OT- Chane Behanan (Twitter Tea Leaves) | The Boneyard

OT- Chane Behanan (Twitter Tea Leaves)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rumor is he whiped his ass with the ACC charter. WM on phone with Swofford.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
not Behanan related but I did have to laugh at this comment from Russ Smith in today's ESPN article on the Cards. this is how its supposed to be, they got away with it far too long.

And while Pitino maintained in the preseason that the new enforcement of the hand-checking rules would have virtually no impact on his team’s pressing defense, Russdiculous claims otherwise.

“With these new rules, we’re not able to do anything,” Smith told me following Louisville’s loss to Kentucky at Rupp. “Now when we use our hands, it’s a foul.”

“It was just different last year,” he added. “We knew how to use our hands.”

Reaction Score
not Behanan related but I did have to laugh at this comment from Russ Smith in today's ESPN article on the Cards. this is how its supposed to be, they got away with it far too long.

And while Pitino maintained in the preseason that the new enforcement of the hand-checking rules would have virtually no impact on his team’s pressing defense, Russdiculous claims otherwise.

“With these new rules, we’re not able to do anything,” Smith told me following Louisville’s loss to Kentucky at Rupp. “Now when we use our hands, it’s a foul.”

“It was just different last year,” he added. “We knew how to use our hands.”
Russ Smith is just keeping it real:cool:

Reaction Score
OkaForPrez said:
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN1m
Louisville's Kevin Ware is expected to redshirt this season, sources told ESPN.

Since he's already played, Louisville will need to provide the NCAA some sort of proof that he suffered an injury. Hope they have access to Google.

caw

Reaction Score
I personally like how Pitino waited until after the UK game to suspend/expell Behanan. Want to bet his issue occurred before then?

That's 3/5 of ULs starters now gone along with their 6th or 7th man from last years championship team. Harrell looks great against any team that's not ranked, but has been putrid against the two decent teams they played. He is their big missing piece, that and neither guard looks to pass. If you think RB is selfish, watch UL.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
UL and the media sensationalized Kevin Ware's return... now we're supposed to just pretend he didn't play and that he's 'hurt' so he should qualify for a redshirt?!

Uhhhhh

Reaction Score
UL and the media sensationalized Kevin Ware's return... now we're supposed to just pretend he didn't play and that he's 'hurt' so he should qualify for a redshirt?!

Uhhhhh

After the injury he suffered, I was surprised they didn't do it to start the year. And at that point I'm sure the NCAA would have honored the request.

Doing it at this point, after he's attempted a comeback, is just bizarre.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

Uhhhhh
You can play and apply for a redshirt. Why shouldn't he qualify if he is unable to play?

Reaction Score
This hurts UConn. We don't have many high profile games left. If we beat a diminished Louisville team it won't help as much as it would had otherwise. Now if we lose to them it looks worse to pollsters. And if they're bad it doesn't help our RPI.

Reaction Score
This hurts UConn. We don't have many high profile games left. If we beat a diminished Louisville team it won't help as much as it would had otherwise. Now if we lose to them it looks worse to pollsters. And if they're bad it doesn't help our RPI.
And your sister is fat.

Reaction Score
Behanan's super long suspension to start the season surely taught him a lesson!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
After the injury he suffered, I was surprised they didn't do it to start the year. And at that point I'm sure the NCAA would have honored the request.

Doing it at this point, after he's attempted a comeback, is just bizarre.

What's bizarre about it?

He likely qualifies for a medical redshirt and will apparently apply for one.

Reaction Score
What's bizarre about it?

He likely qualifies for a medical redshirt and will apparently apply for one.

Bizarre that they didn't do this in the first place (which I would have done) and had him try to play through it, only deciding on the redshirt 1/3 of the way through the season.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
It is certainly a sad turn of events for Behanan, but commendable of L'ville to finally say enough is enough.

The loss of Ware will certainly hurt guard depth but barring injury to one of their guards, it won't hurt the team performance very much.

I must admit that prior to the season, L'ville's power game inside seemed like a huge mismatch against UConn's thin and inexperienced big guys. Mathiang and Van Treese have performed well to date and we certainly recruited Agau (who will likely now get more minutes) but it is a bit less scary when our skinny dudes will no longer have to face the well-muscled pair of Behanan and Harrell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom