OT. Disgusting Snacks Of Our Youths | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT. Disgusting Snacks Of Our Youths

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Wow, this is a tough one. My mom was pretty generous with snacks, from sweet to salty. Yodels, devil dogs, ring dings, potato chips, fritos ... just about anything. Big chunks of provolone that was so sharp it fell apart as you cut it. When I was very young, by favorite was chunky peanut butter and my grandmother's homemade jelly on a sandwich made from two frozen waffles hot from the toaster. Accompanied by a huge glass of whole milk, of course. In college, my friend Matt (who died way too early, at 51) and I would smoke an export from one of our Central American neighbors and then each buy our own bag of Pepperidge Farm Milanos and our own quart of milk. We'd drive somewhere with a view (could be Long Island Sound, could be the Caldor parking lot, could be anywhere), slowly enjoy our cookies, drink our milk straight from the carton and have the greatest conversations about anything and everything. On especially hot and decadent summer nights, we might inhale some more and then head to Dairy Queen for Mister Misty freezes. Ahhhh, youth.

Reaction Score
It doesn't get any better than this.....

1546299640241.jpeg

Reaction Score
Let's see- Ring Dings, Yodels, Oreos, Chip Ahoy cookies, Hostess apple pies, Fudgecicles, Popsicles, Hoodsies (I'm dating myself here lol). When I was a teenager I discovered Doritos, loved to down an entire bag washed down with Pepsi. Didn't make me sick either. Now the thought makes my stomach churn lol

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
How about you?

My snacks varied depending on availability. When our garden was producing I could not get enough radishes to snack on. When my Mother was not observant it was a healthy, well probably an unhealthy hunk of pepperoni. Liquid creamsicle! A little orange flavored Fix-a-Drink and a large glass of cold milk - liquid creamsicle. However, none of these are disgusting. You want disgusting? My Grandfather would occasionally take me to the Polish Falcons Club and the Slovak Club. On their bars were several jars of snacks such as pickled pig snouts, ears, and feet. The coal miners cherished then. They had great sport trying to get me to eat a bite. Never did! I was happy to provide the laughs but no further. Even though many years later at a Chinese New Years celebration of my own volition I placed a bite of sea cucumber into my mouth. Yes, I was sober. At that moment the pickled pig snout seemed like a delicacy. Ever see a picture of a sea cucumber? You have to believe the first person to eat a sea cucumber at that moment was hungriest person on Earth. How anyone could look at it and think FOOD is beyond me. This was a starvation act.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It doesn't get any better than this.....

View attachment 37847

I have a nephew, brilliant guy, PhD in robotics. He LOVES fluff. When he's visiting his parents, he'll have a (homemade) waffle and put peanut butter on it, then so much fluff on it that you literally can't see that there's a waffle and peanut butter underneath it.

When I was in college, the dining hall had wonderful blue cheese dressing. I'd mix that with ketchup and dip potato chips in it. Not bad in small quantities, but a half-cup or so of that stuff with dinner every night now seems kind of gross.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A large bag of bbq chips, onion dip, a block of pepper jack cheese, and a jar of dill pickles, all washed down by chugging the pickle juice, once landed me in the college health center.

Now I'm hungry.

Love it. A slosh or two of brine I must confess to too.

Reaction Score
I’m still Young 23. But I really like Swiss rolls, Nutty Bars are so good, I like to make myself Chip and Cheese put cheese on top of tortilla chips stick it in the microwave for about 30 Seconds so good. I enjoy Doritos I can eat a whole bag of those on my own. A lot of the stuff Little Debbie makes is the bomb. When I was Little My Dad would take Me, My brother, and two sisters to a store that had a lot of hostess treats and he’d let us chose what we’d want. THo Ho’s I loved Ho Ho’s. Hostess Cupcakes were really good also.

Reaction Score
Pork rinds. Still around. Still disgusting. View attachment 37845

Almost as bad...A New York Treat: Pane con Ciccioli

When I met my husband, he told me about this special bread his grandmother used to make as a Christmas treat. Since I’m into baking, I decided to give it a shot. Many years later, I’m still making it every year. At first, only the adults would eat it, but now a lot of the younger ones like it, too.

Reaction Score
So I've 100% of all listed. Waiting for a surprise

Reaction Score
For the Philadelphia crew, Tastecakes. Max sugar and preservatives.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
When the topic/question was for "disgusting snacks" why are people posting things they enjoyed? C'mon people.

Raisinettes are disgusting. Alone, raisins are gagging and milk chocolate can't save them.
Razzles were just a poor excuse for gum.
Swiss Rolls and Devil Dogs were hideous. There was also a snack cake with jelly... :shudder:
A candy called Sugar Babies...wha'?
Fudgesicles...shake my head. Gross.

Reaction Score
Planter’s Cheez Balls.

God I miss those,,,,,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members