OT: Collector catches #3,000 | The Boneyard

OT: Collector catches #3,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Arod is a joke. The real story is the guy who caught 8,000 balls, & knew where to stand for this one.

Reaction Score
I may be in the minority here, but I think this guy should sell it back to arod. It means too much not to give it back. Get a good price that makes him happy but give it back or he's a piece of .

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I may be in the minority here, but I think this guy should sell it back to arod. It means too much not to give it back. Get a good price that makes him happy but give it back or he's a piece of .
So is A Rod. It's poetic justice for this d bag to catch A Rods 3k.

Reaction Score
I never understood the notion that fans have to give a ball back. What, the fan can't cherish a significant piece of history too? Or is it all about the need of the high priced athlete? This is America and if a person who paid to be entertained manages to catch the 3000th career ball and not give it back no one should get on him. Trust me, he'll get the ball back, everyone has a price, the fan is not stupid and he's now become a small part of baseball history.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Just saw Hample's interview on CBS he has several 50 gallon trash cans at his home full of foul balls, batting practice balls, & home run balls. He brings both the home & opposing teams hats to games, & knows how to ask for a ball in 28 languages. Fanatical.

Reaction Score
Guy is a . I've personally witnessed him at batting practice elbowing and pushing kids out of the way to get a few of his 8000 baseballs. Sucks that he had to be the one to get it, because he's a total piece of crapola.

Reaction Score

It's eventually going to go to auction, ARod can bid on it like everyone else.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I never understood the notion that fans have to give a ball back. What, the fan can't cherish a significant piece of history too? Or is it all about the need of the high priced athlete? This is America and if a person who paid to be entertained manages to catch the 3000th career ball and not give it back no one should get on him. Trust me, he'll get the ball back, everyone has a price, the fan is not stupid and he's now become a small part of baseball history.

Because, on or off steroids, A-Rod earned those 3,000 hits not ball-boy.

Didn't Big Papi trash steroid users while he was using? Pretty doucey.

GemParty

Reaction Score
If he wanted 3,000 so bad, he should have kept it in the park.

Pushing kids is unacceptable but profiting off a Home Run ball or keeping it for yourself, or donating to the HOF, or giving to his Dad for Father's Day is his right.

This idea that a ball belongs to a hitter is ridiculous. If I fan wants to return it, that's also their right. I think that happened to Jeter. I'm guessing many fans would give a likable guy like Jeter that momento. Balls that leave the park belong to the person who catches it. On the flip side, MLB says be careful if you get hit in the face with one, which I've also seen.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but Jeter's 3,000 was probably worth more than Arod's.

I would give it back but want want some equilvalent value in return. A signed ball, bat and jersey wouldn't be enough. Maybe season tickets for a year or 2. etc.

If he wanted 3,000 so bad, he should have kept it in the park.

Pushing kids is unacceptable but profiting off a Home Run ball or keeping it for yourself, or donating to the HOF, or giving to his Dad for Father's Day is his right.

This idea that a ball belongs to a hitter is ridiculous. If I fan wants to return it, that's also their right. I think that happened to Jeter. I'm guessing many fans would give a likable guy like Jeter that momento. Balls that leave the park belong to the person who catches it. On the flip side, MLB says be careful if you get hit in the face with one, which I've also seen.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
All balls are property of Major League Baseball, until they are distributed (hit or otherwise) outside the limits of the playing field and/or after the game is over. Fans may keep balls. Players may keep balls (the 2004 World Series ball is still technically the property of Doug Mientkiewicz). A fan should not be compelled to merely give a ball to a player just because it marks a significant moment. The fan should be able to determine what his fair market price is. If it is other memorabilia, so be it. If it is $100,000, then that is fine too. My thought however is that anything associated with A-Rod will not appreciate with time, so unload it quick.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
So is A Rod. It's poetic justice for this d bag to catch A Rods 3k.

Oh please. ARod done wrong, but the truth is, the dirt bags are the holier than thou players who weren't outed and there were plenty of them who played on every team in baseball at every pro level and likely at other organized levels probably down to high school. And some dummies are still being caught and suspended.

Reaction Score
I really don't remember Papi's season long suspension or him throwing his own teammate and other players under the (steroid) bus. ;)

Of course not he doesn't even know where his glove is. MLB chased ARod and don't like him, but they made him their bi**h. As for Papi next time he legs out a groundball or puts on a glove we can them even talk about him being an actual baseball player alex. The talk of HOF is laughable. ARod is a HOFer, the other not close.

Reaction Score
The broadcast yesterday said that the Yankees gave the guy who caught Jeter's home run, tickets for the rest of that season, but the guy asked for nothing. This guy can sell the ball for whatever, but he needs to just shut up about why AROD disappointed him and is the poster boy for getting caught and being stupid. A long list of heroes never got caught. AROD will never get in the Hall as Papi won't and that's fine, but it's definitely chapping a lot of people that AROD is having this good a year at nearly age 40 without steroids (and he's being tested all the time). Like Bonds his skills are HOF with or without, but that won't help them.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Oh please. ARod done wrong, but the truth is, the dirt bags are the holier than thou players who weren't outed and there were plenty of them who played on every team in baseball at every pro level and likely at other organized levels probably down to high school. And some dummies are still being caught and suspended.

Arod being a has nothing to do with HGH. It's fairly well known he's one of the most pretentious blowhards in sports. I've heard first hand accounts of him threatening to get a staff member fired for introducing his kid to him. Hes a because he's a and that's why he deserves to have his 3k caught by a .

Reaction Score
Arod being a has nothing to do with HGH. It's fairly well known he's one of the most pretentious blowhards in sports. I've heard first hand accounts of him threatening to get a staff member fired for introducing his kid to him. Hes a because he's a and that's why he deserves to have his 3k caught by a .
There are a lot of accounts of Jim Calhoun being a D bag, so what? People in the public eye can get testy.

Reaction Score
ARod is a jagbag, Ortiz is a jagbag and this dork who caught 8,000 balls is a jagbag.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of accounts of Jim Calhoun being a D bag, so what? People in the public eye can get testy.

Track down the picture of Jim Calhoun doing this, please:

new-york-yankees-third-baseman-alex-rodriguez.jpg

People's dislike for Alex Rodriguez has very little to do with HGH or any other performance enhancing drug. He's just a grade A [blank] and he's always had a terrible reputation around baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom