OT: Collector catches #3,000 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Collector catches #3,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The difference between Papi and A-Rod is that while there is speculation about Ortiz, that is all it is. A-Rod is a slam dunk case. He tested positive and he admitted it. Questioning some of A-Rod's 3,000 hits is legitimate. Ortiz doesn't have anything to do with that accomplishment.

I don't know, nor care, about either players' level doucheiness. They are professional athletes. There is probably a fair amount of doucheiness to go around, but being douchey and being a good hitter are not mutually exclusive. Neither is being douchey and taking drugs.

Reaction Score
The difference between Papi and A-Rod is that while there is speculation about Ortiz, that is all it is. A-Rod is a slam dunk case. He tested positive and he admitted it. Questioning some of A-Rod's 3,000 hits is legitimate. Ortiz doesn't have anything to do with that accomplishment.

I don't know, nor care, about either players' level doucheiness. They are professional athletes. There is probably a fair amount of doucheiness to go around, but being douchey and being a good hitter are not mutually exclusive. Neither is being douchey and taking drugs.

“The news blindsided me,’’ Ortiz said in a prepared statement after he hit a three-run home run to propel the Sox to an 8-5 victory.

Ortiz said the Major League Baseball Players Association later confirmed to him that the report of his positive test was accurate.

“Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive,’’ he said in his statement. “I will find out what I tested positive for. And, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public. You know me - I will not hide and I will not make excuses.’’

Tell me then does the fact he wants you to believe he has no idea how he tested positive convince you he is telling the truth? LOL

Reaction Score

You're a fool if you don't think Ortiz juiced. I could care less that he juiced since I think over 50% of them did, it's the constant whining and persecution complex he has that's annoying.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Has the heat affected your reading comprehension? Both of you?

Golden Seal Root masks marijuana to some extent, but is not a performance enhancer, and very well could be on the banned substance list. Ortiz very well could have taken a masking agent and not the associated PED. To my knowledge no one has said what he tested positive for. I don't know if he juiced because I don't care. My point from the beginning is that David Ortiz has nothing to do with the legitimacy of A-Rod's hits.

Reaction Score
Has the heat affected your reading comprehension? Both of you?

Golden Seal Root masks marijuana to some extent, but is not a performance enhancer, and very well could be on the banned substance list. Ortiz very well could have taken a masking agent and not the associated PED. To my knowledge no one has said what he tested positive for. I don't know if he juiced because I don't care. My point from the beginning is that David Ortiz has nothing to do with the legitimacy of A-Rod's hits.

MLB does not test for marijuana or any other drugs of abuse when they test for steroids so there would be no reason to take a masking agent for it.

Husky25

Reaction Score
MLB does not test for marijuana or any other drugs of abuse when they test for steroids so there would be no reason to take a masking agent for it.
It was an example. I don't take steroids. I have never taken PEDs for athletics. I don't know what the masking agents are. While it has been over 12 years, I have on occasion smoked (and inhaled) marijuana.

Reaction Score
An article on steroid use in MLB stated 10% of MLB players were from Dominican Republic and 58% of those testing positive were from there. It's a very tight culture and small island, they all know each other and hang out together frequently in the winter. But Papi probably don't hang with those guys, and stays in Boston in the winter shoveling snow.

Reaction Score
An article on steroid use in MLB stated 10% of MLB players were from Dominican Republic and 58% of those testing positive were from there. It's a very tight culture and small island, they all know each other and hang out together frequently in the winter. But Papi probably don't hang with those guys, and stays in Boston in the winter shoveling snow.

Well, I'm sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky