OT: cheating at Duke???? | The Boneyard

OT: cheating at Duke????

Reaction Score
I maintain and will always maintain that Duke has cheated throughout Coach K's tenure.

They do it better than everyone else. Think about it folks... their graduates are some of the most powerful people in business, the banking system, the legal system and our political system in the whole country (and the whole world).

You don't think they figured out how to set up a system to funnel benefits to kids in a way that you could never, ever implicate Coach K or his staff? And totally insulate him when really bad things happened?

They have the connections and the money to sweep anything that came up under the rug. Only the Ivy League schools and Stanford have as many connected people as Duke. And unlike at public universities such as UConn, it is much easier for private colleges to insulate themselves when bad things happen.

Examples right off the top of my head: Corey Meggette (accused of rape), Lance Thomas (accused of theft) and Rasheed Sulaimon (accused of sexual assault). All major crimes that just faded away as if they never happened. Other "smaller" incidents over the years as well. As much as Michael Avenatti turned out to be a piece of crap, you don't think there was at least some truth to his claims? Riiiiiight.

And all the while, Father Flanagan (Coach K) acting so freaking sanctimonous, backed up by his good buddy and #1 ass-kisser Dickie V.

That, along with their insufferable fans is why I have always disliked them the most of any team in college basketball.

Would love to see the book thrown at them... but sadly, at least as long as Krzyzewski is there, it won't happen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All kidding aside after the recorded Sean Miller phone calls what would Duke realistically have to do to actually be punished by the NCAA? Honestly I can’t even wrap my mind around how severe the violations would have to be.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
How do you get benefits from two competing sneaker companies?
Oh, wait. All it takes is a hefty pair.
What are they going to do, Sue you for breach of their illegal contract?

Reaction Score
Coack K will get a bronze head bust in the NCAA's office. Next Dukie that does this kind of act gets him a statue. Forever shall Dickie V stand by his side and memorialize a pristine program, as clean as it gets, that will always be the cream if the crop, yada, yada, yada, all day until he dies.

Reaction Score
Beal, who was a one-and-done at Florida, apparently would have been all over this.

“These kids are gonna say F college,” the Washington Wizards guard said, per The Athletic’s Fred Katz. “Just play in the G League and enter the draft? Where do I sign?

That opened up some fun back-and-forth, as Tatum says he might have turned down $500,000 and stayed loyal to his blueblood, Duke, where he spent one year.

“So Duke gave you $600,000?” Beal joked, as the Boston Celtics star defended his school.

“Hey, Duke might be the only stand-up school in the country,” Tatum responded.

We love you Tatum, but come on, man. Beal clearly got a kick out of that answer, too.

“Listen man, I was born, but I wasn’t born yesterday.”

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
If by some chance, post corona, I end up running the NCAA there will be an immediate, lifetime penalty that every single duke player must get Sellers'd once a day from the time they sign their LOI to the day they renounce it.

And I will hire Rod himself to do it.

Last edited:

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Zion is going to be the guy that really tests how strong their bullet proof vest is. I always tell my Pitt friends that skeletons from Capel’s time at Duke could come back to bite him. Maybe this is that time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom