OT: Demarco Murray | The Boneyard

OT: Demarco Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If this all works out for the Eagles, that is one dangerous team. Bradford is a stud and if they sign Murray with Matthews as a backup that's quite the 1-2 punch.

That said, all three of those guys have a pretty significant injury history. It could also all backfire horribly on them. As a diehard Giants fan, one can only hope.

Reaction Score
If this all works out for the Eagles, that is one dangerous team. Bradford is a stud and if they sign Murray with Matthews as a backup that's quite the 1-2 punch.

That said, all three of those guys have a pretty significant injury history. It could also all backfire horribly on them. As a diehard Giants fan, one can only hope.

Bradford is a stud on what planet? As an Eagles fan I'm distraught by how this offseason has been handled. We traded Foles (who I believe can be a franchise qb) and picks to take on a guy coming off 2 ACL tears who carries a 13 million dollar cap hit.

We overpaid Byron Maxwell by a factor of two.

Now we're looking to sign a back coming off 400 carries, who - and I haven't heard this mentioned enough - has a pretty lengthy history of injuries himself.

Edit: oh, and our best receiver (by a lot) just walked out the door.

Reaction Score
tykurez said:
What, you mean you don't like Shane Vereen?! ;)

If this is sarcasm it's misplaced. Running backs in the NFL are basically interchangeable. A guy like Vereen who can do a little bit of everything is incredibly valuable.

Reaction Score
Diehard Cowboys fan here - I'm ok with Demarco walking if it means we make a serious run at AP :)

Reaction Score
Diehard Cowboys fan here - I'm ok with Demarco walking if it means we make a serious run at AP :)

Rumor is it's all up to the Vikings on whether they let him go anywhere else so those chances are slim. If Murray goes to the Eagles I would expect the Cowgirls to look at Ryan M.

Reaction Score
Rumor is it's all up to the Vikings on whether they let him go anywhere else so those chances are slim. If Murray goes to the Eagles I would expect the Cowgirls to look at Ryan M.

In that case Demarco's plane better get rerouted to Dallas. Ryan Matthews is made of glass and has shown no signs he can get past his lack of durability

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
If this is sarcasm it's misplaced. Running backs in the NFL are basically interchangeable. A guy like Vereen who can do a little bit of everything is incredibly valuable.

It's just been tough being in a division with guys like McCoy, Murray, and Morris. I like Jennings, but he can't stay healthy. Signing Vereen doesn't exactly give me that warm feeling, especially with the Giants OL woes. I'm glad they got someone who can catch out of the backfield though.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Bradford is a stud on what planet? As an Eagles fan I'm distraught by how this offseason has been handled. We traded Foles (who I believe can be a franchise qb) and picks to take on a guy coming off 2 ACL tears who carries a 13 million dollar cap hit.

Now we're looking to sign a back coming off 400 carries, who - and I haven't heard this mentioned enough - has a pretty lengthy history of injuries himself.

He's a stud on the planet where his ACL isn't made of paper. He's got a plus arm and he's a bright kid. I think he has a lot of Matt Stafford in him, but he just can't stay on the field.

Foles had a fantastic year, there's no denying that ... but everyone knew the Eagles brass were disenfranchised with him. They obviously saw something they don't think will be in their future.

But if you, as an eagles fan, are distraught ... then I feel a little better. It's all perspective.

Reaction Score
It's just been tough being in a division with guys like McCoy, Murray, and Morris. I like Jennings, but he can't stay healthy. Signing Vereen doesn't exactly give me that warm feeling, especially with the Giants OL woes. I'm glad they got someone who can catch out of the backfield though.
These guys have won so many playoff games..............

RBs are for fantasy, not real football.

Bradford has played 7 games in 2 years, and before that he never did anything special.

As a Giants fan I love what Philly is doing.

Reaction Score

I get it. Good football player though, incredibly versatile.

It's funny to watch these squads shell out $$ for marquee running backs.

Reaction Score
Vereen is a perfect fit for Ben McAdoo's offense.

It's a solid pick up-now go find me a couple O-linemen(probably in the draft).
I really like the Vareen signing but the others have been garabage. Harris may be the worst signing of the Reese era and that says a lot.

The defense is a mess, it needs major changes, hopefully the draft consists of a OL and 6 defensive guys

Reaction Score
He's a stud on the planet where his ACL isn't made of paper. He's got a plus arm and he's a bright kid. I think he has a lot of Matt Stafford in him, but he just can't stay on the field.

Foles had a fantastic year, there's no denying that ... but everyone knew the Eagles brass were disenfranchised with him. They obviously saw something they don't think will be in their future.

But if you, as an eagles fan, are distraught ... then I feel a little better. It's all perspective.

Believe me man, most Eagles fans are freaking out right now. Foles is a big reason for that, as there appears to have been a bit of a disconnect between his perception among Eagles fans and nationally. Most Eagles fans loved him and thought we could win with him - two years ago, he threw for 27 TD's and 2 interceptions and went 7-1 as a starter. Last season, he struggled a little bit...but he still managed to go 6-2 behind a paper shell offensive line that was missing three starters. That's 13-3 in a seasons worth of regular season games, and it isn't as if the Eagles were brimming with talent defensively.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Cowboys are gonna draft a running back and pair him with Randle. No point in spending big money on a position that has such a short shelf life.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score

I'm an Eagles fan myself and I firmly believe that all this movement is about Chip Kelly's ego and him wanting to clear out all the " Andy Ried" guys that complained about having to practice hard on Saturday , etc. The problem with
All this is we weren't that far away and only needed to build the defense. I think he forgot that he coaches in "Philly" and the fans will make his entire existence miserable if this doesn't work starting in game one. He basically gave four key players away (+ a second round pick ) for about four ACL surgeries . Beautiful!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Horatio said:
I'm an Eagles fan myself and I firmly believe that all this movement is about Chip Kelly's ego and him wanting to clear out all the " Andy Ried" guys that complained about having to practice hard on Saturday , etc. The problem with
All this is we weren't that far away and only needed to build the defense. I think he forgot that he coaches in "Philly" and the fans will make his entire existence miserable if this doesn't work starting in game one. He basically gave four key players away (+ a second round pick ) for about four ACL surgeries . Beautiful!!!!!!!

If you look at what he's doing he has built up the defense. He had said previously he will always spend on defense because he thinks he can make b players a players on offense in his system.

Reaction Score
Also a diehard Cowboys fan. I'm ok with it if they can spend that $8 mil on a player or players that won't be out of the league in 3 or 4 years. Murray is quite fragile.

Reaction Score
I really like the Vareen signing but the others have been garabage. Harris may be the worst signing of the Reese era and that says a lot.

The defense is a mess, it needs major changes, hopefully the draft consists of a OL and 6 defensive guys
I don't mind the Harris signing. The cap has gone up, Harris is making 3 mil per and we need a return man so if he can be a dependable 3rd receiver he's worth the money. I hate that Rolle is gone though. He was a great Giant

Reaction Score
I don't mind the Harris signing. The cap has gone up, Harris is making 3 mil per and we need a return man so if he can be a dependable 3rd receiver he's worth the money. I hate that Rolle is gone though. He was a great Giant
Too many other much more important needs than to spend over 3 mill a year on a guy who returns kicks. I am not counting on a guy with about 30 career catches to be a dependable no. 3. He was offered more money than we offered Rolle.

The cap went up but the giants are still in a poor position with it.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
If you look at what he's doing he has built up the defense. He had said previously he will always spend on defense because he thinks he can make b players a players on offense in his system.

I can't complain about the McCoy because of his salary but out of all of this stuff he should've kept Maclin. Usually when teams make this much movement
It doesn't work. We already went this route with the Michael Vick proclaimed
" dream Team ". In his defense , Sanchez suprised me last season. All that team needed was
A better pass defense / cornerback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22