OT: Cowboys/Giants | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Cowboys/Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So where is the line? How hard do you have to beat your wife before you cross that line? Apparently the Giants are still a classy organization for signing a guy in Michael Boley AFTER he beat his wife, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are a bunch of punks for signing Hardy? I just want some consistency here.

Who said the Giants are perfect, and I would take a guy who has a questionable past if it means he can win us a Super Bowl. At least Boley acted like a decent human being in the public eye unlike Hardy. If the Giants signed Hardy which I actually did want them to sign to a 1 year deal, it would have been a storm with the NY media so that part I understood. Greg Hardy's off the field issues in the public eye don't compare to Boley's that is the difference.

Reaction Score
Jerry Jones embraces being a media spectacle and getting front page news on Espin he's the team owner, president and GM for a reason, and the Giants ownership want absolutely nothing to do with it

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Who said the Giants are perfect, and I would take a guy who has a questionable past if it means he can win us a Super Bowl. At least Boley acted like a decent human being in the public eye unlike Hardy. If the Giants signed Hardy which I actually did want them to sign to a 1 year deal, it would have been a storm with the NY media so that part I understood. Greg Hardy's off the field issues in the public eye don't compare to Boley's that is the difference.

C'mon, dude. Both beat their wives, and Boley even beat his kid, too. As long as you act contrite afterwards, it makes it OK?

By the way, Plaxico had a few domestic violence run-ins and caused problems with the Giants off the field, too, and the team tolerated it until he shot himself in the leg and couldn't play anymore. That was a complete circus...but if you want to take the moral high-ground with the Giants and poo-poo the Cowboys, feel free to do just that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So where is the line? How hard do you have to beat your wife before you cross that line? Apparently the Giants are still a classy organization for signing a guy in Michael Boley AFTER he beat his wife, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are a bunch of punks for signing Hardy? I just want some consistency here.

Yeah, I don't have an answer, but when there's evidence that you've beat a woman, not in the act of defending yourself physically, then I personally don't want you on my team. I want guys I can root for, not guys I despise. It's admittedly a grey line though, because, I also believe in second chances in some cases. A guy who slapped a woman once, and is contrite and shows himself to be accountable (counselling, anger management, comportment, community service)? I could live with that. Ray Rice cold cocking his fiance and dragging her out by the hair? Not so much. Hardy? No way in hell. And he terrorized the Pats last week. As a player alone, I'd love him on my team. But not with his off the field background.

Note, I didn't pay any attention to the Boley stuff, as I'm not a Giants fan. Arguably the greatest player in Giants history is a noted coke head and underage prostitute fan. But that wouldn't bother me were it my team. I guess it's a to each his own thing.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
C'mon intlzncster "he's a leader" of course you extend deals with criminals, why not? :eek:

While I'm not surprised at all that JJ is extending the guy, you gotta admit the timing is astounding and ludicrously tone deaf.

Reaction Score
Ha, this is comical coming from the guy who made the idiotic argument about them struggling with the Cowboys as a representations they are not good. Ok buddy, it only works for you

It was intenteded to be comical. You missed it Jerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom