Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Yard goats & coffee in Hartford.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Always enjoyed seeing the Rock Cats, and I'll give this new stadium a chance. Definitely easier access from my neck of the woods.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
All the baseball stadium means to me is the loss of a large parking lot for UCONN HOOPS is Harford.
Where's Harford?

Reaction Score
I refuse to call any stadium by a corporate name, I gotta come up with a name for this stadium. I still refer to the XL Center as the Civic Center, and I still refer to Metlife stadium as Giants stadium or the Meadowlands.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I admire people who make grand, pointless gestures.

Personally, I refuse to use state names and instead prefer their original Indian names.

When the rest of you finally stop draping yourselves in the language of imperialism, perhaps I'll one day be able to get a University of Quinnehtukqut hoodie at the Co-op.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

Personally, I refuse to us state names and instead prefer their original Indian names.

When the rest of you finally stop draping yourselves in the language of imperialism, perhaps I'll one day be able to get a University of Quinnehtukqut hoodie at the Co-op.
Do you like goats?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Do you like goats?

I spent a few minutes thinking and can honestly say that I have gotten to this point in my life without developing any strong opinions either way on goats. It seems that my thoughts on most animals are directly related to my preference for them as menu items - since I have never eaten a goat, I've not had the chance to develop a feeling for them.

However, I accept that they exist and I wish them well doing whatever it is that they do.

I hope I've answered your question.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Two summers ago, I participated in a leadership course that visited a farm and had a day's worth of training activities there, one of which was herding goats. All I'll say is that on that day, I found my true calling. Probably half of the other people who went on that course probably still think of me as "The Goat Whisperer".

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've had a little while to do some research - I tell you, I know all about goats and I'm not fooled by the cute little ones.

Goats are dicks and I hate them so much now.

Look at this goat bothering all these nice people.

Reaction Score
I can't wait to watch baseball in Hartford at their new stadium! There will be plenty of affordable parking and things to do before and after the game besides walking to your car. I'm not really in love with the name Yard Goats but it is what it is!! And I can accept the name as Dunkin Donuts Park. As long as Dunkin Donuts or any corporation ponies up the $500,000 to $1,000,000 naming fee they can call it anything they want!! I'll be there!!

Reaction Score
I was at the Rock Cats game last night. Me and about 800 others on a beautiful night. They announced the DD partnership and had a between innings 'race' between a human cup of coffee, coolatta and donut. The coffee and coolata led for 90% of the 'race', the donut trailing by 10 lengths like a gluten impaired gelding. Suddenly, the donut sped up and won the race at the tape. It was clear the fix was in. Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
hate to break up all the fun....but THIS is a Yard Goat...

img_2370.jpg

Reaction Score

Personally, I refuse to use state names and instead prefer their original Indian names.

Or perhaps to the University of Connecticut the long river state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky