OT Charles Oakley kicked out of MSG | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Charles Oakley kicked out of MSG

Reaction Score
Honest question. Why is Phil Jackson a disaster? With Melo, the cap, the roster he inherited...could ANYONE have done a better job? I really don't follow any NBA, but always thought pretty highly of Phil.
Outside of drafting Porzingis and signing/drafting some good underrated rotation players from Europe (which they have been able to do for a while even before Phil) I can't think of any good decisions Phil has made.

Hiring Fisher was a disaster, forcing Rambis on Hornacek was a disaster, trading for Rose/signing Noah showed that he had no perception of where the team was at and how far they are from competing in the East.

Reaction Score
Guess you dont know anything about the Isiah era, I dont believe Melo is a winner but the Knicks franchise sure isn't.

LOL I was joking and I have been a Knicks fan for almost 40 years. Dolan only cares about money, if he can make money without spending any, better yet.

Reaction Score
Outside of drafting Porzingis and signing/drafting some good underrated rotation players from Europe (which they have been able to do for a while even before Phil) I can't think of any good decisions Phil has made.

Hiring Fisher was a disaster, forcing Rambis on Hornacek was a disaster, trading for Rose/signing Noah showed that he had no perception of where the team was at and how far they are from competing in the East.
And Phil didn't even want to draft Porzingis, it took Clarence Big House Gaines son telling Phil, Porzingis is a once in a lifetime time talent for Phil to finally be swayed.

Reaction Score
censored for yelling f*k off at Dolan? Very targeted. 90% of MSG , and BY, would also qualify for such an ejection at any given game.

Reaction Score
I can't get over how f*ing tty it is to kick a guy out of a game because he yelled at you about how much you suck and then release a statement that tries to make it sound like the dude has a drug or mental problem. That is one of the most b*tch moves I can think of.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
The Ewing trade, to me, is the one that sent them in a downward spiral.

Instead of just letting the contract expire, they compounded a bad situation and made it worse.

The Spiral started with the injury and retirement of Allan Houston. The franchise was supposed to be his but his career ended.

Reaction Score
The Spiral started with the injury and retirement of Allan Houston. The franchise was supposed to be his but his career ended.

We'll, kind of. He was never a franchise player anyway. Houston being signed to a massive contract as the franchise player was part of the problem. Him getting hurt just made it much worse.

Reaction Score
Dude was soft and overrated, not close to a franchise player.

Horatio

Reaction Score
We'll, kind of. He was never a franchise player anyway. Houston being signed to a massive contract as the franchise player was part of the problem. Him getting hurt just made it much worse.

I agree. He wasn't a "franchise" guy .

Horatio

Reaction Score
Dude was soft and overrated, not close to a franchise player.
He wasn't that bad but they paid him to be the "franchise" And got little out of it. Knick fans will suffer as long as Dolan owns the team. He's too much of a fan to make serious decisions.

Reaction Score
The worst decision Phil Jackson made was giving Melodrama a max contract. He wanted to change the culture, but that one trick pony is the culture. I do wonder if Dolan pressured Jackson to sign him since Melodrama was Dolan's masterpiece to begin with.

Phil Jackson deserve a lot of credit for Porzingas and Hermangomez looks like another keeper. It's too early to call Jackson a failure.

They should cut Anthony and swallow the contract. The team would improve overnight. Addition by subtraction.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I pray that KO starts looking for a player that has Oak's fire, physicality and determination for our team. A tough SOB. Plus maybe make a 17 footer like he used to. Who has that kind of attitude for us next year?

Reaction Score
I pray that KO starts looking for a player that has Oak's fire, physicality and determination for our team. A tough SOB. Plus maybe make a 17 footer like he used to. Who has that kind of attitude for us next year?

It's been a while since we had an enforcer type of player, I was hoping Lubin would be that guy for us. Calhoun had a bunch of those guys, Selvie, Sellers, Depriest, Adrien.

Reaction Score
Why would Oakley go there if he knows he's not welcomed? Or not be smart enough to communicate in advance to avoid a situation like this. It's Dolan's team, he can do this if he wants regardless of what instigates it.

Reaction Score
Always loved Oak. He could glare. Rarely did more than that tho. Saw him at the Battle for Atlantis. Getting gray, but still a pretty imposing guy. Those 8 security guys must have been a little nervous!

Reaction Score
Gotta say I'm shocked you'd have a take like this.

We finally found the one James Dolan fan on the planet and the fact that it's this clown is the least surprising news of the day. His "Martin Shkreli is actually a pretty cool guy" post is on deck.

Reaction Score
Sure genius. Think Oakley is a complete idiot honestly that he would go there knowing he's not welcome and for the sole purpose of being an attention hound.

We finally found the one James Dolan fan on the planet and the fact that it's this clown is the least surprising news of the day. His "Martin Shkreli is actually a pretty cool guy" post is on deck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom