OT. Disgusting Snacks Of Our Youths | The Boneyard

OT. Disgusting Snacks Of Our Youths

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Slow day. So this all started with me having TaB creep into my head and I had to research whether the Coke folks still make it. yes, they do, though it's now a small sliver of themarket and you cannot find it at all in some regions. Seems this fall a rumor was spreading that it was being cancelled and now there is TaB hoarding!

Anyway, it was one of three key ingredients to my favorite, wretched unhealthy snack of my preteen and early teen years.

Here goes: a whole bag of Fritos, a true out of the barrel deli-dill pickle (or 2) and a quart of TaB. Fun going down, but didn't feel so hot later. Still, that never deterred my returning to this decadence of my youth.

How about you?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this fits the category of "snack", but back in the 60's we had a "snack"-making toy called
"Incredible Edibles" where you squeezed a flavored gel called Gobble-Degoop into a metal mold and baked it. The end result was a disgusting rubbery substance in the shape of bugs and worms... ready to eat. Given it was the 60s and things like DDT and asbestos were commonly used, I don't want to know what was in the goop. Smoking a couple packs of Lucky Strikes a day probably would've been healthier.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1546278546252.png

Well young adulthood really. I loved these with a cup of coffee. 4.5 oz of wholesome fat and sugar goodness. Add caffeine and it was an instant jolt of energy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Swiss rolls. They were made from a ton of cream filling rolled inside a chocolate cake. For me, the more cream filling, the better. They were so tasty and so bad for you. We used to be able to get them from the cafeteria in high school for something like $.25 each. They actually tasted close to a whoopie pie...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Swiss rolls. They were made from a ton of cream filling rolled inside a chocolate cake. For me, the more cream filling, the better. They were so tasty and so bad for you. We used to be able to get them from the cafeteria in high school for something like $.25 each. They actually tasted close to a whoopie pie...

Waddah you mean 'were":
1546279046832.png

Be strong @EricLA

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Waddah you mean 'were": View attachment 37832

Be strong @EricLA
LOL. These were different - I think maybe they were called something else back then (or they changed over the past 30+ years). They were MUCH larger and did not have the chocolate coating on them - just the cake and the cream. They were so big that they were sold individually, not in a box (ie. twinkie size)...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Slow day. So this all started with me having TaB creep into my head and I had to research whether the Coke folks still make it. yes, they do, though it's now a small sliver of themarket and you cannot find it at all in some regions. Seems this fall a rumor was spreading that it was being cancelled and now there is TaB hoarding!

Anyway, it was one of three key ingredients to my favorite, wretched unhealthy snack of my preteen and early teen years.

Here goes: a whole bag of Fritos, a true out of the barrel deli-dill pickle (or 2) and a quart of TaB. Fun going down, but didn't feel so hot later. Still, that never deterred my returning to this decadence of my youth.

How about you?

TAB ??? Had no idea they still made that. I havent seen TAB around since elementary school :D:cool::p:eek::rolleyes:;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
View attachment 37830

Well young adulthood really. I loved these with a cup of coffee. 4.5 oz of wholesome fat and sugar goodness. Add caffeine and it was an instant jolt of energy.

As a kid (sans coffee), these tasted so good but decimated my stomach

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You guys are all playing around at this stuff. Amatuers. You're all bush league. I grew up in the worst kind of ghetto you can imagine. We were poor poor. For snack/dessert (and believe me this is no lie) we kids use to buy a stick of butter (they were cheap) and dip it in sugar. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm boy, now that's disgustingly, stomach turning, good eating. And I ain't the only one.

1546284910700.png

Last edited:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

OMG. I would eat an entire box at a time. SO SAD when Drake's stopped making them.
1546286319824.png

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
SHere goes: a whole bag of Fritos, a true out of the barrel deli-dill pickle (or 2) and a quart of TaB. Fun going down, but didn't feel so hot later. Still, that never deterred my returning to this decadence of my youth.

Dude! Seriously? :eek: Snack? Just how big of kid were you? Whole bag of Fritos, 1 or 2 dills, and a quart of tab? We are talking several snacks over several days. :D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As a kid (sans coffee), these tasted so good but decimated my stomach
See there's your problem. Your mom needed to be giving a cup of coffee with it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Dude! Seriously? :eek: Snack? Just how big of kid were you? Whole bag of Fritos, 1 or 2 dills, and a quart of tab? We are talking several snacks over several days. :D

It was a once every 2-3 weeks all evening event in the summer with the bros! In those days I was a slim athlete.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Pork rinds. Still around. Still disgusting.
8D80697D-27F5-44A5-9697-B0660B72799E.jpeg

temery

What?
Reaction Score

How about you?

A large bag of bbq chips, onion dip, a block of pepper jack cheese, and a jar of dill pickles, all washed down by chugging the pickle juice, once landed me in the college health center.

Now I'm hungry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom