OT: Dunkin Donuts Park | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Dunkin Donuts Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I've had a little while to do some research - I tell you, I know all about goats and I'm not fooled by the cute little ones.

Goats are dicks and I hate them so much now.

Look at this goat bothering all these nice people.

When I was growing up... my neighbor had goats.. you are correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I can't wait to watch baseball in Hartford at their new stadium! There will be plenty of affordable parking and things to do before and after the game besides walking to your car. I'm not really in love with the name Yard Goats but it is what it is!! And I can accept the name as Dunkin Donuts Park. As long as Dunkin Donuts or any corporation ponies up the $500,000 to $1,000,000 naming fee they can call it anything they want!! I'll be there!!

Your use of exclamation points greatly disturbs me...

Reaction Score
I've had a little while to do some research - I tell you, I know all about goats and I'm not fooled by the cute little ones.

Goats are dicks and I hate them so much now.

Look at this goat bothering all these nice people.

That is one bad goat.

Reaction Score
I refuse to call any stadium by a corporate name, I gotta come up with a name for this stadium. I still refer to the XL Center as the Civic Center, and I still refer to Metlife stadium as Giants stadium or the Meadowlands.
You mean New York Football Giants, Inc. Stadium?

I've gone a step further and now refer to it as that stadium in the swamp in Jersey.

Reaction Score
I like goat cheese. Will there be any of that at the concession stands at this new stadium?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
hate to break up all the fun....but THIS is a Yard Goat...

img_2370.jpg
I always thought these were Yard G.OA.T.'s
498963539_53d32e085a.jpg

Reaction Score
next question is...at the stadium, will they serve goats milk with the DD coffee???

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I've seen this video at least 25 times and it still cracks me up every, single time...
I totally wasn't prepared for the last one...lol.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Two summers ago, I participated in a leadership course that visited a farm and had a day's worth of training activities there, one of which was herding goats. All I'll say is that on that day, I found my true calling. Probably half of the other people who went on that course probably still think of me as "The Goat Whisperer".

And you live in Mansfield? That checks off just about every stereotype, though some might argue for sheep. :)

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Nothing to do with the name but I wonder if UConn plans to try to play some games there once it opens

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I spent a few minutes thinking and can honestly say that I have gotten to this point in my life without developing any strong opinions either way on goats. It seems that my thoughts on most animals are directly related to my preference for them as menu items - since I have never eaten a goat, I've not had the chance to develop a feeling for them.

However, I accept that they exist and I wish them well doing whatever it is that they do.

I hope I've answered your question.
I spent a number of summers living on my aunt and uncles orchard/farm in the San Juaquin Valley when I was a kid and they had a goat. His name, like most goats named by a 7 year old, was Billy and he was a dick. He would head butt everything, often your groin, and ate everything in sight. I ate goat for the first time as an adult and hated it. I have no use for goats either in my yard or in my belly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I refuse to call any stadium by a corporate name, I gotta come up with a name for this stadium. I still refer to the XL Center as the Civic Center, and I still refer to Metlife stadium as Giants stadium or the Meadowlands.
How about "The Farm"?

Reaction Score
It still annoys the ever loving out of me that they're moving out of New Britain.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
It still annoys the ever loving out of me that they're moving out of New Britain.
Just get on the bus, Gus!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

At the very least, NB deserves a NY Penn League short season team. Great facilities and outstanding fan support, even during the team's long stretch of poor play in the 2000s.

Reaction Score
At the very least, NB deserves a NY Penn League short season team. Great facilities and outstanding fan support, even during the team's long stretch of poor play in the 2000s.
Having been to many minor league parks around the country I wouldn't call NB a great facility, very average but they do a great job getting people to the park. Unfortunately even Minor League baseball has fascist territorial rights so NB won't be allowed to have affiliated ball any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom