OT-Cruz | The Boneyard

OT-Cruz

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I know we are playing good round ball. Football season is over. I didn't see i tposted anywhere, Giants let Cruz go along with Rashad Jennings. A sad day for me anyway. However I realize it is business. They did treat Cruz real good for 2 years. Jennings I don't know. I have to read on. I will miss the Salsa.

Reaction Score
Both moves had to be made, no way around it, neither are worth close to their contracts. JT Thomas is next on the chopping block.

Reaction Score
Victor was a great story, loved the guy. Had his years, maybe he comes back with someone else, heck I hope so. But he didn't have the explosion to separate it was a decision that had to be made unfortunately. Good luck to him!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Not sad to see Jennings go. Our running game has been garbage for years. We caught a bad break with Wilson, but who knows if he would've been good. We need an upgrade.

I'll miss Cruz. Not his Time Warner commercials.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Victor was a great story, loved the guy. Had his years, maybe he comes back with someone else, heck I hope so. But he didn't have the explosion to separate it was a decision that had to be made unfortunately. Good luck to him!

He can at least be a possession receiver, I would think. Good routes, good hands. Maybe the speed will return.

Reaction Score
Not sad to see Jennings go. Our running game has been garbage for years. We caught a bad break with Wilson, but who knows if he would've been good. We need an upgrade.

I'll miss Cruz. Not his Time Warner commercials.
I think Wilson was gonna be sick. If he had figured out the fumbling problem, he had the potential to be one of the most explosive players in the league, so so so u unfortunate what happened to him, he was a great kid too.

Reaction Score
Had to be done. I'd like to see the Giants go after the best OL in the FA market and get another OL in the first or second round. Actually if they could sign a top OL, draft the TE out of Alabama in the 1st and get the best OL on the board in the 2nd, it would be a huge lift to their offense.

FWIW These cuts put the Giants in the middle of the NFL pack in terms of salary cap space (31 mil). Other teams of note:

Pats 61 mil
Washington 58 mil
Atlanta 22 mil
Eagles 9 mil

Cowboys 12 MIL OVER

Reaction Score
He can at least be a possession receiver, I would think. Good routes, good hands. Maybe the speed will return.

Honestly thought he'd be that guy, he wasn't open all that often. I was thinking Edelman/Welker but really never close, it was time.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Honestly thought he'd be that guy, he wasn't open all that often. I was thinking Edelman/Welker but really never close, it was time.

Well, I don't think he was fully back physically. But at what he'd be getting paid this season, we couldn't afford to find out.

Reaction Score
How can the Pats have 61M in cap space? Did Brady's contract expire? :)

Reaction Score
i love cruz, but if this cap space goes towards keeping jpp around i will be a happy nyg fan.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Good riddance, thanks for the help winning a Super Bowl, you've been disappointing since. Good luck at your next stop and with your other careers.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Good riddance, thanks for the help winning a Super Bowl, you've been disappointing since. Good luck at your next stop and with your other careers.

@ sshole

cruz2.jpg

Reaction Score
Sounds like a perfect Patriots reclamation project. Worth taking a chance on.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Mau, didn't the Giants give a tryout for Welker in camp? Never heard anymore about it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sounds like a perfect Patriots reclamation project. Worth taking a chance on.

Pats got too many guys that can fill that role already. Too many guys to resign/restructure at skill positions to make it worth a run at Cruise.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Mau, didn't the Giants give a tryout for Welker in camp? Never heard anymore about it.

If it was recently, I hope every team in the league gives that guy a hard pass. He's had so many concussions, I'm hoping he makes it to 60. Any more, especially given that he's gonna be a step slower, and he might die on the field. No sarcasm.

Reaction Score
Pats got too many guys that can fill that role already. Too many guys to resign/restructure at skill positions to make it worth a run at Cruise.

Tom Cruise is looking to be a slot receiver too? After all he was originally a football player in Steel country right? Think he played for "Coach" actually :rolleyes:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Tom Cruise is looking to be a slot receiver too? After all he was originally a football player in Steel country right? Think he played for "Coach" actually :rolleyes:

Cruise was a helluva a player. Cocky, but in control. Western Pennsylvania tough. Huge upside.

Pretty funny 'cruz' is right in the thread title too. I blame my phone.

Reaction Score
Cruz was the third option. His contract didn't justify his role. He was a good guy, a true Giant, but I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Jennings never got it done consistently. Both can be replaced in the draft for much cheaper.

Reaction Score
Cruz was the third option. His contract didn't justify his role. He was a good guy, a true Giant, but I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Jennings never got it done consistently. Both can be replaced in the draft for much cheaper.
It would have happened last year but he took a 5.5 mill dollar paycut to remain a Giant.

Reaction Score

Yeah wasn't a good 3rd option most of the year, hurt Eli not having that "Steve Smith type" which is what he should have been. Instead they stuck with him too long, but always liked him so maybe he deserved it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom