OT-Drone/Quad-Copters | The Boneyard

OT-Drone/Quad-Copters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm looking to get one for my 13 year old son as a gift. I want to keep it to about $250. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

Reaction Score
I'm looking to get one for my 13 year old son as a gift. I want to keep it to about $250. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

I'd go to a hobby store. Time Machine in Manchester has some nice ones.

Reaction Score
forget drones

go to toy storee in historic mystic and enter portal of America's Greatest Generation

the replicas put you on" Omaha Beach ( i no, i be their summer 2013)"

walking battlefields; if yo goze to France be sure to catch WWII museum in Caen-also the tapestries in Bayeaux from William Conquistafora are goody

axis bunkiers on utah very spooky; smell & feel deathtrap mantra: stay out

intertwined wit german fortifications are druid mounds from australopithicussed eon, how appropriate

food be excellentay, dont miss le cidre wit mussels in britagne on beach front, sehr gut

verseilles be neyeth, Ike hdqts after liberation de Paris

castles cathedrals galore; castles mo fun

brit in castle in rheims luv to see americanos; he said USA troops saved his daddy keester in 44

barons bearonnesses plentiful; plentiful baronesses mo fun

Reaction Score
forget drones

go to toy storee in historic mystic and enter portal of America's Greatest Generation

the replicas put you on" Omaha Beach ( i no, i be their summer 2013)"

walking battlefields; if yo goze to France be sure to catch WWII museum in Caen-also the tapestries in Bayeaux from William Conquistafora are goody

axis bunkiers on utah very spooky; smell & feel deathtrap mantra: stay out

intertwined wit german fortifications are druid mounds from australopithicussed eon, how appropriate

food be excellentay, dont miss le cidre wit mussels in britagne on beach front, sehr gut

verseilles be neyeth, Ike hdqts after liberation de Paris

castles cathedrals galore; castles mo fun

brit in castle in rheims luv to see americanos; he said USA troops saved his daddy keester in 44

barons bearonnesses plentiful; plentiful baronesses mo fun

I ran this through Babblefish and it came back with "I smoked too much meth"

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
chapwilvaug72 said:
forget drones go to toy storee in historic mystic and enter portal of America's Greatest Generation the replicas put you on" Omaha Beach ( i no, i be their summer 2013)" walking battlefields; if yo goze to France be sure to catch WWII museum in Caen-also the tapestries in Bayeaux from William Conquistafora are goody axis bunkiers on utah very spooky; smell & feel deathtrap mantra: stay out intertwined wit german fortifications are druid mounds from australopithicussed eon, how appropriate food be excellentay, dont miss le cidre wit mussels in britagne on beach front, sehr gut verseilles be neyeth, Ike hdqts after liberation de Paris castles cathedrals galore; castles mo fun brit in castle in rheims luv to see americanos; he said USA troops saved his daddy keester in 44 barons bearonnesses plentiful; plentiful baronesses mo fun

I think we just witnessed someone have and recover from a stroke in one post

Reaction Score
Ugggh, all I wanted was a couple recommendations for a present for my kid. I fear that once any thread experiences a post from chap, it is doooooomed!!! Can anyone put this thread back on track??? Please......

Reaction Score
there are some great ones on amazon, Hubsan makes some really fun ones, they're kind of small, probably 4x4 maybe a little bigger. They're about 75 dollars for one with a camera and incredibly fun to use. I would check out some videos on youtube. For its size its very powerful and are meant to be flown outside but are small and agile enough to use indoors as well, but its totally up to you if you want to tell your son they can be flown indoors

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ugggh, all I wanted was a couple recommendations for a present for my kid. I fear that once any thread experiences a post from chap, it is doooooomed!!! Can anyone put this thread back on track??? Please.

It's time to stop coddling the kid and prepare him for landing at Omaha Beach.

I didn't completely understand the moonbat's post, but I gather there still may still be some Germans there.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
...but I gather there still may still be some Germans there.

Germans? I thought it was the Japanese that occupied France.

Reaction Score
there are some great ones on amazon, Hubsan makes some really fun ones, they're kind of small, probably 4x4 maybe a little bigger. They're about 75 dollars for one with a camera and incredibly fun to use. I would check out some videos on youtube. For its size its very powerful and are meant to be flown outside but are small and agile enough to use indoors as well, but its totally up to you if you want to tell your son they can be flown indoors

How are the quality of the Hubsan ones?

Reaction Score
Buy him a rather inexpensive one to learn on. If he likes it then get a good one. My friend has one and says they are unbelievably controlable. Said he could hover outside a window and look in. My response was. . . .

One mans drone/quadcopter is another mans "Skeet".

Reaction Score
Uconn93 said:
How are the quality of the Hubsan ones?

I was very happy with it, they can take some pretty hard hits, for the most part I had no problems with it. hubsan sells a crash kit as well with spare props and rotor guards and a new body shell. The only reason mine broke was because I flew it at the beach and crashed it the sand, and all the motors got jammed up with sand. I would definitely recommend buying spare props because they're easy to lose

Reaction Score
I will say they're extremely fun. How old is your son? Whenever I flew mine it usually drew a crowd of kids all begging for a chance to fly it. There's multiple settings for more advanced controls if he he really starts to get into it. I would highly recommend the hubsan for a first drone

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
You can get a Phantom 1 for probably the $250 It's very similar to the Phantom 2 but cheaper. I'd consider a used one as well as long as you're assured it is in good working order. The problem with the smaller copters is using them outside is very difficult due to wind.

Here's a nice article I found with the top ten: http://www.droneflyers.com/2014/11/best-quadcopters-for-2014-holiday-gift-giving/

Reaction Score
Buy him a rather inexpensive one to learn on. If he likes it then get a good one. My friend has one and says they are unbelievably controlable. Said he could hover outside a window and look in. My response was. . . .

One mans drone/quadcopter is another mans "Skeet".

Damn I may get on of those I have a couple hot neighbors.......:oops:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Damn I may get on of those I have a couple hot neighbors..:oops:

Real men use ladders:

animalhouse4.jpg

Reaction Score
I was very happy with it, they can take some pretty hard hits, for the most part I had no problems with it. hubsan sells a crash kit as well with spare props and rotor guards and a new body shell. The only reason mine broke was because I flew it at the beach and crashed it the sand, and all the motors got jammed up with sand. I would definitely recommend buying spare props because they're easy to lose
Which Hubsan model do you have/like?

Reaction Score
I will say they're extremely fun. How old is your son? Whenever I flew mine it usually drew a crowd of kids all begging for a chance to fly it. There's multiple settings for more advanced controls if he he really starts to get into it. I would highly recommend the hubsan for a first drone

He's 13. Which model Hubsan would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom