OT: cheating at Duke???? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: cheating at Duke????

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If nothing happened to Zona or UNC there is nearly zero chance this goes anywhere
If by chance it does, K will claim to have had a back issue and he will be excluded from anything during the infraction period.
The NCAA will never let anything happen to K

Reaction Score
I maintain and will always maintain that Duke has cheated throughout Coach K's tenure.

They do it better than everyone else. Think about it folks... their graduates are some of the most powerful people in business, the banking system, the legal system and our political system in the whole country (and the whole world).

You don't think they figured out how to set up a system to funnel benefits to kids in a way that you could never, ever implicate Coach K or his staff? And totally insulate him when really bad things happened?

They have the connections and the money to sweep anything that came up under the rug. Only the Ivy League schools and Stanford have as many connected people as Duke. And unlike at public universities such as UConn, it is much easier for private colleges to insulate themselves when bad things happen.

Examples right off the top of my head: Corey Meggette (accused of rape), Lance Thomas (accused of theft) and Rasheed Sulaimon (accused of sexual assault). All major crimes that just faded away as if they never happened. Other "smaller" incidents over the years as well. As much as Michael Avenatti turned out to be a piece of crap, you don't think there was at least some truth to his claims? Riiiiiight.

And all the while, Father Flanagan (Coach K) acting so freaking sanctimonous, backed up by his good buddy and #1 ass-kisser Dickie V.

That, along with their insufferable fans is why I have always disliked them the most of any team in college basketball.

Would love to see the book thrown at them... but sadly, at least as long as Krzyzewski is there, it won't happen.

Skulls

Reaction Score
I maintain and will always maintain that Duke has cheated throughout Coach K's tenure.

They do it better than everyone else. Think about it folks... their graduates are some of the most powerful people in business, the banking system, the legal system and our political system in the whole country (and the whole world).

You don't think they figured out how to set up a system to funnel benefits to kids in a way that you could never, ever implicate Coach K or his staff? And totally insulate him when really bad things happened?

They have the connections and the money to sweep anything that came up under the rug. Only the Ivy League schools and Stanford have as many connected people as Duke. And unlike at public universities such as UConn, it is much easier for private colleges to insulate themselves when bad things happen.

Examples right off the top of my head: Corey Meggette (accused of rape), Lance Thomas (accused of theft) and Rasheed Sulaimon (accused of sexual assault). All major crimes that just faded away as if they never happened. Other "smaller" incidents over the years as well. As much as Michael Avenatti turned out to be a piece of crap, you don't think there was at least some truth to his claims? Riiiiiight.

And all the while, Father Flanagan (Coach K) acting so freaking sanctimonous, backed up by his good buddy and #1 ass-kisser Dickie V.

That, along with their insufferable fans is why I have always disliked them the most of any team in college basketball.

Would love to see the book thrown at them... but sadly, at least as long as Krzyzewski is there, it won't happen.
I really don’t think they need to cheat anymore. A starting spot at Duke makes you a shoe in to be considered for a lottery pick. Duke was already a great gig with a beautiful campus, Ivy League type education in a great conference...The transition to one and done mixed with his stint with the Olympic team and guys like Kobe basically endorsing him has given him legend status. He basically gets his pick of top recruits. I hate Duke but I think they’re set for another ten years.

Reaction Score
All kidding aside after the recorded Sean Miller phone calls what would Duke realistically have to do to actually be punished by the NCAA? Honestly I can’t even wrap my mind around how severe the violations would have to be.
It would have involve at least two murders with recovered bodies. At least. Hell they let Miller walk and seem to be allergic to the idea of even looking at Kansas. Duke would have to get caught trading nuclear secrets to North Korea to even warrant an investigation while K is still coaching.

Reaction Score
Deep down we all knew they and Kansas were paying recruits. I don’t care how fabled their program is, you don’t get that level of recruits year after year without paying kids. As with UNC, the deeply corrupt NCAA will do nothing about this.

Reaction Score
It looks like Avenatti was right about Zion and Nike. They probably got him and his family money before, during, and after. The only question is did Avenatti try to shake them down? And what did K know?

Reaction Score
Deep down we all knew they and Kansas were paying recruits. I don’t care how fabled their program is, you don’t get that level of recruits year after year without paying kids. As with UNC, the deeply corrupt NCAA will do nothing about this.
Paying recruits is barely a violation. This should not cause any problems for K.

Now, if K took a few shots with a kid touring the facility, that would be some serious sheeet. They’d fire him, not pay him, and throw a show cause at him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like that idea, I’m sure the ncaa is thinking more 10 day tho
And just show us all how tough they can be the NCAA will apply it retroactively to the 2019-2020 season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Paying recruits is barely a violation. This should not cause any problems for K.

Now, if K took a few shots with a kid touring the facility, that would be some serious sheeet. They’d fire him, not pay him, and throw a show cause at him.
1589171241925.png

Reaction Score
I wouldn't believe a word out of Michael Avenatti's mouth at this point

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog