OT: Cronin visiting UNLV | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Cronin visiting UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Money talks, and if the rumors are true that the boosters are UNLV are willing to back up the Brinks truck to bring in a coach, I could see Cronin making the move from Cincy to UNLV. One other underrated aspect is the number of AAU tournaments that occur in Vegas each summer, which would give Cronin access to a ton of recruits.

If it were me, I'd have no interest in leaving somewhere like Cincy to go to UNLV, but if the money is right, maybe?

If the boosters are willing to open their checkbooks I'd imagine they'd want someone much sexier than Cronin. He's done an admirable job at Cincy but I wouldn't exactly be excited about the hire if I'm a UNLV booster expecting a big splash.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Mick Cronin is not at his radio show as previously scheduled. Hmm....

kobe

Reaction Score

No one that covers recruiting for our 247 and scout sites think that's true. That's a BS cover up.

Reaction Score
No one that covers recruiting for our 247 and scout sites think that's true. That's a BS cover up.

At this point it seems like a mutual parting is best and that JE3 should transfer to UConn ;)

Reaction Score

kobe

Reaction Score
If Cincy's smart they'll let him walk. Cronin has been an adequate coach who's helped navigate some choppy waters, but he's not going to get them back to the mountaintop.
National media laughed at us when we fired our football coach Rick Minter and said we would never do better than him. A few years later we hired Brian Kelly and were 12-0 and a missed Texas FG away from the National Title game. Sometimes you have to take a risk. This may be one of those times.

Reaction Score
National media laughed at us when we fired our football coach Rick Minter and said we would never do better than him. A few years later we hired Brian Kelly and were 12-0 and a missed Texas FG away from the National Title game. Sometimes you have to take a risk. This may be one of those times.
If Cronin goes, who's on your shortlist?

kobe

Reaction Score
If Cronin goes, who's on your shortlist?
My first call would be to Frank Martin but doubt he comes here. I also like Keatts at UNCW.

Reaction Score
Can't imagine your coach leaving to make a backwards move is exactly good publicity when you're knocking on the door of the Big 12.

Reaction Score
He just got a raise and is paid $2.2 million making him a top 20 paid coach in the country. I'm tired of this game. He doesn't deserve a raise. Point blank.

If he leaves he leaves. I will enjoy my time in Hell regardless.
Isn't he from Cincy where his dad was a legendary coach himself?

Reaction Score
The word out of UNLV for a while has been that they want to get back to the bigtime and are looking to shell out for a top coach. also rumored was Pitino and having him bring along his son to eventually take over.
Well that makes more sense with the hookers being legal out that way

Reaction Score
If Cincy's smart they'll let him walk. Cronin has been an adequate coach who's helped navigate some choppy waters, but he's not going to get them back to the mountaintop.

back to the mountaintop? They never left the lodge.

Reaction Score
First year watching college basketball, huh?

since the Field House days. The 1960s are NOT relevant to today's landscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom