OT: Collector catches #3,000 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Collector catches #3,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course not he doesn't even know where his glove is. MLB chased ARod and don't like him, but they made him their bi**h. As for Papi next time he legs out a groundball or puts on a glove we can them even talk about him being an actual baseball player alex. The talk of HOF is laughable. ARod is a HOFer, the other not close.
He wore a glove on Thursday

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
There are a lot of accounts of Jim Calhoun being a D bag, so what? People in the public eye can get testy.
1) I'm offended you evoked Jim Calhoun to defend Arod. 2) The answer to so what is the point stands. He reaps what he sews.

Reaction Score
Of course not he doesn't even know where his glove is. MLB chased ARod and don't like him, but they made him their bi**h. As for Papi next time he legs out a groundball or puts on a glove we can them even talk about him being an actual baseball player alex. The talk of HOF is laughable. ARod is a HOFer, the other not close.

Sans 2009, ARod should be paying the Yankees back for his post season ineptitude.
I'll take Ortiz (and his three titles) in the post season anyday.

Reaction Score
Sans 2009, ARod should be paying the Yankees back for his post season ineptitude.
I'll take Ortiz (and his three titles) in the post season anyday.

post season no doubt. But then again you would take him over Bonds, Winfield and others who have not performed well in post season. But he isn't half the player of any of those guys either! He is a bigger idiot and proved it agin the other night.

Reaction Score
God, I hate how any thread remotely about baseball becomes a dong measuring contest between Yankees fans and Boston fans. Yankees fans (including me), get over it. We have some players who other fans don't like, and a long history of d-baggery. But we also have 1/4 of all World Series titles ever played, including 5 in my lifetime, so I'll take it. Red Sox fans, yes you guys have been more or less on par with us for the past ~10 years, and that's great. Hell, I've always liked Papi because of his swagger and humor. ARod is a , but he's my , he's done everything right since coming back, so I'm gonna cheer my loudest for him. Let's just let this argument drop and go back to hating players for them simply being on the other team.

Reaction Score
God, I hate how any thread remotely about baseball becomes a dong measuring contest between Yankees fans and Boston fans. Yankees fans (including me), get over it. We have some players who other fans don't like, and a long history of d-baggery. But we also have 1/4 of all World Series titles ever played, including 5 in my lifetime, so I'll take it. Red Sox fans, yes you guys have been more or less on par with us for the past ~10 years, and that's great. Hell, I've always liked Papi because of his swagger and humor. ARod is a , but he's my , he's done everything right since coming back, so I'm gonna cheer my loudest for him. Let's just let this argument drop and go back to hating players for them simply being on the other team.

Not sure how a Yankee fan (or any other?) could fall for that Papi nonsense but to each his own. But agree, both teams have guys we all would hate on the others teams and I've freely admitted that in the past. I'm not dong measuring at all just pointing out mines bigger than alex's! LOL;)

Reaction Score
Good post UconNick

"Red Sox fans, yes you guys have been more or less on par with us for the past ~10 years, and that's great...."

Not to nit pick, but in the past decade it's 3-1 Sox. ;)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Depends on how many of Papi's have been since teaming up with Manny? Your call alex ;)
Been meaning to ask you what David Ortiz has to do with this.

Why does the "everybody else does it," argument apply here but doesn't in the Brady episode?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I love how this guy acts like he doesn't know what he's going to do with the ball. He gets all defensive when he's asked if he's going to sell the ball, so it's obvious that's what he's going to do. I don't even care that he's going to sell it, but don't put on this dog-and-pony show of "I'm going to rest on it a few days and decide." Then he'll probably call a press conference or something to say that after much deliberation, he's decided that the best thing to do is sell the ball to the highest bidder. If he just came out and said "Yeah, this ball is worth a crapload of money, of course I'm going to sell it," I'd have a lot more respect for him.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
This is where the Yard always goes off the rails. The thread is about a guy catching a ball. Should he keep? How does he catch so many?

Reaction Score
Been meaning to ask you what David Ortiz has to do with this.

Why does the "everybody else does it," argument apply here but doesn't in the Brady episode?

Wait a minute you need to find where I said "no one else does it" for me 25 before you make this into something it's not. No one "else" got caught from what I hear or am I wrong? Maybe they do and maybe the other team just didn't notice like the Colts. Heck maybe the Colts are as ignorant as the Wells report? Just saying, never your guys.

Reaction Score
I think the reason for Papi's dislikeability by other fans has little to do with steroids. When was the last time he took a called 3rd strike and didn't act like he was just shot? If you're comparing, AROD does not do that. The umps have gotten sick of this tirade he's been putting on for years and he's probably been getting payback. No one minds an occasional complaint by players on balls and strikes but he is famous for being a jerk out there. I agree on AROD this year, he's been on his best behavior, and other team's fans will only hate him more for it.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I think the reason for Papi's dislikeability by other fans has little to do with steroids. When was the last time he took a called 3rd strike and didn't act like he was just shot? If you're comparing, AROD does not do that. The umps have gotten sick of this tirade he's been putting on for years and he's probably been getting payback. No one minds an occasional complaint by players on balls and strikes but he is famous for being a jerk out there. I agree on AROD this year, he's been on his best behavior, and other team's fans will only hate him more for it.
Your thoughts on Paul O'Neil?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wait a minute you need to find where I said "no one else does it" for me 25 before you make this into something it's not. No one "else" got caught from what I hear or am I wrong? Maybe they do and maybe the other team just didn't notice like the Colts. Heck maybe the Colts are as ignorant as the Wells report? Just saying, never your guys.

I never said you made that argument, in particular. My question specifically to you is why are you bringing Ortiz into a conversation that has nothing to do with Ortiz? Because Ortiz may have at some point
injested either a performing enhancing drug or a masking agent? Here's the thing. Even if Ortiz did take a banned substance (again both PED and/or masking agent is considered a banned substance), the purpose of that list was not supposed to be a Gotcha, no one can identify what Ortiz tested positive for, and he hasn't tested positive since then. I'm not saying Ortiz is completely innocent because I don't know. I AM saying that David Ortiz has nothing to do with Alex Rodriquez, his 3,000th hit, that hit happening to be a home run, or the guy who caught the ball.

Regarding Brady: no one else got caught because, literally, no one cared before. Otherwise, why aren't pressure measurements documented? Regardless, I don't think the Wells Report proved anything and the suspension is baseless, but it's not because Brady's my guy. I'm a Washington fan. RG3 is my guy. If Brady is my guy, it only because I have him on my fantasy team.

I've said it before, and it applies in both cases, in my opinion, a rule is not a rule unless it is enforced.

Reaction Score
Your thoughts on Paul O'Neil?
Be happy to talk O'Neil "The Warrior". He was as an intense a player as there was but mostly acting out in the dugout, throwing his helmut, and water cups, now and then a bat. Mad at himself for not doing well and performing but not the umps or arguing the way Papi does on so many pitches. He would ground to second base then go crazy. O'Neil never stood at home plate and mugged for the umps on nearly every strike called, but yes he went off and got tossed.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Be happy to talk O'Neil "The Warrior". He was as an intense a player as there was but mostly acting out in the dugout, throwing his helmut, and water cups, now and then a bat. Mad at himself for not doing well and performing but not the umps or arguing the way Papi does on so many pitches. He would ground to second base then go crazy. O'Neil never stood at home plate and mugged for the umps on nearly every strike called, but yes he went off and got tossed.
The next called third strike he takes in silence will be the first one he didn't turn around and argue with the ump.

Read this excerpt from Pete Rose's book

Reaction Score
I never said you made that argument, in particular. My question specifically to you is why are you bringing Ortiz into a conversation that has nothing to do with Ortiz? Because Ortiz may have at some point
injested either a performing enhancing drug or a masking agent? Here's the thing. Even if Ortiz did take a banned substance (again both PED and/or masking agent is considered a banned substance), the purpose of that list was not supposed to be a Gotcha, no one can identify what Ortiz tested positive for, and he hasn't tested positive since then. I'm not saying Ortiz is completely innocent because I don't know. I AM saying that David Ortiz has nothing to do with Alex Rodriquez, his 3,000th hit, that hit happening to be a home run, or the guy who caught the ball.

Regarding Brady: no one else got caught because, literally, no one cared before. Otherwise, why aren't pressure measurements documented? Regardless, I don't think the Wells Report proved anything and the suspension is baseless, but it's not because Brady's my guy. I'm a Washington fan. RG3 is my guy. If Brady is my guy, it only because I have him on my fantasy team.

I've said it before, and it applies in both cases, in my opinion, a rule is not a rule unless it is enforced.

C'mon 25 you got this. The question was how many of ARod's 3,000 hits were legit? This is from a Sox fan who actually believes he's any different than a number Yanks, Sox and many other MLers for that matter by taking PHD's. I mean why just ARod seriously? He did his time while others haven't leave him be. He's made a great comeback for an older guy who was out of baseball for over a year, give him his due.

And I am sorry RG3 is your guy. He should deflate his balls?;)

Reaction Score
The next called third strike he takes in silence will be the first one he didn't turn around and argue with the ump.

Paul O was tougher on himself than the umpires, but he had his times. Papi feels he deserves calls and acts like it. Hell so does Gardner - I can't stand the way he acts and I am sure some umps take that out on him. Paps still tends to get most of the calls so he has no b***h. The other thing is I never heard of O'Neill asking scorers to change an "E" to a hit.:rolleyes:

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Paul O was tougher on himself than the umpires, but he had his times. Papi feels he deserves calls and acts like it. Hell so does Gardner - I can't stand the way he acts and I am sure some umps take that out on him. Paps still tends to get most of the calls so he has no b***h. The other thing is I never heard of O'Neill asking scorers to change an "E" to a hit.:rolleyes:
If by his times you mean every time I agree. Rose says himself that O'Neil "never made an out." He's the poster boy for arguing with umpires and the first player that came to my mind as soon as @jibsey got on Papi for yappin'.

But anyway, Baseball is garbage. Wake me up when you guys want to talk soccer.

Reaction Score

According to Pete he didn't bet on baseball as a manager until he was caught, and today ESPN announced a story where he bet as a PLAYER on games, so I guess if Pete says so it's the gospel. Ortiz is a cryer, complainer, and lier about juicing IMO. We're going to see a lot more of that from him, as his skill as DH goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom