OT: Clyde's Son | The Boneyard

OT: Clyde's Son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe he hasn't been able to break in to coaching again after the hooker thing. Guy was a stud, totally deserves a second chance!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe he hasn't been able to break in to coaching again after the hooker thing. Guy was a stud, totally deserves a second chance!
It's because of his studding that he is struggling! Funny choice of phrase Tim!

C

Chief00

Nice to see Dad is biggest influence in life. I never posted about the son because of all the Clyde haters on this board - why drag son into that. Note, his son's hometown and remember where Ryan Boatright is from.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Nice to see Dad is biggest influence in life. I never posted about the son because of all the Clyde haters on this board - why drag son into that. Note, his son's hometown and remember where Ryan Boatright is from.

We're not Clyde haters, Sir Chief, we just aren't as obsessed with him as you are!

Reaction Score

No one, I bet absolutely ZERO, hates Clyde or even dislikes Clyde a bit. He made a major error in judgement, not that major in regards to the fans in particular, but would always be a problem on the recruiting trail. Clyde would be a wonderful coach at UConn and was a great addition to the JC staff no doubt. But for anyone, myself included, to just think it could never happen again due to his mistake, does not at all equal "hater" as you say. I wish the guy could and would resurface, he deserves a 2nd chance in my mind, just not in Storrs.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The problem wasn't that it was an error in judgement - it was three different errors and then one attempt to hide the first two.

Generally, you'd expect a guy who can recruit like that to get another shot at least at a lower level, but it never happened for him. I don't know why - he applied for a gig at Pitt seven or eight years ago, but never got close to getting it. I know he works some hoop camps, but I think he's a teacher in Illinois these days

Reaction Score
The problem wasn't that it was an error in judgement - it was three different errors and then one attempt to hide the first two.

Generally, you'd expect a guy who can recruit like that to get another shot at least at a lower level, but it never happened for him. I don't know why - he applied for a gig at Pitt seven or eight years ago, but never got close to getting it. I know he works some hoop camps, but I think he's a teacher in Illinois these days

Trying to be nice. Yes he made "error's".

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

At any level, even a lower level, all the other recruiters have to say is 'Do you want your son being influenced by a man who has been convicted three times of soliciting prostitution?' Game over.

I'm actually shocked he landed a teaching position.

C

Chief00

I know the conventional wisdom is that he could never recruit again - I personally never bought into that narrative. Look at Pitino.
I am not making excuses for him; just that the punishments has been pretty severe in terms of impact.

C

Chief00

At any level, even a lower level, all the other recruiters have to say is 'Do you want your son being influenced by a man who has been convicted three times of soliciting prostitution?' Game over.

I'm actually shocked he landed a teaching position.

Was he "convicted" 3 times? Or do you mean charged?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Was he "convicted" 3 times? Or do you mean charged?

He was convicted at least twice - no idea what happened during his first arrest in California.

In any event, it's a semantic argument as his predilection for prostitutes is beyond debate.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
^ what he said. You aren't going to go into a recruits house after someone else accused you of this and have the argument that you were only convicted once (or twice) as your defense. A pattern is a pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom