped up during my time there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom