OT-Cruz | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT-Cruz

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was actually hoping this was a thread about Ted Cruz' playing in pick up games vs. other senators.

I'm going to go all Deepster and start bitching about every pro sports thread that shows up on the hoops board.

Reaction Score
He can at least be a possession receiver, I would think. Good routes, good hands. Maybe the speed will return.

I loved Cruz before his injury but unfortunately he is none of these things. He is too small to be a possession receiver, he runs "meh" routes at best, and he has below average hands. He made his mark in the NFL off his speed and quickness out of the slot and both of those are gone and ain't coming back.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I loved Cruz before his injury but unfortunately he is none of these things. He is too small to be a possession receiver, he runs "meh" routes at best, and he has below average hands. He made his mark in the NFL off his speed and quickness out of the slot and both of those are gone and ain't coming back.

Obviously his speed and cuts were critical to his success, but I think "meh" is underselling his route running.

Analysis Notebook: The Routes of Cruz | PFF

And I don't think his drop rate was ever that bad, especially considering Eli throws a lot of, let's say, sub-optimal balls. And I think he had only 3 drops this past season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom