OT: Favorite Drunk Food at UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Drunk Food at UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had a roommate in the late 90s who worked at DP dough . chicken pesto mozz was the best but they where all bad. He would come home with 3 or 4 calzones at 2 am..

I lived in South and we would stumble there at closing and buy the calzones no one picked up or weren't delivered at a discount. Best drunk deal ever.

That plus pre 05 there were major dining hall food card loopholes where you could swipe anyone in. Pizza, fries, and soft serve ice cream. They devastated the meal plans after those years and made them a rip off. Everyone ended the semester with 1000 powerades from husky bucks. Shout out to day drinkers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't recognize most of the places people have mentioned so I'm gathering they weren't near/on campus yet when I was there. I had a few favorites:
Ted's Grinders which used to be under the bar in front (do they still exist?) had a great chicken cutlet grinder that I would inhale.
Wawa's hot dogs were like a buck a piece if I remember right and you could get a bunch of toppings. I think they were open all night too.
Willington Pizza, yea when we were stylin and had a few bucks in our pockets pitchers and pizza were on deck. And I loved their pizza. I was often hammered, so I would have eaten a dead skunk, but I've always thought fondly of it and remember it being a treat. First to have the cash, second to have someone with a car, and third to have a few pals who had the cash and hopefully a car made it special.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
The twin moon at Lou's. The later in the night the better it tasted. When the grill was clean not so good. Grease and beer went so good together.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I don't recognize most of the places people have mentioned so I'm gathering they weren't near/on campus yet when I was there. I had a few favorites:
Ted's Grinders which used to be under the bar in front (do they still exist?) had a great chicken cutlet grinder that I would inhale.
Wawa's hot dogs were like a buck a piece if I remember right and you could get a bunch of toppings. I think they were open all night too.
Willington Pizza, yea when we were stylin and had a few bucks in our pockets pitchers and pizza were on deck. And I loved their pizza. I was often hammered, so I would have eaten a dead skunk, but I've always thought fondly of it and remember it being a treat. First to have the cash, second to have someone with a car, and third to have a few pals who had the cash and hopefully a car made it special.
The downstairs was called "Sarah's Pockets" last time I was there, hilarious name I know.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
DP $5 zone of the day. (Although recently they upped their prices, $6 zone of the day now)

Also there is now Moe's and Blaze Pizza, which are both right up there.

Reaction Score
DP $5 zone of the day. (Although recently they upped their prices, $6 zone of the day now)

Also there is now Moe's and Blaze Pizza, which are both right up there.

A thank you to everyone that has responded to this and, by all means, keep on posting!!

If anyone says "blaze pizza" than their state of Connecticut education has failed them.

Continue on, husky comrades...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Graduated 01, so predated Wings Over (they are great though)... DP Dough the runaway drunk food number 1, Sgt. Peps number 2. I may have also stumbled over to Store 24 from time to time to buy Totinos Pizza Rolls and nuke the living $#|+ out of my mouth.

As for laying down a base before a night of drinking... happy hour Strike 3 with curly fries at Huskies, or cheeseburger sub from Teds.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
"The Sarge" mozzarella, Parmesan, pepperoni, and pineapple from Sgt. Pep's. Or if I was too hungry on the walk back from carriage one of their colossal slices of pepperoni pizza. One time one of buddies ordered the hangar from Wings Over of the afterburner wings. I'm pretty sure it's like 150 of the hottest wings they make. It cost him like 80 dollars and he ate half off one and threw up all over the rest.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought the drunk food at UConn was terrible in the early 90's. Dominos? Gumby's was better, but not great and they would simply no show a lot. Plus the guy there almost attacked me one time.

Ted's Grinders was very good, but didn't it close at 9 or 10? An under the radar place was the Wawa's near van der Mehden. It had a really good deli, but I think it closed at 10 or 11.

Reaction Score
I thought the drunk food at UConn was terrible in the early 90's. Dominos? Gumby's was better, but not great and they would simply no show a lot. Plus the guy there almost attacked me one time.

Ted's Grinders was very good, but didn't it close at 9 or 10? An under the radar place was the Wawa's near van der Mehden. It had a really good deli, but I think it closed at 10 or 11.
Cheeseburger grinder from Ted's.....and they definitely stayed open late because we would close down the bar and then stumble downstairs for the grinder. Good stuff.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pesaro's Pizza. Because drunk is the only reason anyone would have called that place.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
cheeseburger sub from Teds.
Finally! These light weights with their dainty little appetizers sicken me.

This is the king of drunk food. Bow down and be humble:
5669988.0.jpg

Reaction Score
I'd be curious to know when people graduated, because DP Dough was never anyone's decision when I was there (2012).

Reaction Score
I'd be curious to know when people graduated, because DP Dough was never anyone's decision when I was there (2012).
Graduated in 2016 and nobody really got DP Dough. It was Wings Over or Sgt Peps for basically everyone I knew

Reaction Score
DP Dough was big in the late 90's. We used to put 2 Dominos in the middle of the room on the floor and everyone dove in. Everyone threw in like $2 each.

I tried eating DP Dough sober once, not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom