OT: Cowboys/Giants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Cowboys/Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not that it matters but I would certainly disagree with Flowers being the best offensive linemen. Pugh, Schwartz and Richburg are all having pretty good seasons and have outperformed Flowers by a long shot. Flowers and Newhouse have been pretty damn awful so far.

Flowers has been very good for a rookies I think, solid at the very least. Will be a good one. Schwartz and Richburg certainly have been ok but not as good from my veiwpoint but agree Pugh has been solid also.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Flowers has been solid, far from awful IMO. Newhouse, no arguments there.

Will Beatty should be back in practice this week, looks like RT..

OK _ Beatty is a UConn grad - I get it
But as a GMen fan, he doesn't excite me when he's playing
Get's beat too many times and prone to penalties
JMO

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Sounds about right. Do you think they should bring Beatty back to his normal LT spot and move Flowers to RT or keep Flowers at LT? I lean the former
Don't move the young fella. Flowers was supposed to be the LT of the future anyway. Beatty played RT when he first broke into the league so he has experience there and would be an obvious and instant upgrade

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Two awful interceptions and specials teams breakdown allowed the winning touchdown are what cost Dallas the game.
But the phantom holding penalty that took away a touchdown certainly did not help.
I despise poor sportmanship and lack of teamwork...Hardy exhibited both. I also wish that an anvil would fall from the sky on Cromartie.

Reaction Score
OK _ Beatty is a UConn grad - I get it
But as a GMen fan, he doesn't excite me when he's playing
Get's beat too many times and prone to penalties
JMO

Compared to Newhouse though he makes Beatty look like Jonathan Ogden.

Reaction Score
Two awful interceptions and specials teams breakdown allowed the winning touchdown are what cost Dallas the game.
But the phantom holding penalty that took away a touchdown certainly did not help.
I despise poor sportmanship and lack of teamwork...Hardy exhibited both. I also wish that an anvil would fall from the sky on Cromartie.

Sounds like game 1 huh harry? We gave you a gift and you returned it. Although our phantom call was really a "phantom" call in the 1st game. Then of course the clock mgmt debacle which is the only reason the 'Boys had enough time to win - both ugly for the losers but certainly equal to their respective outcomes.

Reaction Score
Typical Giants they can never just suck, they win ugly to get you to buy in and get your hopes up which is why I'm not falling for it. Any of the 4 teams could win the division. The Giants desperately need Beatty, Cruz and JPP back.

You would fall for the Giants after they struggled to beat a team without their starting QB and best receiver? They have their own injuries but cmon... Save yourself some heartache.

Reaction Score
You would fall for the Giants after they struggled to beat a team without their starting QB and best receiver? They have their own injuries but cmon... Save yourself some heartache.

Give him a break though because the GMen had their best 2 receivers playing on one leg and basically ineffective. LBers and DB's out and have just as many excuses as Dallas to have sucked. Having said that I believe they do suck.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't give up on this team yet. Being Giants fans, you guys should know that anything can happen in this league. I remember feeling ever so hopeless in Week 15 of the 2011 season after getting messed up by the Redskins at home. That loss brought the Giants to 7-7 at the time and making the playoffs was looking like a complete longshot. We all know about the winning streak that followed!

Reaction Score
I wouldn't give up on this team yet. Being Giants fans, you guys should know that anything can happen in this league. I remember feeling ever so hopeless in Week 15 of the 2011 season after getting messed up by the Redskins at home. That loss brought the Giants to 7-7 at the time and making the playoffs was looking like a complete longshot. We all know about the winning streak that followed!

We always have that, but you have to admit the one thing that we miss which will not allow us to beat the good teams is a pass rush and I don't see it coming any time soon. It hurts tremendously and makes it easy to prepare for the GMen defense.

Reaction Score
We always have that, but you have to admit the one thing that we miss which will not allow us to beat the good teams is a pass rush and I don't see it coming any time soon. It hurts tremendously and makes it easy to prepare for the GMen defense.

Oh absolutely. I'm hoping that as (if?) the team gets healthier and guys like Ayers and Dennard get their footing back, the pass rush will be improved. I also think the offense is due for a real breakout game soon.

Reaction Score
Oh absolutely. I'm hoping that as (if?) the team gets healthier and guys like Ayers and Dennard will be able to provide a small spark to the pass rush. I also think the offense is due for a real breakout game soon.

Kenner back even at 75% was good but he needs to get healthy. Ayers should be better and it will take time, I thought Wynn may turn into at least an Eric Dorsey type and he's been good but wasn't on Sunday. He was caught too deep a lot on runs his way. Maybe JPP will miraculously come back with and add a little "spark" to the D.:cool:

Reaction Score

Did I say I would fall for or deny that the Giants suck? I was routing more for the Cowboys to lose then I was for the Giants to win. If the Giants suck which they do I wanna see them go 4-12 or worse so that changes do get made as opposed to winning meaningless games down the stretch going 7-9 or 8-8 then ownership thinks everything is fine and good and no changes need to be made.

Reaction Score
Compared to Newhouse though he makes Beatty look like Jonathan Ogden.
Beatty was terrible in 2013 but last year he was very solid. Newhouse is flat out stinks.

Oline was great Sunday, big improvement over the Eagles game.

Reaction Score
Kenner back even at 75% was good but he needs to get healthy. Ayers should be better and it will take time, I thought Wynn may turn into at least an Eric Dorsey type and he's been good but wasn't on Sunday. He was caught too deep a lot on runs his way. Maybe JPP will miraculously come back with and add a little "spark" to the D.:cool:

Kenner? WTF I hate the iMac sometimes - Kennard

Reaction Score
Giants should have beat the Cowboys in Dallas with Romo and Dez, that game still keeps me up at night

Reaction Score
Giants should have beat the Cowboys in Dallas with Romo and Dez, that game still keeps me up at night

Crap... The should have argument. Okay Scott Norwood.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Crap... The should have argument. Okay Scott Norwood.
Ha, this is comical coming from the guy who made the idiotic argument about them struggling with the Cowboys as a representation they are not good. Ok buddy, it only works for you

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Th
I think as a woman she is probably wondering how the hell this guy could be called a leader at all based on his history with women. That's a great find tcf and says it all about Jones and his organization.

I'm hearing they may release Rae Carruth in a week or so as he will then become the leader of the offense for his passion too.

The Cowboys are a sh_t show because Jerry Jones is a sh_t show. He went the Al Davis route, once a successful owner, then believed too much in his ability (or lack thereof, then senile. Won't change until he's no longer owner.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I've given up caring about guys on my team being model citizens. I loathe Greg Hardy off the field, but he's fantastic on it. While it would be nice if he were a great guy, I've learned to separate the two. I guarantee if you went through every roster and took a good hard look at each guy, you'd find a couple of terrible people. I remember the Giants having a linebacker a few years ago, some nobody that beat his wife and kid and yet nobody gave a damn and he was out there on Sunday.

EDIT: Michael Boley, that's his name! Here's an article about the local teams employing pieces of human garbage.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-players-questionable-pasts-article-1.1943763

Gotta draw the line somewhere though. I wouldn't want Greg hardy on my team. And there's not a person in the country who'd take Aaron hernandez.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Gotta draw the line somewhere though. I wouldn't want Greg hardy on my team. And there's not a person in the country who'd take Aaron hernandez.

So where is the line? How hard do you have to beat your wife before you cross that line? Apparently the Giants are still a classy organization for signing a guy in Michael Boley AFTER he beat his wife, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are a bunch of punks for signing Hardy? I just want some consistency here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom