Ot: Ever known a murder victim? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ot: Ever known a murder victim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I live in Cheshire. . .
Me, too. I live near the Petits. Those creeps drove by my house in order to stalk the family. Knowing that made me literally physically ill for weeks.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I worked with the woman killed at Keney park in the 80's.

My 1st cousins daughter was killed by her boyfriend. She was in her 20's.

My mother's former caregiver's boyfriend was murdered in Jamaca.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Me, too. I live on the same street as the Petits. Those creeps drove by my house in order to stalk the family. Knowing that made me literally physically ill for weeks.

I thought you lived there, Nan. We have friends that live there on either side of the Petit house - we are right around the corner from the younger dirtbag. It still is more than just disturbing :(

Reaction Score
A grammar school classmate and boyhood friend of mine was murdered by his daughter. He was a retired cop, and his daughter got ahold of his service revolver and shot him as he walked into their house one day.

I never got a good account of exactly what the situation was between them, and I got the impression there was something of a coverup.

We spent so much time together from fifth grade on - fishing all over Connecticut, building and flying model planes together, playing sports, hanging around his dad's junkyard and body shop - that he was an integral part of my life before my going off to college.

I feel like part of my life was stolen from me, in that I don't have him around to schmooze with about old times together.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My then-wife worked with a young woman at Bamberger's (now Macy's). The woman and her boyfriend were robbed in a parking lot at Newark Airport. The boyfriend scuffled with the robber and told his girlfriend to run. Both were shot, him fatally.

Reaction Score
A couple, grew up in a small town here in Indiana, our school won a state championship in football and almost every Friday there was a dance after the game...A couple friends and I decided to walk uptown to get pizza and cut through one of the yards by the school, the next day we learned that the yard we cut through, was the one that an elderly lady had been raped and killed...by a kid who had dropped out of school that year but was back walking the hallway that day of the rape/murder. The girl I walked with at graduation was a witness in the trial, and the guy convicted I believe was released and later arrested in the NorthEast and accused of child molestation....There's alot of more details/ coincidences....Also a kid I managed at a Pizza place in the 80's, was found shot in a field where my boss(in the 90's) had his wedding reception. I think later on he understood why I didn't attend...

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Tough thread ....I deeply sympathize with those who lost someone that they cared about. I think for those of us who are older, we likely have multiple examples from our past.
My first cousin, who was my age and regrettably headed down a bad path with drugs was found with a pistol in her right hand, deemed suicide by the police but she was a very left hand dominant individual. She was also purported to be in the process of testifying against a dealer.
My first boss in the Navy was stabbed by his wife the night after I sat at the same table with them at the Seabee Ball.
My roommate got married, moved to Guam and was found dead under mysterious circumstances that didn't add up, shortly after he was known to be working on a construction contract corruption case.
A very sweet hospital administrator, who was part of the medical team that relieved us and had a four year-old daughter at home, was gunned down by a Taliban infiltrator while jogging, unarmed and inside our base in Afghanistan (same place that I used to run frequently).
I knew Nidal Hissan, the mass murdering psychiatrist from Fort Hood, by sight, from him being in the med school class behind me.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I worked with the woman killed at Keney park in the 80's.

was this the lady kidnapped from the downtown parking garage... if so, I know the guy that did it smh!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
was this the lady kidnapped from the downtown parking garage... if so, I know the guy that did it smh!
Yes, Diane Gellenback. She was a VP at the old CNB when I was a programmer/analyst there.

I didn't work there when she was taken by Danial Webb. I believe he is still on death row.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Rick Rubleman who was the VP shot and killed at the CT Lottery offices was close friend, softball teammate and one of my brother's very best friends. He was a tremendous person and the baseball field at Branford High School is now named after him. If I remember correctly my brother spoke the day of the dedication. I returned from PA for his services my throat was bruised from grief for three days after his funeral.

Reaction Score
A friend of my mother's and the friend's 11 year-old daughter died on TWA Flight 800. There are a lot if theories, from terrorism to criminal negligence, as to the cause of the crash. Could be construed as murder.

My next door neighbor had moved away 15 years prior, was also a victim of TWA800. Also my older brother's friend's mother was brutally murdered in the 60s. Beaten, stabbed and shot, they never did solve it.

Reaction Score
Hmmm...I feel a little creepy myself at the moment because I seem to know an unusually high number (in relation to posters on this forum).

1. A close friend from childhood's father shot his mother to death. I knew the whole family.
2. A high school classmate (had several classes with him) was stabbed to death.
3. A student I had in a couple of classes was stabbed to death.

Peripherally...
4. A work team member's uncle was the "wood chipper" killer.
5. I was a juror on a murder trial. Guilty.

Do you remember the Ireland trial - he and some other guys killed a woman in Meridan? I was on that jury. Guilty as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom