OT: Christmas Parties from Hell | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Christmas Parties from Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My worst was my first job out of college in customer service (pre-outsourcing) at a large insurance firm - picture 200 or so recent college graduates with a tiny bit of disposable income in their hands now living in Boston. One year, the company tried to save money by holding the party on a Thursday night instead of a Friday night. It did not save any money or cut down on the drinking. Instead, I got to watch my cube mate take a call, put the person on hold, puke into the trashcan under his desk, and continue the call. He was not the only one. That was on top of the 'who hooked-up with who stories,' including a recent college graduate, age 22, who went to bed with my boss's, boss's, boss, age 50+ who was married with kids her age.

The worst story I head from from a relative who used to work in the sub-prime mortgage industry in CT. The year before everything went down the tank, a recent college graduate decided to giver my relative's boss a faux strip-tease and not so faux lap-dance while his wife was standing next to him. Needless to say, her New Year's resolution was to find a new job.

Reaction Score
About 25 years ago we used to go to a xmas party at one of my wife's elderly aunt's house. She used to keep the house at about 80 degrees. Then she would keep asking everyone if they were warm enough. I used to tell my wife I was taking up smoking for one day a year so I had an excuse to go outside and cool down.

My grandmother used to host our family's Christmas Eve party with maybe 30 people in her 1950's, 3 bedroom cape. The thermostat would be set at 82 degrees. Only fun year was my freshman year at UConn when my cousin and I went to the unused upstairs bedrooms, opened the window and found 2x 12 packs of Bud under the bed. So much for being the family's designated driver that night :) Still, it was likely payback for an early family gathering when I was 7 or so when a childless Aunt bought the five of us cousin (all boys between 8 and 4) these plastic fireman's helmets with flashing strobe lights and fire fighting sound effects. If I was an adult at that event, I would have drunk myself into a stupor or gone Scarface on everyone.

Reaction Score
We go to my nieces house on Christmas Day. She keeps the house a toasty -65 and I freeze my butt off. I can't drink due to meds. Think I'll bring my electric blanket this year. By the time I leave my feet are blue.

Reaction Score
We go to my nieces house on Christmas Day. She keeps the house a toasty -65 and I freeze my butt off. I can't drink due to meds. Think I'll bring my electric blanket this year. By the time I leave my feet are blue.

65????

That's tropical. We keep our house at 61.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I was prepped for the worst party I ever went to. It wasn't a holiday party though. It was a wedding (However it was over the weekend following Thanksgiving, so it probably qualifies it as a holiday party on a technicality).

I didn't want to go but it was to be my first indoctrination with my girlfriend's (now wife) family. The couple getting married was under 21 and for religious purposes, most of her older relatives don't drink (Digression: I always found that interesting seeing as Jesus was absolutely a partyer. He was at least an enabler, but you can't tell me he didn't have any of the wine he made at Cana and keep a straight face). Needless to say, there was no booze of any kind. As I said, I was prepped before the wheels left the runway in Windsor. I had 5 oz. of vodka in my suit coat pocket, and 750 ml. backing that up in the car. Truth be told, the 5 oz was just about enough to get a buzz on without people being much the wiser. The Hip Doctor cures most ills.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
put a goshdarn sweater on if you're cold!

Sweater my @ss.

John's living room:

randy-snow-suit-a-christmas-story-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members