OT - Coombs-McDaniel | The Boneyard

OT - Coombs-McDaniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to Jon Rothstein on Twitter (sorry can't link to it from this computer), Jamal Coombs-McDaniel has been suspended for the first 2 games of the season for violating team rules.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well I feel a little less good about myself because of the silent smirk I had when I read this. Jamal Coombs-McDaniel was a tough a kid to like with his some of his comments, but he was a decent spot up shooter if left alone.

Reaction Score
Schadenfreude, baby!

I'm reading 4 games! 4 games baby! Must not have been minor.

The reason I love this is because, much like C. Kelly, it means it's YOU, Jamaal, not Calhoun.

Liked the kid until the stupid tweet. Thereafter, couldn't stand him.

I guess I'm old school. I value allegiance a lot. Both in family, at work, and in life in general. If you can't even keep your mouth shut while you're there, it's a sign of weak character.

Good luck Jamaal. I'm sure some day you'll be able to use your experience in basketball with your real life issues:

"Problem is the boss just doesn't understand that I'm trying to implement a better system here . . . ."

Reaction Score
Dave Borges tweeted: ... Coombs-McDaniel suspended 4 games by Hofstra for violation of team rules - "stupid stuff" - a source tells me.

Reaction Score
Birds of a feather? Maybe we lightened the load more than I originally thought. Kevin has a new and certainly fresher crew.

Reaction Score
"Violation of team rules," is nearly universal for the use of the wacky tobacky.

Minor offense that I could personally care less about.

Reaction Score
Someone I know who is on campus at Hofstra says you see him walking around campus high not infrequently. It is a source I trust.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Question - how "good" would he have been on this team this year? would he have started? been better than giffey or DD?

Reaction Score
Question - how "good" would he have been on this team this year? would he have started? been better than giffey or DD?

The way it worked out was Jamal Coombs-McDaniel's transfer opened up the scholarship for Daniels, so DeAndre wouldn't be here if Jamal Coombs-McDaniel still was. But I'd say Jamal Coombs-McDaniel would have played a bunch this year. He never lived up to the hype, but there was obvious improvement from his freshman to sophomore years. Even if he was exactly the same player as a senior as he was as a sophomore, he'd have to play 25+ minutes on this roster, right?

Reaction Score
Coombs is realizing it's tough to be a pot head and a d1 basketball player

Never liked his game, wasn't really that good at one particular thing...average shooter, average speed, not that tall, not that fast, couldn't beat his man off the dribble....

Always complained on every foul call too, I hate when players do that

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The way it worked out was Jamal Coombs-McDaniel's transfer opened up the scholarship for Daniels, so DeAndre wouldn't be here if Jamal Coombs-McDaniel still was. But I'd say Jamal Coombs-McDaniel would have played a bunch this year. He never lived up to the hype, but there was obvious improvement from his freshman to sophomore years. Even if he was exactly the same player as a senior as he was as a sophomore, he'd have to play 25+ minutes on this roster, right?

Absent a violation of team rules or otherwise pissing off KO, yeah, I'd say so.

Reaction Score

Let's see what Daniels does this year first. Somehow, I get the feeling he will end up being a better player in the long run.

Jamal Coombs-McDaniel is such a headcase, that he will probably never fulfill his own potential.

Reaction Score
Let's see what Daniels does this year first. Somehow, I get the feeling he will end up being a better player in the long run.

I wasn't comparing the two players. I was just saying that Jamal Coombs-McDaniel's transfer is what opened up a scholarship (as well as the need for a SF) that allowed us to sign Daniels. So in the hypothetical situation where Jamal Coombs-McDaniel is still on the team, Daniels is not on the team.

Reaction Score
I wasn't comparing the two players. I was just saying that Jamal Coombs-McDaniel's transfer is what opened up a scholarship (as well as the need for a SF) that allowed us to sign Daniels. So in the hypothetical situation where Jamal Coombs-McDaniel is still on the team, Daniels is not on the team.

Sorry. That's where I thought you were going, except I was thrown off by the "with this roster" part since Daniels is part of this roster.
Even without Daniels, it's hard to tell if Jamal Coombs-McDaniel gets 25 minutes. Hypothetically, KO could go with a three guard lineup of SN, RB, and OC with Jamal Coombs-McDaniel getting 10 minutes off the bench.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Ahh, Jamaal Coombs- McDoobie at it again. "I was gonna ball at UCONN, but then I got high. I was gonna take my act to Hofstra, but then I got high. I was gonna get a college degree, but then I got high....I could've made it to the NBA, but that was a lie, and I know why, yeah, yeah, because I got high, because I got high, because I got high...."

Reaction Score
Ahh, Jamaal Coombs- McDoobie at it again. "I was gonna ball at UCONN, but then I got high. I was gonna take my act to Hofstra, but then I got high. I was gonna get a college degree, but then I got high....I could've made it to the NBA, but that was a lie, and I know why, yeah, yeah, because I got high, because I got high, because I got high...."

AfroMan is that you?

Reaction Score

Let's thank God for Jamal Coombs-McDaniel leaving then because DD will be a much better player.........Jamal Coombs-McDaniel was a selfish player, always looking to score, played ole defense so he could get run outs...will never be missed !!

I remember reading everyone's summary of his game coming out, does a little bit of everything type deal which was exciting......never came close except for that run of 3-4 games in which his guy scored on him as much as he scored.........DD will be fine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom