OT- Curry | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT- Curry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Certainly way too early to throw Curry in the same hat as Michael but if he continues at this pace he will be there in the end.

Reaction Score
Um, does a guy named Niels Giffey ring a bell? Two time national champion? Kid was a marksman. Put him in Golden State's system and he's putting up Curry numbers tomorrow.

Thank you for starting my day with a great joke.

caw

Reaction Score
It's really hard to argue Curry isn't the best 3PT shooter ever. However, with this new era of pace and space a player like Ray would be getting much easier looks which is scary to think about. Unfortunately, if Curry played at the same time period as Ray I could see him running around a lot of screens and being used like his father was. Heck it's arguable that is how he was being used his first few years.

Reaction Score
The three point line skews everything. Because you get 50% more points for a shot behind the line, defenders are forced to over-guard the line, which makes driving past them substantially easier when you shoot like Curry. That, and the tight whistle calling that is now in the league, and you take a guy from "great shooter, maybe the best ever" to "this guy thinks he can be better than Jordan."
Not denying he's a fantastic basketball player - just saying it's a joke that's he believes he's in the conversation with Jordan and LBJ, both of whom are much better basketball players than him.

That damn 3 point rule that's been in the game for 30 years! What's this new fangled nonsense?!

While we're at it, can we do something about this g.odda.mn passing throws in football?! Ridiculous! This is not how my great grandfather played!

Reaction Score
ESPN came out with 10 top list for best NBA PGs ever:

1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Stockton
4. Curry
5. Isaiah Thomas
6. Chris Paul
7. Nash
8. Kidd
9. Frazier
10. Cousy

Reaction Score

1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Stockton
4. Curry
5. Isaiah Thomas
6. Chris Paul
7. Nash
8. Kidd
9. Frazier
10. Cousy
Nice list. Nate Archibald was a good one, probably a couple of others missing that I can't think of. I will say that Isaiah was a flat out baller.

Speaking of point guards I still can't believe Mark Jackson is not in the HOF. In fact he didn't register a vote for 3 years.

Reaction Score

1. Magic
2. Oscar
3. Stockton
4. Curry
1. Add this to this list of reasons I dislike ESPN - overhyping their own brand.
2. Add this to the list of reasons I don't like Curry - it's laughable people are putting him on top 10 lists after 6 seasons.

Reaction Score
An admitted anti-NBA guy taking a laughably absurd position on the NBA and then doubling down on it at every opportunity is peak Boneyard.

Reaction Score
An admitted anti-NBA guy taking a laughably absurd position on the NBA and then doubling down on it at every opportunity is peak Boneyard.

Hey that's not fair to include me in on this Crack :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3