OT: cheating at Duke???? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: cheating at Duke????

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I maintain and will always maintain that Duke has cheated throughout Coach K's tenure.

They do it better than everyone else. Think about it folks... their graduates are some of the most powerful people in business, the banking system, the legal system and our political system in the whole country (and the whole world).

You don't think they figured out how to set up a system to funnel benefits to kids in a way that you could never, ever implicate Coach K or his staff? And totally insulate him when really bad things happened?

They have the connections and the money to sweep anything that came up under the rug. Only the Ivy League schools and Stanford have as many connected people as Duke. And unlike at public universities such as UConn, it is much easier for private colleges to insulate themselves when bad things happen.

Examples right off the top of my head: Corey Meggette (accused of rape), Lance Thomas (accused of theft) and Rasheed Sulaimon (accused of sexual assault). All major crimes that just faded away as if they never happened. Other "smaller" incidents over the years as well. As much as Michael Avenatti turned out to be a piece of crap, you don't think there was at least some truth to his claims? Riiiiiight.

And all the while, Father Flanagan (Coach K) acting so freaking sanctimonous, backed up by his good buddy and #1 ass-kisser Dickie V.

That, along with their insufferable fans is why I have always disliked them the most of any team in college basketball.

Would love to see the book thrown at them... but sadly, at least as long as Krzyzewski is there, it won't happen.
I've always wondered how they track meal money. I know for a fact that in DII at least, when going to a tournament where you're staying overnight, players get an envelope for meal money and they spend it at their discretion in between regular team meals. Wasn't a large amount and some guys would hit up the dollar menu at McD's and then to the mall for some new gear or CDs (I'm old), but I've always wondered if its the same thing when these guys go to say, the ACC tourney, do they get an envelope for "meal money" and what would stop them from adding a couple of extra crisp c-notes from a "friend of the program" to said envelope?

Has anyone on this board played DI hoops and can regale us with tales of life on the road?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
A starting spot at Duke makes you a shoe in to be considered for a lottery pick.
Pun intended.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Did Zion wear one Adidas shoe and one Nike during the same game or did he alternate brands every other game? Ncaa is completely corrupt and Duke will get zero penalties over this matter.

Reaction Score
Did Zion wear one Adidas shoe and one Nike during the same game or did he alternate brands every other game? Ncaa is completely corrupt and Duke will get zero penalties over this matter.

at Duke he wore Nike as Duke has a contract with Nike but I believe his aau team was sponsored by Adidas.

Reaction Score
Nothing will happen to K, he's too invincible to get dinged in any way, shape, or form. Everyone knows that Jeff Capel was the bagman during his most recent tenure there, but there will be a fall guy.

Reaction Score
If by some chance, post corona, I end up running the NCAA there will be an immediate, lifetime penalty that every single duke player must get Sellers'd once a day from the time they sign their LOI to the day they renounce it.

And I will hire Rod himself to do it.

And, for probably the first (and only) time in history, a player (Sellers) gets suspended for the first game of the next season. Only Duke and only UConn.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Which one blew up on him? That could have been costly now in more ways than one.

Reaction Score
Which one blew up on him? That could have been costly now in more ways than one.

Nike. Can you imagine the angst in Oregon when it happened? Complete with closeup of the logo on the blown out shoe.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And, for probably the first (and only) time in history, a player (Sellers) gets suspended for the first game of the next season. Only Duke and only UConn.
I think he was suspended for the next NCAA tourney game, or am I "misremembering."

Reaction Score
This is a happy day for one Jeff Capel III, AKA Dook coach in waiting !
Maybe he isn't gonna be waiting as long as he thought !!!!!

Reaction Score
I was going to hold my breath until Dickie V comments on this but not even a pod of sperm whales can hold it that long.

Reaction Score
I was going to hold my breath until Dickie V comments on this but not even a pod of sperm whales can hold it that long.
Yes, I’m old.
1589246621061.jpeg

Reaction Score
This has to be tough for ESPN what with K and Duke being their whole college basketball promo vehicle every year.
That’s the problem with being the place where everyone goes for sports news and being having a vested interest in teams success for your revenue. Bound to be conflicts

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Our academic problem and punishment compared to this? When Carolina skated last time I Iost all hope of justice with the NCAA.
Carolina skated because they hid their tracks very well. They defrauded their university, but if Hand Painting 101 requires one painting per semester then that’s on the President for stooping that low.

Paying recruits is another story. It gets messy legally.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom